"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

13 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

any transfer rumours for us yet?

Any rumours would be among us fans as we get nothing from the club.

Free loading journos have more access than us mugs, as the people who pay we are, as far as the club is concerned, not entitled to any interaction.

Some of the suggestions for our next manager on CTO are frankly embarrassing.  Gary Warren, Carl Tremarco, Ross Tokely, Ryan Esson, Stuart Golabek - one poster even ponders Josh Meekings!  Do some of our fans realise that the next manager can be someone other than an ex-player?  This club badly needs a clear-out of the same old faces, not just another jobs-for-the-boys appointment.  The 'he has links with the club' adage as if that's some type of silver bullet is often one parroted by morons.

Next time the club appoints a manager it needs to be someone new, with new ideas, new contacts and hopefully a new perspective.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Next time the club appoints a manager it needs to be someone new, with new ideas, new contacts and hopefully a new perspective.

Some of the names folks come up with are horrifically shocking but fortunately most are financially nonviable.

I agree this idea its insane that throughout football anywhere ex-players or staff need to return to their club as a manager because they 'understand the culture' it should be about new/fresh ideas and best people to move forwards (not providing the same rhetoric in a new era). While a drastic change (focusing on the coaching side and ignoring the wider boardroom concerns) would be welcomed I feel, its whether the club would ever sanction such a change to clean sweep across the decks - unfortunately we are not a EPL club with budget to do so.

As long as we have the current board in place then its likely we will see appointments akin to the Dundee/Hearts/Rangers connections - Robbo/McCann/Dodds as proof. Fingers crossed we can avoid a 'Bomber' Brown / Barry Smith double act if change was to come. So not sure that any change would be considered a new perspective.

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Some of the names folks come up with are horrifically shocking but fortunately most are financially nonviable.

I agree this idea its insane that throughout football anywhere ex-players or staff need to return to their club as a manager because they 'understand the culture' it should be about new/fresh ideas and best people to move forwards (not providing the same rhetoric in a new era). While a drastic change (focusing on the coaching side and ignoring the wider boardroom concerns) would be welcomed I feel, its whether the club would ever sanction such a change to clean sweep across the decks - unfortunately we are not a EPL club with budget to do so.

As long as we have the current board in place then its likely we will see appointments akin to the Dundee/Hearts/Rangers connections - Robbo/McCann/Dodds as proof. Fingers crossed we can avoid a 'Bomber' Brown / Barry Smith double act if change was to come. So not sure that any change would be considered a new perspective.

I have absolutely no doubt, given the blue connection, that Barry Ferguson will be near the top of the list, if not top.

Scottish clubs are littered with failed managers getting on and off the merry go round.

Hartley with one win in eleven at Hartlepool is a prime example.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

As long as we have the current board in place then its likely we will see appointments akin to the Dundee/Hearts/Rangers connections - Robbo/McCann/Dodds as proof.Fingers crossed we can avoid a 'Bomber' Brown / Barry Smith double act if change was to come. So not sure that any change would be considered a new perspective.

I've been thinking about this for a while and it's one of the reasons I wouldn't look upon the appointment of a new manager with the excitement I normally would.  It's highly unlikely that Gardiner, Roberson et al would make some sort of progressive, modern appointment.  Instead I can quite conceivably imagine waking up one morning and find that we've appointed Gary Locke, Barry Ferguson or some equally uninspiring jobber.  

26 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I've been thinking about this for a while and it's one of the reasons I wouldn't look upon the appointment of a new manager with the excitement I normally would.  It's highly unlikely that Gardiner, Roberson et al would make some sort of progressive, modern appointment.  Instead I can quite conceivably imagine waking up one morning and find that we've appointed Gary Locke, Barry Ferguson or some equally uninspiring jobber.  

have you got anyone in mind that you’d like to share?

Someone who knows about this stuff told me that Dodds had a few games left a few games ago - that turned out not to be accurate as we didn't do well at all in those games and have since had some even worse results.

Unless we lose five games in a row 5-0 or something like that I think that Dodds is here until the end of the year.  If he did get sacked mid-season we'd probably just appoint Robbo to replace him for the rest of the year.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Any rumours would be among us fans as we get nothing from the club.

Free loading journos have more access than us mugs, as the people who pay we are, as far as the club is concerned, not entitled to any interaction.

You're a fan?

You don't go to games and spend your time on here festering in a pool of your discharged invective.

Just what is your investment in the club and how should that be honoured?

