"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

7 hours ago, RiG said:

He scored some very nice goals for us but I think he flattered to deceive a lot of the time. Showed some nice flashes of talent but other times he was pretty quiet.

yeah thats my memory of him when he got game time for us

I think the fact most of his goals were humdingers made his standing with some fans a lot higher than it really should’ve been. Definitely some talent in there but a passenger a lot of the time. 

Chalmers played at a high energy level which you can get with younger players, at times it paid off for him.

If he is going out on loan again it would appear that Utd's coaching staff feel he isn't ready for the step up.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Chalmers played at a high energy level which you can get with younger players, at times it paid off for him.

If he is going out on loan again it would appear that Utd's coaching staff feel he isn't ready for the step up.

Sounds like Tom Walsh and Bill King 

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think the fact most of his goals were humdingers made his standing with some fans a lot higher than it really should’ve been. Definitely some talent in there but a passenger a lot of the time. 

yeah he has a very good strike on him, i have heard he may be going on loan to England

4 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Sounds like Tom Walsh and Bill King 

Yes Walsh and King were Rangers and Hearts Academy players respectively and both debuted for their first teams but then moved on, Chalmers could head the same way.

Happens a lot.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Anthony Macdonald has signed for Brechin in the highland league. For someone who’s only 21 he’s had some amount of injuries

That's a tough league for a young injury prone player.

57 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Should get the full band back together, whats Lewis Horner and Tarmo Kink upto these days? 

It would appear that Tarmo has received a knighthood at some point as it's Sir Tarmo now! 

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

In all seriousness, it's good to see Gary Warren playing the long game to put himself in contention to be our manager in a couple of years' time

As much as I love Gary Warren, I don’t ever want to go down that road again.

If Gary Warren or any other ex-player was to get the job it should be on merit and not nostalgia.  If anything I usually prefer a outsider coming in than one of the usual faces or inward appointments - the adage of "he knows the club!" isn't always the zinger some people think it is.

On 03/08/2022 at 08:26, RiG said:

He scored some very nice goals for us but I think he flattered to deceive a lot of the time. Showed some nice flashes of talent but other times he was pretty quiet.

I can't agree with pal, I'd love to have him back with us.  Obviously the goals he scored for us were a joy but I also really liked him in general, you're right he had some quiet games but I think it seems that way because we often expected him to be scoring peaches all the time.  I thought his attitude when he was with us, especially considering he was a loan player was really good.  We've certainly had some loan players over the years who think they are far too good to be at ICT.
I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

On 09/08/2022 at 12:19, Stephen Malkmus said:

Re-sign Edward Ofere for fan morale reasons @scotgardiner

Was he not a bit of a dick when it came to negotiations regarding a new contract previously?
I think someone told me that he turned down an offer, both parties decided it wasn't going to happen and then he expected the club to pay for his flight tickets to somewhere.
I could be thinking of another player or remembering a drunken pub chat wrong, so the above could be bollocks.  To be honest with my memory after more than 4 or 5 pints I'm probably confusing that chat with whatever late night pish was on ITV4 when I got in that night.
If his negotiations had a wee speccy woman wi a cardigan in the corner doing sign language then it's true.

10 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Was he not a bit of a dick when it came to negotiations regarding a new contract previously?
I think someone told me that he turned down an offer, both parties decided it wasn't going to happen and then he expected the club to pay for his flight tickets to somewhere.
I could be thinking of another player or remembering a drunken pub chat wrong, so the above could be bollocks.  To be honest with my memory after more than 4 or 5 pints I'm probably confusing that chat with whatever late night pish was on ITV4 when I got in that night.
If his negotiations had a wee speccy woman wi a cardigan in the corner doing sign language then it's true.

He was wanting a ridiculous wage to sign a new deal but I’ve no idea about the flight tickets stuff.