"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

16 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

“Only 5 of todays 11 started against Partick, so not a majority. The difference is we had a far larger squad today, but more importantly, substantially more quality”

Sandy please don’t embarrass yourself by trying to argue yesterday’s starting 11 wasn’t stronger than against PT

I suspect you have a more involved attachment with the club as I see you joined this forum in January when the anti Dodds posts were at their height, since then you have been strongly in the pro Dodds camp and have directed posts to those who have been rightly critical.

Eight of the players on Saturday also played in the Pertick game, that aside, at the game on Saturday we saw a whole different team and it was absolutely nothing to do with squad availability or quality, after weeks and game after game we have watched a team, including players who played against Livi, who obviously were not fully committed, yet on Sat everyone of them gave it all for 90 minutes, one player in particular who has given me the impression in games of a guy who didn't want to be with us and just filled out the 90 played out of his skin and was fantastic.

Now it could be argued that it was cup a game and they were in the shop window but for me they turned my doubts around by showing how they could play and win as a team, it was a memorable performance by the them and only them.

Now I gather by your posts you and Sophia have only have seen the highlights and weren't at the game, if you had been you would know where I'm coming from.

And to satisfy you and your buddy Sophia I haven't changed my mind on Dodds one bit, he's out of his depth.

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I suspect you have a more involved attachment with the club as I see you joined this forum in January when the anti Dodds posts were at their height, since then you have been strongly in the pro Dodds camp and have directed posts to those who have been rightly critical.

Eight of the players on Saturday also played in the Pertick game, that aside, at the game on Saturday we saw a whole different team and it was absolutely nothing to do with squad availability or quality, after weeks and game after game we have watched a team, including players who played against Livi, who obviously were not fully committed, yet on Sat everyone of them gave it all for 90 minutes, one player in particular who has given me the impression in games of a guy who didn't want to be with us and just filled out the 90 played out of his skin and was fantastic.

Now it could be argued that it was cup a game and they were in the shop window but for me they turned my doubts around by showing how they could play and win as a team, it was a memorable performance by the them and only them.

Now I gather by your posts you and Sophia have only have seen the highlights and weren't at the game, if you had been you would know where I'm coming from.

And to satisfy you and your buddy Sophia I haven't changed my mind on Dodds one bit, he's out of his depth.

What do you mean have directed posts?

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Eight of the players on Saturday also played in the Pertick game, that aside, at the game on Saturday we saw a whole different team and it was absolutely nothing to do with squad availability or quality,

That's just not true Sandy and you know it.

Half of our defence in Firhill had names that were either Barrett or Ram and that, without being too unkind, speaks of availability and quality. 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sandy you can read all my posts and you’ll see they haven’t been pro Dodds and it’s ridiculous to suggest so.

I have so far complained about the lack of transparency regarding injuries, complained about the play style, the reluctance to change formation and finally stated Billy Dodds has limitations as a manager.

At no point have I said he’s a good manager. Do I believe the primary reason for the bad run there was injuries? yes, but that’s not necessarily pro Dodds.

I tend to use facts in my arguments, you tend to use baseless conspiracies for example players not giving 100% (who was that?) and claiming players are on strike?? 

Yours sincerely Dilly Bodds

Edited by NorthStand10

11 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Genuine question: what are you expecting us to achieve in the league this season?

That would depend very much upon the run of games up to the quarter final.

Hamilton home and away, followed by Dundee and Ayr away are fixtures that could springboard our season.

With Deas raring to go and MacGregor's return almost as imminent, things are suddenly looking up for us.

2 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Rather focus on the league than the cup to be honest.

TBH, if the turn of form was before xmas and it was realistic to still win the title, I'd agree. However, we are probably only fighting for play-off places which based on last year we've seen that over 2 games there is a gap to the Premiership and its unlikely we would get promoted. After the miserable run or results and performances for most of the season we (the fans) deserve something to look forward to and Killie is a winnable path to Hampden - which is always a good day out regardless what happens.

Getting back into the top flight and, somehow, getting established, would be my priority even over a Scottish Cup win if it was to somehow happen again. We need long term sustainability at the club and we won't get that with another five years in the Championship. 

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Getting back into the top flight and, somehow, getting established, would be my priority even over a Scottish Cup win if it was to somehow happen again. We need long term sustainability at the club and we won't get that with another five years in the Championship. 

Have to agree with this, the longer we’re down the harder it is to go back up imo. I couldn’t find any recent figures but from 2019, the team finishing 12th in the Premiership gets almost double what the winner of the Championship gets. 

Look at Falkirk, they were an established Championship side for years. Couple of bad managerial choices and they’ve been in league one for 4/5 years now. It would be foolish to think that we couldn’t go the same way