"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

One swallow doth not a summer make.

Is that really the best you can offer?

Your negativety is as unattractive as it is unnecessary.

For any end of season success I'd suggest that it will require to be replete with a communal heave.

This, of course, will require egos inflated with previously held opinions to be set aside.

19 hours ago, sophia said:

Two? 

Anyone for swallowing their pride?

Not at all, I congratulate the win but If it hadn't been for Chalmers that would have been a defeat, we were poor in that second half.

As for results there's no way with the experienced players we have that we should be nervously chasing games, we should be in a comfortable top or second position by now.

12 Wins in 30 games is the abysmal record that Dodds & Co have provided, and I stand by my opinion that he and his staff have to go.

The last two results have been encouraging but trying to claim 2 wins in 3 months as some kind of home run is quite the reach especially given we were absolutely stinking yesterday yet again.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

The last two results have been encouraging but trying to claim 2 wins in 3 months as some kind of home run is quite the reach especially given we were absolutely stinking yesterday yet again.

That's not really the case though is it.

Inverness were bossing the game up until the second gift.

Are we really saying that Billy Dodds and the football management staff should all be picking up their books on Monday morning?

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

12 Wins in 30 games is the abysmal record that Dodds & Co have provided, and I stand by my opinion that he and his staff have to go.

12 wins in 30 is 3rd best in the league.

8 defeats in 30 is 2nd best in the league.

This is hardly a ringing endorsement for your proposal most drastic and in the context of the league I'd suggest "abysmal" is far from appropriate.

4 hours ago, sophia said:

That's not really the case though is it.

Inverness were bossing the game up until the second gift.

Are we really saying that Billy Dodds and the football management staff should all be picking up their books on Monday morning?

We were on top for the first 30 minutes and second best for the following 60. It was not a good performance. We were poor yet again and we have been for months. 

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

We were on top for the first 30 minutes and second best for the following 60. It was not a good performance. We were poor yet again and we have been for months. 

Thanks for confirming that we were not "absolutely stinking" yesterday

A lot of the early wins were won by one goal and that went on for weeks as I recall, the Morton win was a one off, I don't give a fuckin jot about other teams records in the league, what does concern me, and others, is the piss poor performances of the team I follow.  

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A lot of the early wins were won by one goal and that went on for weeks as I recall, the Morton win was a one off, I don't give a fuckin jot about other teams records in the league, what does concern me, and others, is the piss poor performances of the team I follow.  

Sandy Sandy Sandy, we've just won two in a row, how high are your expectations?

As for your shrugging off of single goal victories, did you refuse the glory of our cup win?

Hold on, I've just bolded the part that you are actually complaining that we were winning

C'mon man

52 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thanks for confirming that we were not "absolutely stinking" yesterday

We were rubbish for the vast majority of the game yesterday and were lucky to get three points. If you think 2 wins in 3 months is something to write home about fair play to you.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

We were rubbish for the vast majority of the game yesterday and were lucky to get three points. If you think 2 wins in 3 months is something to write home about fair play to you.

Except I'm not saying that.

We won yesterday and I'm afraid that we'll have to disagree as for me "the vast majority" overstates it.

Why are you getting so excited?

Dean McDonald was pretty short.  I remember he came on late in a cup tie against Hibs and we were hitting long balls to him when he was marked by Rob Jones.  Whole thing was slightly farcical.

23 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Completely random but is Joe Hardy the shortest player to ever play for us? Watching him on Saturday and he can’t be much over 5 foot 😂

Probably comparable to someone like Martin Glancy perhaps?

20 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Completely random but is Joe Hardy the shortest player to ever play for us? Watching him on Saturday and he can’t be much over 5 foot 😂

Ian Stewart our second highest goal scorer was on the short side.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Dean McDonald was pretty short.  I remember he came on late in a cup tie against Hibs and we were hitting long balls to him when he was marked by Rob Jones.  Whole thing was slightly farcical.

He was one of the worst players I've ever seen play for us.  Looked about five foot and just didn't do anything.  The fact he was probably one of the slowest players I've ever seen play for us didn't help either.