"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Also, yes Scot Gardiner could be at fault too but I like the guy, though his lack of interaction with us fans is beyond worrying now, we need to hear from this guy as to where we are heading. 

There's a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle dropping this lunchtime - it's a 90-minute Q&A with Scot Gardiner, speaking to three of us from the pod, Jen from the Supporters' Trust and Dan from Section 94. He talks (at fairly considerable length) about some of the stuff you've mentioned.

23 hours ago, alsy said:

There's a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle dropping this lunchtime - it's a 90-minute Q&A with Scot Gardiner, speaking to three of us from the pod, Jen from the Supporters' Trust and Dan from Section 94. He talks (at fairly considerable length) about some of the stuff you've mentioned.

Enjoyed listening to that, even if Gardiner comes across as liking his own voice a bit much. That being said there’s many clubs where the CEO wouldn’t do something like this so I can’t be too critical of him. 

Has Gardiner done an interview on the podcast yet that isn’t predominantly him making excuses and blaming other people? The stuff about the energy storage facility was interesting but I found much of the rest of it quite a depressing listen. 

22 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I seen a rumour on twitter that our “injured” striker who was on the bench at Greenock is refusing to play. Is that who you’re referring to? 

It was also mentioned on Twitter that Ridgers was also refusing to play but that was/is complete nonsense. He’s been dropped by Dodds.

When the various rumors and factors are assessed, there are no surprises questions are being asked whether the dressing room is lost or we have a squad divided.

Injury crisis ongoing, yet the manager 'drops' our almost ever present, stable and solid goalkeeper to throw in someone with much less experience to work with alternating & make-shift defensive line-ups. Suggestions of players refusing to play, then others seem to be reluctant to return from injury.

While the board will always support Dodds for the reasons we know, the picture painted suggests there being big divisions opening up throughout the squad.

11 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

When the various rumors and factors are assessed, there are no surprises questions are being asked whether the dressing room is lost or we have a squad divided.

Injury crisis ongoing, yet the manager 'drops' our almost ever present, stable and solid goalkeeper to throw in someone with much less experience to work with alternating & make-shift defensive line-ups. Suggestions of players refusing to play, then others seem to be reluctant to return from injury.

While the board will always support Dodds for the reasons we know, the picture painted suggests there being big divisions opening up throughout the squad.

I've no idea if the strike rumour is true but the fact the club seem to keep absolutely everything secret doesn't help matters.  The way Gardiner ducked the question about Ridgers and attacked a fan asking about squad harmony was absolutely pathetic.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I've no idea if the strike rumour is true but the fact the club seem to keep absolutely everything secret doesn't help matters.  The way Gardiner ducked the question about Ridgers and attacked a fan asking about squad harmony was absolutely pathetic.

The strike story is purely speculative and probably driven by some fans frustration at the under performing of the team on the park.

Where I do agree with you is the secrecy regarding news of injuries, it would seem the club prefers to ignore the fans in every way yet will bleat on to a freeloading print media journo thinking they've done enough. Why the f**k should I have to buy a newspaper to find out whats happening within the club when an informative daily news section on their website would be more fan inclusive.

Well it is clearly not enough, you only have to see the difference in RC's behaviour towards their fans in contrast in how we are treated. And then there are clubs which have spreadsheet type injury lists.

What the club fails to understand is that fans, paying the money, can make a difference, sparse stadiums don't pay wages.

I'm boycotting the Stirling Albion game as I just can't be arsed freezing my nuts off watching shite.

Good podcast as always from the lads (and lass in this case). 

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? Between that, other fundraising and maybe some sponsorship surely the (if I heard right) £20k could be reached. 

Sad indictment that we 'don't have the staff' to run a kids Christmas party FFS. 

Also PVG checks usually come back in a couple of weeks so unsure why that's held back Lionel Nessie for months. 

Sounds like dispite Keith Haggart moving to Brechin City he's still working for us too which is odd (he's still a contact on the website).

As has been mentioned many of the issues raised could be avoided if fans weren't on a need to know basis. 

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Good podcast as always from the lads (and lass in this case). 

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? Between that, other fundraising and maybe some sponsorship surely the (if I heard right) £20k could be reached. 

Sad indictment that we 'don't have the staff' to run a kids Christmas party FFS. 

Also PVG checks usually come back in a couple of weeks so unsure why that's held back Lionel Nessie for months. 

