"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think there are some fair points in here but one thing I would pick up on is the signings comment. Some of the guys that have come in, I understand, are picks by Robbo and not necessarily guys that Dodds wants. Oakley is a good example of this. By all accounts Dodds did not rate him and never really wanted him there but Robbo forced the move through. Some guys haven't worked out (Ram for example) whilst others started well but faded (Delaney). Overall I'd say our recruitment has been poor in the last couple of seasons but how much of that is down to Dodds I'm not too sure. He does have a say in signings but I am sure if he has the final say all of the time.

If that is true then it’s a shocking way to run the recruitment side of the club.

Im all for having a recruitment team bringing players to the table but the manager should always have the most important say. If the manager doesn’t fancy a player then they shouldn’t be signed, even if they turn out to make a mistake, as it is a complete waste of a wage signing a player who the manager doesn’t like and will not be wanting to give minutes on the pitch.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

If that is true then it’s a shocking way to run the recruitment side of the club.

Im all for having a recruitment team bringing players to the table but the manager should always have the most important say. If the manager doesn’t fancy a player then they shouldn’t be signed, even if they turn out to make a mistake, as it is a complete waste of a wage signing a player who the manager doesn’t like and will not be wanting to give minutes on the pitch.

As I say that's my understanding but I could be mistaken so maybe a wee pinch of salt but if it is the case I completely agree with you.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

Been thinking about what needs to happen at the end of the season recently

We were 45 minutes away last season in a league we really should’ve been much closer to winning, and this season has been a disaster. Lots of key players are out of contract at the end of the season - is it time for a new manager who can start with a clean slate, or is continuity more likely to bring success? I’ve become more likely to accept the latter recently. The players seem to enjoy playing under him which can’t be ignored.

The best Recruiter we had was Marcella with Terry Butchers name at the time carrying a lot of weight.

As for Dodds I've made my opinion known for months, as have others.

As for the players enjoying playing for him that's a new take or is it that you are close to the club?

The Ridgers situation and Oakley wouldn't suggest his management skills were up to snuff along with his tactics.

On the injury excuse every club above us has had injury crises.

For me it has to be a clean sweep at the end of the season if we are to progress, otherwise many season tickets may be voided and we all know what the result of that would be. 

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

@RandomGuy., could you do the honours?

ICT weren't ahead at single point over 180 minutes and lost the tie 6-2 on aggregate, but aye, they were close to winning.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Aye, I hate that and a lot of people seem to use it. At no point during that playoff final we were any minutes away from being promoted.

I've been thinking about this as well lately and it's starting to do my head in.  Nearly winning isn't good enough.  He made a mess of the first leg (the first half especially) and got bailed out largely by two brilliant goals by McAlear.  You can use this nearly argument over and over again.  We were 45 minutes away from winning plenty of matches in the league last season and we got beat which would've made us go up automatically.  

Constantly harking at nearlys doesn't cut.  Dodds' job was to land the plane - unfortunately he crashed quite near the runway. 

Edited by Highland Capital

2 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’m not speaking of last nights arguments specifically but there’s a small group of human Velcro shoes on twitter who appear to be obsessed with constantly berating the club and it’s embarrassing. Some have valid points and put them across sensibly, the remainder to me at least seem more concerned with getting a few likes from their mates than saying anything valid.

This doesn't happen when the club as a whole are doing well.

Concert disasters resulting in monies owed and a bad press plus a terrible season spawns discontentment.

22 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've been thinking about this as well lately and it's starting to do my head in.  Nearly winning isn't good enough.  He made a mess of the first leg (the first half especially) and got bailed out largely by two brilliant goals by McAlear.  You can use this nearly argument over and over again.  We were 45 minutes away from winning plenty of matches in the league last season and we got beat which would've made us go up automatically.  

Constantly harking at nearlys doesn't cut.  Dodds' job was to land the plane - unfortunately he crashed quite near the runway. 

We should have been challenging for the title last year too and we were nowhere near it. It looked, for a while, that we wouldn’t even get into the playoffs. The performances in the league over both of his seasons in charge have been nowhere near good enough.

Finishing second could have made a massive difference, though I think the biggest error was the tactics for the first 45 in the first leg. That was unforgivable for me.

We do seem to be a good “cup team” I’ll call it. The playoff wins against Partick and Arbroath and the two wins against Livi and Killie this year have covered up some serious issues with the job Dodds has done in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We should have been challenging for the title last year too and we were nowhere near it. It looked, for a while, that we wouldn’t even get into the playoffs. The performances in the league over both of his seasons in charge have been nowhere near good enough.

Finishing second could have made a massive difference, though I think the biggest error was the tactics for the first 45 in the first leg. That was unforgivable for me.

We do seem to be a good “cup team” I’ll call it. The playoff wins against Partick and Arbroath and the two wins against Livi and Killie this year have covered up some serious issues with the job Dodds has done in my opinion.

The "won't someone pleeease think of the injuries" types are missing the point while sobbing into their hankerchiefs as well.  Injuries were bad but how often were we playing teams of kids?  Sometimes the best times to judge a manager is when the times are tough and yet it didn't seem to change anything - Dodds lined up the exact same way with the exact same tactics.  That's just naivety.  He never changed the set-up given to utilise who was available, he never made us difficult to beat given the depleted numbers.

We can blame injuries all we like - a better manager would've weathered the storm.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This doesn't happen when the club as a whole are doing well.

