"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

51 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

:lol:

Dumbdee, Scotlands famous YO YO club last won the Scottish Cup 113 years ago.

That's a long long time. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And they still haven't replaced the planks they had fitted back then with seats.

Edited by SandyCromarty

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dumbdee, Scotlands famous YO YO club last won the Scottish Cup 113 years ago.

That's a long long time. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's a helluva long time, Sandy. Here's hoping your club see out the next few years and get to see that age.

You won’t get anywhere near £600k in ticket money. You have to take off all match costs/policing etc from that total. The SFA will probably take 20% or so as well.

We will probably get about £200k plus whatever prize money we get for whenever we get knocked out. Still not to be sniffed at but it’s at best going to cover 1 years worth of losses.

EDIT - pretty sure we still lost £800k when we played Hearts in the semi finals a few years ago.

Edited by PB1994

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You won’t get anywhere near £600k in ticket money. You have to take off all match costs/policing etc from that total. The SFA will probably take 20% or so as well.

We will probably get about £200k plus whatever prize money we get for whenever we get knocked out. Still not to be sniffed at but it’s at best going to cover 1 years worth of losses.

EDIT - pretty sure we still lost £800k when we played Hearts in the semi finals a few years ago.

Just as well that's not what I suggested but just to be kind, let's take your ballpark ticket figure of £200k and add on £177k and we have a base sum that's a pretty good starting point for our windfall.

There's also the intangible but significant positives associated with winding up the 1910ers. 

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No sacking Doddsy or Gardiner now after this tremendous Scottish cup run.

Fucking brilliant.

Thank you.

Sadly.

Both still fanny's and wrecking this club.

Championship 2023/24.....BUZZING i am 

14 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's a helluva long time, Sandy. Here's hoping your club see out the next few years and get to see that age.

Even at that age I very much doubt the Famous Caley will spend time bouncing between leagues.

And by that time it will be well over 200 years since Dumbdee won the Scottish Cup, thats if your still around and not become part of Dundee United.

You forgot to mention the seating planks.

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No sacking Doddsy or Gardiner now after this tremendous Scottish cup run.

Fucking brilliant.

Thank you.

I haven't changed my mind one bit over Dodds and I'm sure there are others who think the same.

One swallow doth not a summer make.

Merci a vous et Bonne Journee

27 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Will you just continue the steady decline you're on do you reckon?

Oh Dear me, this from a fan of Dundee who have been in administration twice and even had to sell their ground at one point to cover debt.

Talk about people in glass houses.

On 12/03/2023 at 18:32, PB1994 said:

I believe the rumour at the time was the previous chairman was personally paying players wages and recouped some money prior to leaving his position which could explain that years loss remaining consistent.

16 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I believe the rumour at the time was the previous chairman was personally paying players wages and recouped some money prior to leaving his position which could explain that years loss remaining consistent.

Weren't Tremarco et al still on contracts commensurate with top league status?

now we are going back to Hampden again, can't help think this flag that appears for sale at times would look good set up over some inevitable empty seats.

Can the supporters club not offer to buy it, or even set up a page.......if folks just put in a couple of quid then it could get back into fan ownership? We've heard more than that is raised for a roof that's not really required in a section of the stadium that in all honesty doesn't need used.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Lewis Hyde shite?

Without being harsh, yes he is. Got regular minutes in the first team earlier in the season due to all the injuries but hasn’t really had a look in since Allardice came back and we’ve looked miles better for having Allardice in the middle.

10 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Without being harsh, yes he is. Got regular minutes in the first team earlier in the season due to all the injuries but hasn’t really had a look in since Allardice came back and we’ve looked miles better for having Allardice in the middle.

A little harsh. He's had his moments. I think he can raise his game when we're playing well. When he has played there's been no leaders on the park. And the everyone else's passing was awful. Which had to effect him. Never want to see him playing RB again though. 😂

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Lewis Hyde shite?

He's not shite, I just don't think he's up to the required standard.  He's very much a player you'd expect to sign for Elgin in the next year or so.