"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Was told this morning that Gardiner, Robertson and Dodds are each on £150k a year.  Gardiner is an absolute charlatan - every club he's been had he's had some sort of gaffe and when the going gets tough he does his usual disappearing act.  The fact some fans actually seem to like him is maddening.

39 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was told this morning that Gardiner, Robertson and Dodds are each on £150k a year.  Gardiner is an absolute charlatan - every club he's been had he's had some sort of gaffe and when the going gets tough he does his usual disappearing act.  The fact some fans actually seem to like him is maddening.

£150k each is an incredible number!

I love Robbo but not sure what he’s actually doing these days? Recruitment is in his remit as Sporting Director I believe, this seasons signings look poor even though it is early doors. He seems more interested in speaking at events for Hearts fans and publicising his book.

In relation to Gardiner, we were well warned by Hearts and Dundee fans. Let’s hope he disappears soon and we get someone with some common sense in 

John Brown's production company also organised signings for Robertson's book in famous Scottish towns such as 'Livington': https://www.thelongestforty.com/event/107/thelongestforty/Its-Not-Over-Till-The-Fat-Striker-Scores-Livington.html

If we keep hiring people who've historically been involved in Dundee FC's commercial matters we are absolutely nailed on to imminently become a financial basket case

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There was *allegedly* a period in the beginning where Gardiner was commuting between Inverness and Edinburgh and having the club pay for the hotel

That will have been true as he told me during COVID when he was working in the club shop that his wife was still staying down the road.

Fer Christs sake not more fuckin conspiracy theories I'm still struggling with Roswell, the Grassy Knoll, QAnon and Neil Armstrong on a Hollywood backlot and not the moon and now Gardner, Dodds and Brown are being thrown in the mix, thank goodness the pandemic wasn't a conspiracy, or was it??................................................................

Infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy as the comic said.

I heard that they knew all about Sean Welsh's latest injury before he signed his extension and consequently only reduced his six figure signing on fee by approximately 9.11%

I've also heard that a deal has already been done for one of our best players and he's secretly been loaned back for a season. It can't be declared officially as it is an off the books accountancy trick by the buying chairman who's name rhymes with boy, moy and toy.

6 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

That's your rugby cancelled

Ayrshire Bulls, last year's Super6 champions, are a last minute replacement opposition since Worcester Warriors have had to cancel. I've never been to Caledonian stadium before so I'm looking forward to Friday night.

Edited by come on shire

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is it too early to start panicking yet? 

No and it's certainly not to early to call for change so I'll do exactly that, its time for Billy Dudds to go because he is way out his depth!

I'd stick with Barry Wilson and Scott Kellacher though with Tommy Wright as the manager, he's experienced and tbh can't be any worse than Dudds!