"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I have retained the same seat for the whole of the time that the stadium in its present form has existed.

Others, in the last few weeks, have decided to change their behaviour and to stand.

I'm not at all sure you have a point that is worth debating.

It’s a football game. That happens at the football, don’t like it then move, just because you’ve sat at that same spot for a period of time doesn’t mean it’s your spot. Grow up and get a grip 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s a football game. That happens at the football, don’t like it then move, just because you’ve sat at that same spot for a period of time doesn’t mean it’s your spot. Grow up and get a grip

Are you sure?

You may well laugh but it seems to me that the likes of [mention=76422]bdu98196[/mention] fail to understand the duty of care that should be afforded to fellow spectators.
Even if I would choose to do so. I don't think I could stand for ninety minutes. Moreover, invidious is my choice in this situation as the elderly couple behind me certainly cannot.
There is a case for a standing section and those that might choose to should be encouraged to congregate with no detriment to those that have invested in good faith.

If folk want to stand they can stand. If you can’t see past them then move. It’s easily done. Whining on here about it achieves very little. Happy to help.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If folk want to stand they can stand. If you can’t see past them then move. It’s easily done. Whining on here about it achieves very little. Happy to help.

That's not correct though and "whining" is reflective.

9 minutes ago, sophia said:

Are you sure?

I’m very sure. So glad we have 3/4 terracing, too many people with an attitude like yours. The Caley stadium could really use they young lads being under a roof cause it’s currently the quietest and most soulless ground in the division and you’re greeting about them potentially coming close to you incase it interrupts your view when there’s about 3k other empty seats to pick from 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m very sure. So glad we have 3/4 terracing, too many people with an attitude like yours. The Caley stadium could really use they young lads being under a roof cause it’s currently the quietest and most soulless ground in the division and you’re greeting about them potentially coming close to you incase it interrupts your view when there’s about 3k other empty seats to pick from 

A terrace suited to the last century is what you are quite clearly familiar with and moving in that circumstance is obviously easier but what I put it to you and the quite clearly self obsessed @D'Jaffois that there are are well meaning patrons that are happy with what they have always had.

In the context of ICT, it is not within the gift of individuals or groups of individuals who are ill equipped so to do, to take public order and safety decisions.

Those that now choose to stand should do so with geographical fluidity and a fortitude should the elements be unkind 

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

A terrace suited to the last century is what you are quite clearly familiar with and moving in that circumstance is obviously easier but what I put it to you and the quite clearly self obsessed @D'Jaffois that there are are well meaning patrons that are happy with what they have always had.

In the context of ICT, it is not within the gift of individuals or groups of individuals who are ill equipped so to do, to take public order and safety decisions.

Those that now choose to stand should do so with geographical fluidity and a fortitude should the elements be unkind 

Suited to the last century? It’s concrete steps 

I am genuinely not sure if you’re on the wind up or not, if you are being genuine and serious what an insufferable individual you must be. Maybe football is not for you 

If there were a lack of seats I could understand, but you are free to move to wherever you please. Standing up through periods at the football is completely normal and acceptable behaviour 

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

We're one of the clubs after Josh McPake from Rangers according to The Scotsman.  Raith and Carlisle are after him as well.

So he’s going to Carlisle then.

Interesting that the three fans, replying to Sofia, support clubs where the majority of fans have to stand given they have limited seating infrastructure, and two of those stadiums? are probably on the verge of compulsory demolition by the HSE. for personnel safety reasons.

Not worth a discussion really.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

And obscurity in the lower bottom half of the fourth tier of english football.

With a much healthier bank balance.

18 hours ago, sophia said:

I have retained the same seat for the whole of the time that the stadium in its present form has existed.

Others, in the last few weeks, have decided to change their behaviour and to stand.

no-one-cares-spotlight.gif.0eaae66e0da48ccac0f0ebaf41111120.gif

Just now, TheScarf said:

With a much healthier bank balance.

Hardly, you got me going with that bank thing, so I had a look at what they are paying the season just gone.

Their top player gets around £2500 pw with about three other players just above the £2000 mark and then  drop for the rest to what I would expect we pay weekly, and some less than us.

Anyway if he's not good enough for Rangers he certainly won't be required at our club.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Hardly, you got me going with that bank thing, so I had a look at what they are paying the season just gone.

Their top player gets around £2500 pw with about three other players just above the £2000 mark and then  drop for the rest to what I would expect we pay weekly, and some less than us.

Anyway if he's not good enough for Rangers he certainly won't be required at our club.

So just the £1000 a week more than we would ever pay him. 

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

And obscurity in the lower bottom half of the fourth tier of english football.

Obscurity to who? Think Carlisle fans are arsed about the second tier up here? 

26 thousand people watching the play off final of the 5th tier of English football today