"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

If we can't comfortably see off a team which has Iain Vigurs strolling around in midfield in the Year of our Lord 2022 then we should consider forfeiting our place in the competition. 

Looks like we just have to win by more goals than Arbroath beat Airdrieonians by to be seeded. Hope we come out with that in mind

Don't underestimate Raith or Airdrie, you lot should know better than this 😛.

Raith are a tough team to beat and Airdrie reached the play off final last season so are definitely capable of getting at least a draw, they'll look at Falkirk beating Hibs and use that as motivation as imho they are a better team than Falkirk. 

I'm just glad we're through so anything else will be a bonus.

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Don't underestimate Raith or Airdrie, you lot should know better than this 😛.

Raith are a tough team to beat and Airdrie reached the play off final last season so are definitely capable of getting at least a draw, they'll look at Falkirk beating Hibs and use that as motivation as imho they are a better team than Falkirk. 

I'm just glad we're through so anything else will be a bonus.

We aren’t through yet…

Observations from today - 

• Carson is A LOT better at right back than in midfield.
  • Our midfield is far far too open - we need a battling midfielder and have done for some time.
  • Samuels is not a winger and we need to stop thinking he can be one.
  • Nathan Shaw has some nice touches but he's the most one footed player we've ever had - this isn't the English seaside leagues.  Opposition players will cotton onto this instantly.
  • Harper has improved recently and Deas was superb at the back.

Also, getting searched in the way in for what was essentially a nothing match.  Is that really necessary?

Carson is horseshit in midfield. He should now be known as a right back because he was brilliant as usual there in the second half. That big lump, number 7, who came on for Cove didn’t get a dime out of him. 

Also, who the fuck is ‘STFU’ on CTO. They’re claiming the club lost a million pounds hosting Bocelli and Duran Duran 🤣

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Carson is horseshit in midfield. He should now be known as a right back because he was brilliant as usual there in the second half. That big lump, number 7, who came on for Cove didn’t get a dime out of him. 

Also, who the f**k is ‘STFU’ on CTO. They’re claiming the club lost a million pounds hosting Bocelli and Duran Duran 🤣

Rishi Sunak?

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

If we played a proper 4-3-3 (like we did in the first half in Perth) he could do a job as a box-to-box midfielder.  In a midfield two or having to play any other role and he's mince.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Also, who the f**k is ‘STFU’ on CTO. They’re claiming the club lost a million pounds hosting Bocelli and Duran Duran 🤣

Some of the posters though seem absolutely seething over it.  Bizarre.

On 23/07/2022 at 21:50, Highland Capital said:

Observations from today - 

• Carson is A LOT better at right back than in midfield.
  • Our midfield is far far too open - we need a battling midfielder and have done for some time.
  • Samuels is not a winger and we need to stop thinking he can be one.
  • Nathan Shaw has some nice touches but he's the most one footed player we've ever had - this isn't the English seaside leagues.  Opposition players will cotton onto this instantly.
  • Harper has improved recently and Deas was superb at the back.

Also, getting searched in the way in for what was essentially a nothing match.  Is that really necessary?

Agree with this. Only thing I would add is MacGregor went missing in the second half. He was really good in the "10" in the opening 45 where he was always available to take the ball off Carson or Allardice but in the second half both our central midfielders seemed to struggle to find someone ahead of them to pass it to and as a result we seemed to go a wee bit more direct which wasn't really to our strength. 

Oh, Mckay is still a class act. 

I like how Dodds said after the game he didn't know 'whether to stick or twist, to accept the point or go for the win'.  So what exactly were you going for substituting on Billy McKay, Aaron Doran and Austin Samuels with 20 minutes to go, Billy?

I hate when Managers say this, you tried what you hoped would work and it didn't. It happens. 

On 24/07/2022 at 07:16, TheScarf said:

Ah yes, never learned after Elton John or Rod Stewart. 

Can imagine the boardroom, well we lost a million hosting them. Why not do it again. That will show the fans... 

Seems like that user needs to pay attention to their own user name

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

Ah yes, never learned after Elton John or Rod Stewart. 

Can imagine the boardroom, well we lost a million hosting them. Why not do it again. That will show the fans... 

Seems like that user needs to pay attention to their own user name

The club had nothing to do with the concerts other than giving the use of the stadium.  A totally separate company promoted the concerts. That poster posts nothing but shite on CTO.  Have a read of their posts, a total zoomer.

For me it's not the shirt but the player wearing it, they could wear fuckin string vests for all I care as long as they win. 

But it makes money for the club so........................................................................................

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

For me it's not the shirt but the player wearing it, they could wear fuckin string vests for all I care as long as they win. 

But it makes money for the club so........................................................................................

Hope you get one, Sandy.

In other news, anyone else hearing rumours of a 6'2" redhead being sighted at Dalcross?

5 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I'm trying to buy a couple of tickets for Saturday but your website is only selling season tickets. Can you pay at the gate?

If you click South Stand Section H here you should be able to buy one. 

https://ictfc.tickethour.co.uk/seatingPlan.html?idProduct=1751