Sounds like dispite Keith Haggart moving to Brechin City he's still working for us too which is odd (he's still a contact on the website).

As has been mentioned many of the issues raised could be avoided if fans weren't on a need to know basis. 

You don't need "staff" to run a kids party fgs, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers willing to help out!! This club doesn't fail to piss us fans off with the crap they come out with, which isn't a lot seeing as they don't interact with us 😡!

As for shooting down the fan asking about squad harmony, it's a question we're entitled to hear a straight answer for but tbh it's clear that there IS unrest that needs sorted out otherwise a)players will leave or b)the manager will inevitably be sacked and tbh that is getting closer with every poor result and could even be this coming Monday if, as I fear, Stirling shock us. If they did then Dudds' position becomes untenable.

This player/manager issue seems exactly the same as the Finn Russell/Gregor Townsend debacle which is now close to being resolved, though GT is likely to leave this time next year.

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

a)players will leave or b)the manager will inevitably be sacked

a) Yes when contracts expire players may choose to leave, what will be more telling is ability to recruit. Not just the financial & logistical challenges but also nobody wants to join a toxic working environment

b) I'm not sure why so many of our fans fail to understand this wont happen. While the results and perhaps even other factors such as direction & style of play are contributing factors, yes it might be nice to change the structure, however BD will NOT get sacked. He was hand picked by Gardiner therefore unless BD leaves or contract expires then he is here for the duration - he will not be headhunted that's for sure!!! The only factor that would drive this to change is if there was huge fan unrest to the point SG felt his position was at risk and acted in self-preservation.

7 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

You don't need "staff" to run a kids party fgs, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers willing to help out!! This club doesn't fail to piss us fans off with the crap they come out with, which isn't a lot seeing as they don't interact with us 😡!

What??

You absolutely do need staff to run a kids party. You can’t just shove a bunch of kids in a room and leave them to it unsupervised. You also can’t just let any old adult turn up and offer their services to look after them. Every adult needs to go through checks before looking after children and quite fucking rightly so.

On 20/11/2022 at 18:03, scamp1909 said:

He's said recently he'd take most job offers as long as the vision/plan was right.

If Caley contacted him I reckon he takes it.

I'm not sure it's his availability that's the stumbling block for your fellow fans.

22 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Enjoyed listening to that, even if Gardiner comes across as liking his own voice a bit much. That being said there’s many clubs where the CEO wouldn’t do something like this so I can’t be too critical of him. 

The original recording pre-edit was around three hours... 😏 

11 hours ago, Fraz said:

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? 

Yeah, I thought the battery farm stuff sounded really positive - especially where he implied without actually stating it that it should generate enough to see an increase in the playing budget - but you're probably right that it's going to take quite a while for us to see the income from that. We should really have asked him to put some sort of timescale on it, an oversight on our part. Re. the west stand roof, there is a meeting of a working group about that next week, so hopefully that's the start of getting the crowdfunding up and running.    

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Anyone helping out at a kids' party these days would have to have PVG clearance even if they're volunteers. Yesterday I was arranging for someone to come in and talk to a group of eight 17-year-old Media students, and I had to be able to guarantee that an adult with PVG clearance would be in the room with him for every second of the visit as he doesn't have  a PVG certificate. It makes organising events far more difficult than it once was but it's necessary, sadly.

I know that lol, it isn't hard to complete a PVG fgs and doesn't take that long to complete so an early announcement of when the party would be would mean that all volunteers could get their PVG back in time for the event!

Some people on here think I'm stupid or really want to start arguments to see how far they can push me ffs well I'll tell you this, I am usually a polite person but the longer I get attacked on here the nastier I'll get 😡!

20 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Some people on here think I'm stupid or really want to start arguments to see how far they can push me ffs well I'll tell you this, I am usually a polite person but the longer I get attacked on here the nastier I'll get 😡!

What makes you think that?

On 23/11/2022 at 12:29, alsy said:

I tuned into that today and I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks to all of those whose hard work, commitment and passion made it happen.

I had to chuckle at the very coherence of Scot's take on matters as I juxtaposed his views with the lurid claims made on here and elsewhere.

Where I fundamentally disagreed with him is when he says he gets pee'd off by negative posts from interminably negative posters. All my instincts point me to eschew the negative energy that flows from those that ignore every opportunity for positivity.