Jump to content

"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, alsy said:

I was intrigued by this too, to the extent that I had a wee dig. Most likely candidate is Mark Cooper. Five years at Forest Green, during which time he took them out of the National League into League Two, so a decent pedigree, appointed to the Barrow job on 28th May, which pretty much fits in with the 'three days before' comment Gardiner made (Dodds was appointed on 1st June), and has subsequently lost that job.   

Was trying to work this out this with someone last night and given the clues (Gardiner said it was a manager we would have heard of) and they proposed Kenny Jackett.  Would Barrow pay a manager double what we would?  Leyton Orient definitely would at the very least.

Edited by Highland Capital
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was trying to work this out this with someone last night and given the clues (Gardiner said it was a manager we would have heard of) and they proposed Kenny Jackett.  Would Barrow pay a manager double what we would?  Leyton Orient definitely would at the very least.

I think Barrow would certainly be able to pay a bit more than us; there's a bit of money behind them and their crowds are a little better than ours. I'd heard of Cooper before because of all the hype around Forest Green when they went up to the Football League for the first time, but Jackett is definitely a better-known name and Leyton Orient would pay a lot more than us. It would be interesting if it was him; one member of the pod is something of an Orient fan and has been down to see then a few times, I think.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad we've got a CB in, hope we can get another one with more experience before the window closes though.

In unrelated news, my knock-off online viagra tablets just arrived. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Arjy said:

Academy player Kieron Willox has been signed by Rangers. 16 years old and been at us for 6 years. Does anyone know what kind of compensation we'll get for that if any?

https://ictfc.com/ict-academy-player-kieron-willox-signs-for-rangers

Scott Gardiner definitely wrote that statement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Barrow would certainly be able to pay a bit more than us; there's a bit of money behind them and their crowds are a little better than ours. I'd heard of Cooper before because of all the hype around Forest Green when they went up to the Football League for the first time, but Jackett is definitely a better-known name and Leyton Orient would pay a lot more than us. It would be interesting if it was him; one member of the pod is something of an Orient fan and has been down to see then a few times, I think.   

Cooper was a name we came up with as well but given the way Gardiner talked about it, it suggested a bigger name than that I think. I remember Cooper managing Forest Green but a lot of our fans wouldn’t have - the way he was quite clear that we’d have heard of him makes me think it’s more someone like Jackett.

Was a wee bit disappointed to talk about dismissing the South American candidates totally out of hand because of the language barrier. Though that was a bit of a cop out.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:


Cooper was a name we came up with as well but given the way Gardiner talked about it, it suggested a bigger name than that I think. I remember Cooper managing Forest Green but a lot of our fans wouldn’t have - the way he was quite clear that we’d have heard of him makes me think it’s more someone like Jackett.

Was a wee bit disappointed to talk about dismissing the South American candidates totally out of hand because of the language barrier. Though that was a bit of a cop out.

It’s about time Ossie Ardiles got his chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck to the kid but that statement... *inhales through teeth*

I'm all for releasing something that bigs up the youth setup but that fawning over Rangers was nauseating pish.

teamamericasick.gif

Edited by RiG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He can say ‘fuck the Caley, rule Brittania, WATP GSTQ’ for all I care as long as Rangers gave us good paper for the guy. 
 

Everyone in Scottish football knows Gardiner is the biggest *** in the country so there’s no point in him trying to hide it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s nice to see such a lovely statement from a fellow SPFL club, even if it is one as vile as ICT. It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, G51 said:

It’s nice to see such a lovely statement from a fellow SPFL club, even if it is one as vile as ICT. It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC the self styled Rangers of the north.

I fixed that for you to include their full name 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...