"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Apparently the food was okay in the hospitality but the service to get drinks was terrible. It was a drinks included package but it took ages to be served/get an order taken. Maybe it was intentional to limit the amount of drinks or it was just the bar staff not being good at their jobs.

14 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Apparently the food was okay in the hospitality but the service to get drinks was terrible. It was a drinks included package but it took ages to be served/get an order taken. Maybe it was intentional to limit the amount of drinks or it was just the bar staff not being good at their jobs.

Possibly a bit of both I'd imagine.

Good to know, thanks. 

I'm sure a good time will be had regardless (it's a freebie). 

4 hours ago, Cammy Murray said:
Hi everyone,
For my undergraduate dissertation research, I am currently collecting data on the relationship between season ticket holders and Scottish football clubs.

Cameron, maybe you should consider some research on the SFA and masturbation within that organisation because some w****r there has decided that our SC semi Final tie ticket has been set at un unbelievable £38.00!

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Talking of Hospitality, and a time when the club looked after it's fans, how many of you remember David Sutherlands kind generosity when he laid on free fans "refreshments" at the Grosvenor Hotel before the Hearts game.

I recall I got 5/1 on our win, a great day.

What a day out that was, for me it beat the Celtic game 2 years earlier, simply because it wasn’t nervy. When I was young, Jock Stein’s teams had a habit of beating you even if you were 2 up with 3 mins left and it was hard to shake that feeling off. 

Our game at Arbroath was off the day Hearts played County in the previous round and being local 2 of us went along. County probably did us a favour by surrendering meekly and their support wasn’t up to that much either.

Back to the car and the draw brought us out with Hearts. Maybe they underestimated us as they had brushed County aside, but we had a fantastic support which raised the roof and at the end we were all singing that cringy Travis song.

1-3 at Tynecastle with Tokely's absolute Gemmil blinder for the first and wee Bagan ripping the Hearts defence for the third, what a team we had then.

30 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

What a day out that was, for me it beat the Celtic game 2 years earlier, simply because it wasn’t nervy. When I was young, Jock Stein’s teams had a habit of beating you even if you were 2 up with 3 mins left and it was hard to shake that feeling off. 

Our game at Arbroath was off the day Hearts played County in the previous round and being local 2 of us went along. County probably did us a favour by surrendering meekly and their support wasn’t up to that much either.

Back to the car and the draw brought us out with Hearts. Maybe they underestimated us as they had brushed County aside, but we had a fantastic support which raised the roof and at the end we were all singing that cringy Travis song.

1-3 at Tynecastke with Tokely's absolute Gemmil blinder for the first, Wyness with the second and wee Bagan ripping the Hearts defence for the third.

What a team we had. Aye Mantis a special great happy day in our history.

Jock Stein legend and his famous quote when he popped his head round the Celtic dressing room door just before the game and said, " When we go four up, gie the ball tae Jimmy", and closed the door, what a team talk and there's a manager who we will never see the likes of again!

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Were we not called Caledonian Thistle for a bit but the SFA or whoever made us add Inverness at the front? 

Yes.  The first few seasons were Caledonian Thistle FC and the Inverness was added later.  

Presumably they would need permission to change their name to they. Surely it hasn’t been granted and they’ve just gone ahead with it themselves?

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Were we not called Caledonian Thistle for a bit but the SFA or whoever made us add Inverness at the front? 

Yeah 94/95 and 95/95 we were Caledonian Thistle.

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably they would need permission to change their name to they. Surely it hasn’t been granted and they’ve just gone ahead with it themselves?

They say in the statement the WOSL has approved it but they’re waiting for the SFA to verify it. That’s the key thing here I think - they know the SFA will veto it but they’ve managed to get themselves some free publicity. 

(Providing of course this isn’t all a joke)

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

They say in the statement the WOSL has approved it but they’re waiting for the SFA to verify it. That’s the key thing here I think - they know the SFA will veto it but they’ve managed to get themselves some free publicity. 

(Providing of course this isn’t all a joke)

Cove, Brora etc, there may be other instances of name adoption.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Cove, Brora etc, there may be other instances of name adoption.

That’s hardly the same as this is it?