Gardiner explained on the podcast how injuries occurred to each player individually but I don’t think there’s been much if anything in regards to when those players are returning to fitness. The club don’t appear forthcoming in providing information, could the journalists/podcast guy not ask during the pre match press conference when some players might roughly return, if at all? 

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

Gardiner explained on the podcast how injuries occurred to each player individually but I don’t think there’s been much if anything in regards to when those players are returning to fitness. The club don’t appear forthcoming in providing information, could the journalists/podcast guy not ask during the pre match press conference when some players might roughly return, if at all? 

It is not at all difficult, given published information, to take a view on potential returns to fitness.

Anything over and above that is subject to GDPR regulations and I wouldn't know why anyone would wish to subvert that.

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

It is not at all difficult, given published information, to take a view on potential returns to fitness.

Anything over and above that is subject to GDPR regulations and I wouldn't know why anyone would wish to subvert that.

You’re correct it’s not hard to take a view given published information, but will that view be correct? I suspect not with the vague information the CEO provided. He described Dan Mackay as having stepped on the ball and hurt his knee, Dan Devine as having a player fall on him, how could a supporter decide on an accurate timeframe? We likely couldn’t hence why we might hope the club inform us. I don’t think many of us are expecting to be given their return to fitness right down to the minute, but it’s not inappropriate to wonder is a players season over or when they might roughly return. Out of interest, given the vague information the CEO provided what view did you take on the return of let’s say, Roddy Macgregor? How about Allardice, Harper? Nathan Shaw? It’s not difficult after all.

Edited by NorthStand10

9 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

You’re correct it’s not hard to take a view given published information, but will that view be correct? I suspect not with the vague information the CEO provided. He described Dan Mackay as having stepped on the ball and hurt his knee, Dan Devine as having a player fall on him, how could a supporter decide on an accurate timeframe? We likely couldn’t hence why we might hope the club inform us. I don’t think many of us are expecting to be given their return to fitness right down to the minute, but it’s not inappropriate to wonder is a players season over or when they might roughly return. Out of interest, given the vague information the CEO provided what view did you take on the return of let’s say, Roddy Macgregor? How about Allardice, Harper? Nathan Shaw? It’s not difficult after all.

It really is quite simple.

You have no right to access specific medical information pertaining to members of the public.

10 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Out of interest, given the vague information the CEO provided what view did you take on the return of let’s say, Roddy Macgregor? How about Allardice, Harper? Nathan Shaw? It’s not difficult after all.

45 minutes ago, sophia said:

You have no right to access specific medical information pertaining to members of the public.

Yet again posting shite and avoiding answers to a direct question. Are you really SG?

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

That is absolute made up bollocks which may apply to Grocery shops etc etc etc.

Show me the legality where that is the case with football clubs.

But fans who have a financial and lifelong interest in football clubs have every right to know the extent of player injuries which would affect team performance.

Major teams with with big money at stake produce injury tables. Have a look at one.

The tables show the injury, the type of treatment, when the player is expected to return to training and when the player is expected to return to full fitness.

Edited by SandyCromarty

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Yet again posting shite and avoiding answers to a direct question. Are you really SG?

The GDPR he refers to, General Data Protection Regulation, is defined for companies to capture, manage and store  information of EU citizens, or maybe he will return with ISMS???

He should be telling the likes of Arsenal etc that by publishing injury tables they are contravening European Union law.

Edited by SandyCromarty

48 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That is absolute made up bollocks which may apply to Grocery shops etc etc etc.

Show me the legality where that is the case with football clubs.

But fans who have a financial and lifelong interest in football clubs have every right to know the extent of player injuries which would affect team performance.

Major teams with with big money at stake produce injury tables. Have a look at one.

The tables show the injury, the type of treatment, when the player is expected to return to training and when the player is expected to return to full fitness.

No, no they don't, not even those that actually go to games have the right to access of specific medical conditions without consent.

If you work on a grocery shop your employer has no right to share your personal information and the same applies to other trades.

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

No, no they don't, not even those that actually go to games have the right to access of specific medical conditions without consent.

If you work on a grocery shop your employer has no right to share your personal information and the same applies to other trades.

So if Billy Mckay appears to injure his knee today for example and goes to the hospital for a scan are you saying he shouldn’t tell the club (his employer) what specific injury he has suffered? 

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

So if Billy Mckay appears to injure his knee today for example and goes to the hospital for a scan are you saying he shouldn’t tell the club (his employer) what specific injury he has suffered? 

No and I couldn't begin to understand why you have sprung to that absurdity