"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Afternoon guys, can someone help me out? Was the old Telford Street stadium where B&Q is now? 

No B&Q is where it’s always been. The stadium was just past Howdens on the left as you travelled towards the canal and stopped at the roundabout. 

18 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Afternoon guys, can someone help me out? Was the old Telford Street stadium where B&Q is now? 

It’s now a Currys.

24 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

image.jpeg.67aa33fe1482ce6c4e2a95a33166f06b.jpeg

The person here is walking up Balnacraig Lane which is still there, after Lidl. The Howden End is the shed in the pic.

Google Street View:

https://goo.gl/maps/Q96EcqFeig6gKZKJ6

Edited by The Mantis

3 hours ago, hoofinit said:

No B&Q is where it’s always been. The stadium was just past Howdens on the left as you travelled towards the canal and stopped at the roundabout. 

B & Q was originally at the start of the Carse, B & M have the building now.

Beating a Championship quality side in Kelty and then Premiership Livingston both away in the space of 4 days is highly pleasing.  I just hope we can play as well and defend as well against the poorer sides we’ll face in the league this season. 

After seeing our lineup announced yesterday, I was anticipating a stroll for Livi. Good to see some fringe players make an impression. 

Really hopeful Devine, Duffy, Welsh and Ram will be back on the pitch by the end of these group matches, though. 

3 minutes ago, RossP said:

After seeing our lineup announced yesterday, I was anticipating a stroll for Livi. Good to see some fringe players make an impression. 

Really hopeful Devine, Duffy, Welsh and Ram will be back on the pitch by the end of these group matches, though. 

Duffy isn’t good enough to be starting for us. He is a solid back up, nothing more.

Of the new guys last night

Zak Delaney - Impressed with him, I didn’t realise he could play centre half and he had a solid run out there. Looked alert and quick.

Daniel Mackay - Absolutely brilliant performance. He roasted their right back for both goals, created some other clear cut challenges and was our best creative outlet. Just superb.

Nathan Shaw - Didn’t have a great game, poor touch at times and looked nervy.  One for the bench in the meantime.

Steven Boyd - Looked lively in his runout, some clever touches nothing earth shattering. Seemed to twist something in injury time though.

George Oakley - came in, gave away a penalty. Not the most memorable night for him.

Yeah Chris has it spot on there I reckon. Robbie Deas was outstanding last night. Is he the best defender in the Championship? I certainly think so.

Edited by RiG

I’d love Deas to play at centre back this season as I agree that he would be the best centre back in the league. Not convinced Harper is good enough to be a regular starter at left back though and no idea what Delaney would be like there. 

Yeah Deas was brilliant, so composed and strong and reliable. 

Harper was pretty poor IMO. I don’t want to be harsh on the lad but I’ve not seen anything from him that suggests he’s got it as a Championship player. I’d love to be proved wrong, especially as my mate gave my son a signed Harper shirt last night! 👚 

We have a free weekend now so I wonder if a friendly or bounce game has been arranged.  Although, the players could probably do with another wee break to recharge.  A fresh squad at home to the lowest ranked team in the group should hopefully see us win the group with a game to spare, or at least guarantee one of the best 2nd place places for the next round.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

FW6Nsp-XoAEwo3F.thumb.jpg.1a93bd7733020873552ca33e945c4b63.jpg

Not only the best but the mostest handsomest boi too.

Deas would be top three, I concede.

Somebody should start a thread on this again. Would go down a lot better without Dunfermline fans proclaiming whatever no-marks they have in defence to be the best.