Jump to content

"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"


Recommended Posts

I found large parts of Gardiner on the podcast really quite depressing.  There was very little of substance and a lot of it was business-speak with his usual "We'd like to do this and we'd like to do that" and "We wanted to do this but we weren't allowed to".  It did little to make me excited for the season ahead.

Edited by Highland Capital
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I found large parts of Gardiner on the podcast really quite depressing.  

That's because he's a egocentric maniac bullshitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, G51 said:

It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC

Fecking hell that happened 28 years ago get over it. ICT have turned into the most successful club in the Highlands so it was a move that paid off very well. Not only have we done the city of Inverness proud we have done a great job for the whole of the Highlands. When it comes to "vile" clubs Rangers is right up there at the top. So you enjoy supporting the **** 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was pretty cool seeing us winning 10-0 tonight but that’s the worst Clach team I’ve ever seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was pretty cool seeing us winning 10-0 tonight but that’s the worst Clach team I’ve ever seen. 

Quite a number of ex ict youth in there. I really wish we’d link up with them properly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ott said:

Quite a number of ex ict youth in there. I really wish we’d link up with them properly. 

I think their style of play didn’t help. Trying to play it out from the back will never end well. 

Edited by TheScarf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think their style of play didn’t help. Trying to play it out from the back will never end well. 

Gary Warren will put an end to that nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One think that struck me last night was that for the first time our youth players coming through seem to be massive.  Ethan Cairns, Lewis Nicolson and Lewis Hyde are absolute units.  Maybe aside from Shane Sutherland even most of the players who make it through to the first team seemed very slight - Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, even Graeme Shinnie to some degree.  I don't ever recollect us having a youth player as broad as Lewis Hyde at that before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

One think that struck me last night was that for the first time our youth players coming through seem to be massive.  Ethan Cairns, Lewis Nicolson and Lewis Hyde are absolute units.  Maybe aside from Shane Sutherland even most of the players who make it through to the first team seemed very slight - Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, even Graeme Shinnie to some degree.  I don't ever recollect us having a youth player as broad as Lewis Hyde at that before.

I need his workout plan. Hopefully he has a discount code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

One think that struck me last night was that for the first time our youth players coming through seem to be massive.  Ethan Cairns, Lewis Nicolson and Lewis Hyde are absolute units.  Maybe aside from Shane Sutherland even most of the players who make it through to the first team seemed very slight - Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, even Graeme Shinnie to some degree.  I don't ever recollect us having a youth player as broad as Lewis Hyde at that before.

Aye Lewis Nicolson is huge for a left back, and really powerful. Folk were bouncing off Cairns too. A special mention to Robbie Thompson though, boys a player. Looks like a young Ryan Christie the way he plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye Lewis Nicolson is huge for a left back, and really powerful. Folk were bouncing off Cairns too. A special mention to Robbie Thompson though, boys a player. Looks like a young Ryan Christie the way he plays. 

I think Lewis Nicolson is already better than Cameron Harper.  Think this season is last chance saloon for Harper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think Lewis Nicolson is already better than Cameron Harper.  Think this season is last chance saloon for Harper.

Yeah I'd agree with both points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After several weeks of rumors, the New York Red Bulls finally confirmed the signing of Cameron Harper. The 19-year-old was acquired for an undisclosed fee and will notably join the club on a permanent basis in an offseason when the Red Bulls have earned attention for a high ratio of loan signings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think Lewis Nicolson is already better than Cameron Harper.  Think this season is last chance saloon for Harper.

I wasn’t at any of the games when Nicolson got on last season but agree that Harper needs to up his game big time. He’s largely ineffective out on the wing but hopefully he’ll kick on. I’m sure he and Roddy are both tied down until 2024 so plenty of time for him to improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...