"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I very much doubt we'll be looking at any potential signings yet as we don't know what league we'll be in.

One that is known is that we are in for McAlear permanently though St M and St J are also in for him too.

What is the contract situations for each player at the moment, or will it be easy asking who's out of contract lol?

Ofere was our Drogba, maybe over playing it but he was big, strong and technical gifted with an eye for goal. An actual football mercenary who came in a did the business. Remember him scoring against Celtic in Inverness when we drew 1-1 then literally days later scoring at Hampden (probably best football day out ever) when we punted them out of the cup and fucked their treble. (I would link to vids of these great moments but I've no clue lol)

Great days back then when the top clubs actually feared playing us and we did some pretty sexy football..........maybe BD should make all our team watch re-runs of these games each day as inspiration for what hard work and top attitude can get even average players.

48 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Ofere was our Drogba, maybe over playing it but he was big, strong and technical gifted with an eye for goal. An actual football mercenary who came in a did the business. Remember him scoring against Celtic in Inverness when we drew 1-1 then literally days later scoring at Hampden (probably best football day out ever) when we punted them out of the cup and fucked their treble. (I would link to vids of these great moments but I've no clue lol)

Great days back then when the top clubs actually feared playing us and we did some pretty sexy football..........maybe BD should make all our team watch re-runs of these games each day as inspiration for what hard work and top attitude can get even average players.

Excellent post.

This is a controversial opinion but I actually think that 2014-15 team underachieved in the league.  We lost every game we played against Aberdeen that season despite twice being in the lead.  We also lost every game that season against Partick Thistle, including getting pumped 4-0 at home. 

Richie Foran didn't play at all through injury and we lost Dean Brill for half the season.  It was a great season - but we could and maybe should've gotten 2nd.

Edited by Highland Capital

We should've had more strikers in before the start of that season though.  The fact we only had Mckay as our only striker was madness and don't forget we went for a period with no natural striker at all after Mckay left and Ofere came in.  

Forgot as well our dismal display in the League Cup that year.  We went to Ibrox and went ultra-defensive against probably the worst Rangers team of all time.  He should've attacked and skelped them.

28 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Had managed to forget that. But in context that was a Rangers side who were still paying the 2nd highest wages in Scottish football even when in the seaside leagues.

We went to Ibrox and battered them 3-0 when they had they second highest wages in Scotland. It was an embarrassment we got beat that night. 

It doesn't matter if they had the second highest wages at the time - they were an absolutely abysmal side.  Moshni was absolutely rubbish at the back that night and yet we didn't trouble him at all.  Yogi totally bottled it - went really defensive when they were absolutely there for the taking.

I see a former Caley Thistle supporter is attempting to flog the Scottish Cup Final flag...for £750!

https://en-gb.facebook.com/marketplace/item/309331161280526/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Edited by Highland Capital

32 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see a former Caley Thistle supporter is attempting to flog the Scottish Cup Final flag...for £750!

https://en-gb.facebook.com/marketplace/item/309331161280526/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

He got quite the haul from the stadium before he was told he was no longer needed. I’ve seen him trying to flog loads of stuff for an absolute fortune.

I find it hard to believe the club would just give him a flag (which he was previously trying to flog for a grand!) and match kits for nothing.  You'd think he'd offer them back to the club but according to a thread on CTO he thinks he's already made enough of a 'donation'...

Yeah the club should have them and if they want to auction them off/do a raffle then fair enough.

I’d quite like to have one of the final tops but I refuse to give him money for it.

I really don’t think the market will be that big for a flag like that so we shall see it down in price in a few months probably.

Edited by PB1994