Concert disasters resulting in monies owed and a bad press plus a terrible season spawns discontentment.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

This group however don’t make their feelings known and move on. They reply with the same drivel multiple times per day to every single tweet and it’s embarrassing. Voice their opinions on the full time tweets or managerial interviews, but children’s coaching classes etc? get a grip

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The "won't someone pleeease think of the injuries" types are missing the point while sobbing into their hankerchiefs as well.  Injuries were bad but how often were we playing teams of kids?  Sometimes the best times to judge a manager is when the times are tough and yet it didn't seem to change anything - Dodds lined up the exact same way with the exact same tactics.  That's just naivety.  He never changed the set-up given to utilise who was available, he never made us difficult to beat given the depleted numbers.

We can blame injuries all we like - a better manager would've weathered the storm.

Yeap, I think I’m right in saying that at no point did we have to start any of the kids in games. We always had a starting 11 of “first team” players. I think you can accept a bit of a drop off in quality but to go on the run we went on? I’m not having that as just injuries, it has to come down to the manager and maybe to some extent the recruitment as they players brought in weren’t good enough. Which I would still place some blame on the manager for.

Its not like this horrendous run is a one off, it happened exactly the same last season so again that goes down as a managerial problem rather than an injury problem.

I have a horrible feeling a Scottish Cup final appearance will give him a new contract. I wouldn’t be giving him a new deal even if we won the thing. I’ve not seen anything in his time in charge to convince me that he is the man to get us promoted.

52 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The "won't someone pleeease think of the injuries" types are missing the point while sobbing into their hankerchiefs as well.  

Is there any need for a pointed comment like that? Nobody insulted you. Regardless, it’s nice to hear from you as usual after a defeat, you've been relatively quiet the last couple of weeks.

Something I find unusual is whenever we get a decent result you’re completely silent. The minute we get a bad result you pop up shooting your mouth off with the usual negativity. A monumental Boo Boy. We all know he’s no Alex Ferguson so give it a rest.

I’m concerned you enjoy losing so you can come on this, posts your anti Dodds stuff, get your upvote and agreements from Bdu or Sandy and scuttle away again until the next defeat. Repeat.

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

Thanks for stating the obvious.

This group however don’t make their feelings known and move on. They reply with the same drivel multiple times per day to every single tweet and it’s embarrassing. Voice their opinions on the full time tweets or managerial interviews, but children’s coaching classes etc? get a grip

37 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Something I find unusual is whenever we get a decent result you’re completely silent. The minute we get a bad result you pop up shooting your mouth off with the usual negativity. A monumental Boo Boy. We all know he’s no Alex Ferguson so give it a rest.

I’m concerned you enjoy losing so you can come on this, posts your anti Dodds stuff, get your upvote and agreements from Bdu or Sandy and scuttle away again until the next defeat. Repeat.

"The minute we get a bad result"? you post this as if a bad result was a one off, it's been a season of bad results we don't get that many "good results", three home wins in the season confirms that.

Yesterdays defeat was not the start, the criticism has been constant way before you joined the forum a couple of months ago, and where have you been as this forum and CTO have been going for years and if your such a fan I would have thought we would have seen you on here.

You seem to have an agenda in defending Dodds ever since you joined this forum a couple of months ago, why? and that seems to be your main reason for appearing on here, it seems as if you are close to the man.

I and others have been consistent in our condemnation and you just have to trawl through this forum and CTO to see the criticism by many over the months.

He's had two seasons in which he has failed, you can argue otherwise all you want but that is fact.  

37 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

"The minute we get a bad result"? you post this as if a bad result was a one off, it's been a season of bad results we don't get that many "good results", three home wins in the season confirms that.

Yesterdays defeat was not the start, the criticism has been constant way before you joined the forum a couple of months ago, and where have you been as this forum and CTO have been going for years and if your such a fan I would have thought we would have seen you on here.

You seem to have an agenda in defending Dodds ever since you joined this forum a couple of months ago, why? and that seems to be your main reason for appearing on here, it seems as if you are close to the man.

I and others have been consistent in our condemnation and you just have to trawl through this forum and CTO to see the criticism by many over the months.

He's had two seasons in which he has failed, you can argue otherwise all you want but that is fact.  

I haven’t argued either way. I only commented on a small and rather embarrassing group of people who are obsessed with replying to every single club tweet and the way in which Highland Capital conducts himself on this.

I admire you for defending him Sandy, but, considering he’d said nothing back having read my post it seems he knows it’s a losing battle and I have indeed hit the nail on the head. 

Edited by NorthStand10

15 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

If you don't like what I say and the apparently horrendous way I apparently behave on here then stick me on your ignore list...or just ignore me like I did with the PMs you sent me.

I didn’t say the word horrendous 👍

I am open to debate, it’s just a shame you don’t appear to be. It did make me chuckle when you patched the message a while back, it reaffirmed the fact you only want to hear from those you agree with.

Edited by NorthStand10

No-one said horrendous but you are clearly triggered.  Debate is voluntary - no-one is owed a reply even when they PM someone demanding to know why they were given a red dot - in-fact it makes a reply less likely as that was...a bit weird.

Edited by Highland Capital

5 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

No-one said horrendous but you are clearly triggered.  Debate is voluntary - no-one is owed a reply even when they PM someone demanding to know why they were given a red dot - in-fact it makes a reply less like as that was...a bit weird.

No unfortunately for you I’m not triggered, don’t forget it’s you who decided to have a pop at folk for absolutely no reason - what caused that little outburst?

Debate is of course voluntary, but you seem keen to avoid debate on this which is……a bit weird.

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

He's or she or they/them has been busy with the private messaging then it seems. Odd behaviour

Wasn’t that when you posted about major dressing room unrest but you couldn’t divulge because it was a secret?? bdu exclusive!