"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Forgot to mention this before but the Section 94 representative on the last podcast said he was 'happy' with the summer window.  Based on what?  Steven Boyd - not good enough.  Max Ram - not good enough.  George Oakley - not good enough.  Nathan Shaw - a bit better lately but largely not good enough.  Daniel MacKay - a good signing.  Zak Delaney - a good signing but injured.

I'm not quite sure how you can happy with that return.

Edited by Highland Capital

Will Inverness CT be bailing out the small businesses that have been left in the lurch by the collapse of their daft *not at all related, honest* events company?

Or will Scot Gardiner take the route favoured by his beloved Ibrox club and walk away from all moral obligations? 

They are individual trading companies although sharing an address and directors therefore the club has no financial liability, however morally you are right it looks absolutely shite and a fucking disgraceful way to treat other business in the local economy.

I'd be pretty confident that before it went to the wall, the flow of expenses outwards ripped the piss as a tax free means to line the pockets of some.

The cynical me, think this was never about bolstering club finances otherwise it would have been a club venture. Instead its a wee side project using club facilities to make a bit of cash - some (undisclosed) percentage or amount might have been invested back into the club to ligitimise but nobody ever came forward with transparency as to what that would be even from outset. Dodgy, murky and for me highlights the nature of those in charge.

I wonder if the concerts had been a massive success if certain individuals would be shouting "It's nothing to do with the club!" at every opportunity in the manner that they are...  Everyone at the club involved with this venture who used the club's name and facilities in this debacle but besmirched it in it's failure should resign - no exceptions.

Agreed and how many fans would be patting them on the back for success if they threw a few pennies (very publicly) back into the club accounts while walking away with heaving pockets of pounds themselves.........all while banding about it being an ICT venture? Our fans are some of the most blinded around.

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

That's the ICT Concert Company in liquidation.

This is an absolute disgrace and only serves to make the club hugely unpopular within the city's business community, in turn this will see a reduction in advertising and hospitality necessary revenue.

With a foreseeable downturn in ST sales in the present financial climate and aforementioned possible financial loss there is no light at the end of the tunnel either on or off the pitch.

Something seriously has to be done to slow or stop the slide.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is an absolute disgrace and only serves to make the club hugely unpopular within the city's business community, in turn this will see a reduction in advertising and hospitality necessary revenue.

We weren’t exactly the most popular club to start with so it has been an absolute disaster.

They can play it’s nothing to do with the club line all they want but why would any of these suppliers, or others, want to go into business with the club knowing it’s the same directors etc who haven’t been able to pay them.

Edited by PB1994

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

With a foreseeable downturn in ST sales in the present financial climate and aforementioned possible financial loss there is no light at the end of the tunnel either on or off the pitch.

Something seriously has to be done to slow or stop the slide.

I'm awaiting our resident expert on the club to appear and explain why all these highly probable outcomes are indeed false and that we (a collective of fans posting online) are the minority believing this and that overall those associated with the club do not consider it the f**k up we all perceive. #anticipationofbullshit

41 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm awaiting our resident expert on the club to appear and explain why all these highly probable outcomes are indeed false and that we (a collective of fans posting online) are the minority believing this and that overall those associated with the club do not consider it the f**k up we all perceive. #anticipationofbullshit

And it will be littered with allegorical pretentiousness defending the indefensible.

I see the club chairman is (was!) on the board of the ICT Concert company which apparently had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the club.  When he was interviewed on the podcast a couple of years back he laughed more than once about being "an amateur."  Turns out he wasn't joking.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Will Inverness CT be bailing out the small businesses that have been left in the lurch by the collapse of their daft *not at all related, honest* events company?

Or will Scot Gardiner take the route favoured by his beloved Ibrox club and walk away from all moral obligations? 

Oh my word, this is a nadir even for someone who might not be an expert in company law.

Those that may be better informed will most likely be aware that directors have a duty to act within powers and to promote the success of the company.

The success of the company is associated with league positioning and anyone, I mean anyone, that suggests that sparse resources, instead of being used for player and club investment, should be gifted to other businesses who accepted the risk they were presented with, is not to be at all taken seriously.

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Of course they're false, everything else that is forecasted by him seems to be.

You're not even a minority, I can count the number of complainers on the digits on one hand and I'm not even from Fife.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

And it will be littered with allegorical pretentiousness defending the indefensible.

Are you flirting with me?

49 minutes ago, sophia said:

Oh my word, this is a nadir even for someone who might not be an expert in company law.

Those that may be better informed will most likely be aware that directors have a duty to act within powers and to promote the success of the company.

The success of the company is associated with league positioning and anyone, I mean anyone, that suggests that sparse resources, instead of being used for player and club investment, should be gifted to other businesses who accepted the risk they were presented with, is not to be at all taken seriously.

Of course they're false, everything else that is forecasted by him seems to be.

You're not even a minority, I can count the number of complainers on the digits on one hand and I'm not even from Fife.

Are you flirting with me?

^^^^^^

Donald Findlay says Rangers are a 'new entity' which must ...

Thank you.

On 20/12/2022 at 10:02, SandyCromarty said:

I think that a lot of players decisions will rest on whether Dodds is released or not.

I've already, like many others, made my preference known.

The CEO needs to act ASAP if he's serious about promotion because we're only going one way with Dudds and it's certainly not up! Imho he is on the brink, a couple of losses more and he could be gone (SG ain't a scrooge hence my wording) and it won't be before time! 

Cue, 2 wins that saves him a bit longer!

Isn't this why Grassa has been brought back? To try and win some favour with local businesses to get involved with the club? Good luck with that. After this concert debacle I doubt any local firms will be wanting to get involved with the club ever again. A great job all round(!)

Edited by RiG

Seriously though, this lad was the front for a takeover, and was installed as the secretary and director of the company created for that takeover, by Bassini who has been declared bankrupt twice and banned by the Football League from being involved with football clubs.

Screenshot-20221222-210104-Samsung-Inter

Panos / Bassini's Watford-related company was only dissolved in September 2022. Panos resigned as secretary and director in 2011, transferred his shares to Bassini, and moved to Nairn. Bassini sold Watford in 2012 and resigned from the company in 2014. It looks like it was liquidated in 2015 then it maybe had to be dissolved this year before Panos could become a director of The Caley (or it could just be an odd coincidence). At the point of dissolution in September 2022 it owed over £1 million to four unsecured creditors (per the June 2022 accounts). Those creditors won't receive anything. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07489618/filing-history

Why haven't the club, or any of the media outlets reporting on this, mentioned it in their statement / articles? Do they not believe it is relevant experience that should be listed alongside his medical work? Do they think fans of The Caley don't have access to Google?

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

21 minutes ago, TDog said:

If Laurence Bassini gets involved in the club it’s game over.

At least our demise would be more entertaining than under Gardiner.

https://www.ladbible.com/sport/laurence-bassini-net-worth-20220627

Edited by Stephen Malkmus