"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

43 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The refuseniks must be the most overrated group in Scottish football. If every ex-Caley and Thistle fan who didn’t support the merged club all changed their mind in a oner and came to the next game at the Caley Stadium you wouldn’t even notice. 

Probably many of the anti merger crowd have passed on and I recall some of them went over to the Caledonian FC thread on the old HL Forum, (now the Pyramid), however that thread died in 2020 on its 59th page. Plus we have now a new set of fans who had no ties to Caley or Thistle.

Is 'refuseniks' a common term? *shudder*

I thought the peice was pretty poor - and one sided. That boy crying into his match winner shirt was great telly though. Cry more.

Edited by Derry Alli

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Plus we have now a new set of fans who had no ties to Caley or Thistle.

It seems some folk who were presumably around at the time didn’t enjoy it. I have no ties to the previous clubs and personally enjoyed seeing some footage around the merger. 

Refuseniks was commonly used at the time to refer to a cohort, characterised by Alan Douglas who appeared briefly in the piece storming out of The Rose Street Hall, who were certainly committed but quite comical at the same time.

Simpler times when "Rangers of the North" was a badge of pride.

Every time I see those clips I get the reek of freemasonry in my nostrils.

On 26/03/2023 at 11:57, sophia said:

Morten a 

Raith Rovers h 

Arbroath h 

Cove a 

Hamilton a 

Dundee h 

Ayr h 

It's a tall order, that much cannot be denied, but ruling it out completely or requiring an intervention from a deity that favours an IV postcode is perhaps overstating it.

I predict the following series of results ... W W W W W W W or if that is unreasonable, I'll settle for L L L L L W L

A quick glance at the league table shows that over the last five games we're in top two form.

The run of games we now have in front of us makes me think that there does remain a chance but I have my doubts on whether the wheels will come sufficiently off either the Ayr or Partick wagons.

(apologies for the quote)

I can see Partick winning 3 of their last 5 putting them on 57 points. That means we need to win 5 of our last six. I don’t see that happening.

Think Ayr would be the most likely team to drop out but I still don’t think we have enough games to catch them.

Nah, I'm going to enjoy the chase. See if we can upset these Thistle fans, see if the pressure gets to them. No pressure on us, we aren't expected to make the playoffs. I'm not going to write us off until its mathematically impossible.

6 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Nah, I'm going to enjoy the chase. See if we can upset these Thistle fans, see if the pressure gets to them. No pressure on us, we aren't expected to make the playoffs. I'm not going to write us off until its mathematically impossible.

I tend to agree with this point of view.  

Still enough games left for Partick to s#@t  the bed, let's see what happens! 

No pressure on us and a Semi-final to look forward to. 

We need to give ourselves a chance of making it going into playing Ayr on the final day, our run is easier on paper but we’ve always had our struggles against the bottom feeders.

Hendersons injury not being long term is very important too.

2 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

We need to give ourselves a chance of making it going into playing Ayr on the final day, our run is easier on paper but we’ve always had our struggles against the bottom feeders.

Hendersons injury not being long term is very important too.

You just know The Rovers are going to end 22years of hurt.

On 01/04/2023 at 20:09, DonnieMurdo said:

I tend to agree with this point of view.  

Still enough games left for Partick to s#@t  the bed, let's see what happens! 

No pressure on us and a Semi-final to look forward to. 

Donnie, you are being far too polite on here by blanking shat.

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Donnie, you are being far too polite on here by blanking shat.

I put that down to my Presbyterian up bringing Sandy. 

Having now considered the likelyhood of Partick sh#@*ing the proverbial bed during the run in, it would probably be academic as we are likely to do the same based on this seasons inconsistencies, unfortunately. 

On a completely unrelated note has anyone been to match day hospitality (Highlander suite) and how was it? We are going there for the Ayr game, which hopefully will not be the last home game of the season...

19 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Having now considered the likelyhood of Partick sh#@*ing the proverbial bed during the run in, it would probably be academic as we are likely to do the same based on this seasons inconsistencies, unfortunately. 

On a completely unrelated note has anyone been to match day hospitality (Highlander suite) and how was it? We are going there for the Ayr game, which hopefully will not be the last home game of the season...

Not been myself but know a few who have been this season and they were far from impressed with the hospitality. 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Not been myself but know a few who have been this season and they were far from impressed with the hospitality. 

It's an sme, doing it's best to be the best it can be

I went once and got mince and tatties. I might've been offended but we won so that was a good night

There have been other times when I have been overly indulged and forgive me but the results escape me

@DonnieMurdo I hope you enjoy the event and the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune play as we would wish

We aren't making 4th, there's too many teams with too many points ahead of us.  It's not Christmas time, lads.  It's April, the season is nearly finished.

11 hours ago, DonnieMurdo said:

I was a couple times years ago and it was good, the second time though was at a Celtic game and I was seated with a whole table of burly Celtic scrap metal merchants, (I've given them that job description to provide some respectability).

However given the clubs non communicative and disregard stance nowadays with fans I don't hold out much hope for hospitality.

Talking of Hospitality, and a time when the club looked after it's fans, how many of you remember David Sutherlands kind generosity when he laid on free fans "refreshments" at the Grosvenor Hotel before the Hearts game.

I recall I got 5/1 on our win, a great day.