"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

32 minutes ago, sophia said:

Try harder.

Here's a clue...

"We had no injuries at the beginning of the season"

Is that correct or incorrect?

Dearie me, 3 points out of 15 at the beginning of the season with a full squad and you suggest I am making it up.

Have you had a stroke or similar?

The only injury we had in the dates mentioned was Shane Sutherland the likes of Walsh etc was in October.

The full squad struggled in July and August, stop putting up silly comments to suit your futile argument.

Dodds and his team are a disaster that don't need injuries to justify their incompetence, facts are there accept them

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me, 3 points out of 15 at the beginning of the season with a full squad and you suggest I am making it up.

Have you had a stroke or similar?

The only injury we had in the dates mentioned was Shane Sutherland the likes of Walsh etc was in October.

The full squad struggled in July and August, stop putting up silly comments to suit your futile argument.

Dodds and his team are a disaster that don't need injuries to justify their incompetence, facts are there accept them

So incorrect then 

2 hours ago, approximately dave said:

If this is true then that's some brass neck of Gardiner to go to the media over the electricity bill.

On TWS podcast gardiner had said Robbo was on a significantly reduced wage. It seems a bit much for Dodds too. But that much for Gardiner doesn't surprise me 

On 03/06/2017 at 08:35, The Mantis said:

Looking forward to visiting Dumfries most of all. Make a weekend of it, although I'm nervous already about driving into the actual city centre, probably just get a day ticket to the Metro, take in a few art galleries, riverside cafes, castles, tractor museums etc.

Hole in the Wall pub should not be missed.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I found the average Scottish Premier Managers salary is around £275,000 without bonuses, so the figure of £150,000 for Championship Managers may well be correct.

McInnes was on close to a million a year with the sheep, so you're probably not far off.

56 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

McInnes was on close to a million a year with the sheep, so you're probably not far off.

As I recall, Steve Paterson said in his book that he was on £72,000 a year when he was our manager - and that was twenty years ago.  There was a rumour when Butcher was manager that he was on £100,000 a year and that was nearly a decade ago so £150,000 for Dodds seems about right.

Edited by Highland Capital

46 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

As I recall, Steve Paterson said in his book that he was on £72,000 a year when he was our manager - and that was twenty years ago.  There was a rumour when Butcher was manager that he was on £100,000 a year and that was nearly a decade ago so £150,000 for Dodds seems about right.

A lot of money, could you do better for that kind of cash?

Probably.

37 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A lot of money, could you do better for that kind of cash?

Probably.

I think that kind of fantastic money would be beneficial in attracting top talent.

I regret the day Steve Paterson moved on and perhaps he does too.

Time moves though and there's a lot that has been available in the meantime, take for example Jim Duffy, Gerry Britton, Alan Kernahan, Barry Smith, Alex Rae, David Farrell, Jocky Scott, Gordon Chisholm, Barry Smith, John Brown, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre, James McPake, Mark McGhee and Gary Bower, there's talent out there.

10 hours ago, sophia said:

I think that kind of fantastic money would be beneficial in attracting top talent.

I regret the day Steve Paterson moved on and perhaps he does too.

Time moves though and there's a lot that has been available in the meantime, take for example Jim Duffy, Gerry Britton, Alan Kernahan, Barry Smith, Alex Rae, David Farrell, Jocky Scott, Gordon Chisholm, Barry Smith, John Brown, Paul Hartley, Neil McCann, Jim McIntyre, James McPake, Mark McGhee and Gary Bower, there's talent out there.

Never heard of him.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

As of 2021/2022 season.

Managers

Base Salary Club Contract
James McPake £275,000 Dundee FC 2022
Jim Goodwin £300,000 St Mirren FC 2024
Callum Davidson £275,000 Johnstone FC 2023
Robbie Neilson £350,000 Hearts FC 2023
David Martindale £300,000 Livingston FC 2021
Graham Alexander £300,000 Motherwell 2025
Stephen Glass £420,000 Aberdeen 2022
Malky Mackay £375,000 Ross County 2022
Tam Courts £350,000 Dundee United 2022
Ange Postecoglou £2 million Celtic 2022
Giovanni van Bronckhorst £1.2 million Rangers 2025
Shaun Maloney £500,000

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The team is broken, it's there for all to see.

There will be  a mass exodus at season end.

Probably better that I moved this to the ICT thread, if you don't mind?

Had a look at who is out of contract end of season - Deas, Devine, Cammy MacKay, Duffy, Barrett, Allardice, Hyde, Doran, Walsh, McKay, Sutherland, Samuels, Boyd and also there's Daniel MacKay returning to Hibs.

It could leave Oakley as our only striker carrying over to next season.

Who should we keep and who should leave?

43 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Probably better that I moved this to the ICT thread, if you don't mind?

Had a look at who is out of contract end of season - Deas, Devine, Cammy MacKay, Duffy, Barrett, Allardice, Hyde, Doran, Walsh, McKay, Sutherland, Samuels, Boyd and also there's Daniel MacKay returning to Hibs.

It could leave Oakley as our only striker carrying over to next season.

Keep - Deas (think we’ve maybe seen the last of him in a Caley shirt depending on severity of his leg break), Devine, Cammy Mackay, Allardice, Mckay, Samuels 

Leave - Doran 

He’s been a great servant to the club but time for him to move on I think. 

Undecided - Boyd, Hyde, Walsh, Sutherland, Duffy, Barrett 

I’m still unconvinced that Boyd is good enough for this level. Hyde could maybe get another year but wouldn’t be heartbroken if he left. Walsh and Sutherland just depends on how they return from injury, maybe let Walsh go as he seems permanently injured. Leaning towards keep for Duffy as he’s a decent back up and not seen enough of Barrett to comment. 

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

Given the way things are it may not be our decision where many of these guys end up. Another year in the Chumpionship beckons again, budgets will be inevitably get cut again. Add to that - Dodgy c***s in the boardroom, Ineptitude in the management & coaching, Players who are rebelling against what's going on - hardly a selling point to those to stay or anyone to arrive.

Deas, Devine, Cammy MacKay, Duffy, Allardice, Hyde, Sutherland, Samuels, Boyd - probably worth trying need to keep to at least challenge for play-offs in 23/24.