"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see our esteemed, annoying little brother across the bridge are having a Q and A with Mackay and Cowie this month.  I wonder if Dodds/Gardiner etc would be brave enough to host one for us.  I won't hold my breath.

Dodds would be shouting “Billy likes fitba” for every answer.

The season isnt over yet and still in those play offs. Thought we played well in the 2nd half against Hamilton and against Partick. To be constantly negative all the time and write the team off is bound to effect the atmosphere. Im confident we will finish in the play off places, will see what happens after that...

Compared to what I have seen of Raith, Partick & Killie don't think they are any better. Arbroath are playing as a proper team, but nobody else is. Still think promotion is a possibility, if Dundee can do it like they did last season then no reason ICT can't.

Now then Roly, reading your post today I thought I had a flash of deja vu

38 minutes ago, Roland said:

The season isnt over yet and still in those play offs. Thought we played well in the 2nd half against Hamilton and against Partick. To be constantly negative all the time and write the team off is bound to effect the atmosphere. Im confident we will finish in the play off places, will see what happens after that...

Compared to what I have seen of Raith, Partick & Killie don't think they are any better. Arbroath are playing as a proper team, but nobody else is. Still think promotion is a possibility, if Dundee can do it like they did last season then no reason ICT can't.

Now then Roly, reading your post today I thought I'd had a flash of deja vu, then I realised part of it was a re-run of your post last saturday.

I wish you well on your optimism but you are almost a lone echoing voice in that promotional scenario.

There's no way we're getting promoted.  Yes, Dundee were as shite as everyone else last season, but they had Charlie Adam to drag them through games.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way we're getting promoted.  Yes, Dundee were as shite as everyone else last season, but they had Charlie Adam to drag them through games.

A new Thread, 'The Run In' has been started and so far we don't get a mention from other fans who probably think as we do, in that, we're shite.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When is Dodds getting punted then?

I think every fan wants him out now but as said above I’d be extremely surprised if he gets punted before the end of the season.

11 straight games without a win if we don't beat Arbroath that'll be 3 months without a victory, 6 points from a total of 33. I can't recall us being this abysmal I was there for the Richie Foran experiment, Craig Brewster's 2nd stint in charge still in the memory. The first half of our 2017/18 season was not fun either but man this is just depressing....

When Foran and Brewster got us relegated ICT was obviously in the Premiership during those reigns. John Robertson had a tricky start on his return to ICT but in all fairness that squad was in a mess at the time. He soon turned things around and brought us good times such as a couple of good Scottish cup runs, reaching the play offs in 2018/19, A Challenge Cup victory in 2017 hell we might have won the play offs in 2020 if it wasn't for the pandemic. We certainly were in a good position to finish 2nd that season. This has to be the worst level of football we have played in a long time.

This season we have crashed out of all three of the domestic cups before the new year even started!.  Not even a Challenge Cup final to distract us from this painful run of form. If it wasn't for our great start to the season we would be in a relegation battle right now. If we don't sort this mess out we might as well get ready for League One in 2023/24. 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Stolen from Twitter but in the last 11 games we have taken 6 points, the same amount as Peter Grants Dunfermline in the first 11 league games. That’s how bad it is.

Wow, didn't realise it was that bad! Next you'll have fans rushing the team bus after an away pumping.

Don't hire Grant in the summer! Or do, as it would be some laugh.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wow, didn't realise it was that bad! Next you'll have fans rushing the team bus after an away pumping.

Don't hire Grant in the summer! Or do, as it would be some laugh.

I have a genuine fear that Gardiner and Robbo would pick Gary Locke to be our next manager.

How much fuckin longer do we have to put up with this shite.

We the PAYING fans can't all be wrong game after fuckin game, even the posters on the ultra benign and forgiving on CTO are saying enough is enough.

What would Ross Morrison do if Dodds, Gardiner, Robertson, Kellacher and Wilson etc were joiners he'd hired to build an extension on his house and every week, due to shoddy workmanship, the fuckin roof fell in, would he keep them on? would he as feck, their arses would be history.

This season is a fuckin gonner and the Chairman needs to get rid now as a warning to future coaching staff that we are not soft touches that tolerate failure.

The club is paying for failure and we are paying to watch it.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I have a genuine fear that Gardiner and Robbo would pick Gary Locke to be our next manager.

I've mentioned this on here a number of times but it'd undoubtedly be someone of that ilk.  It's guaranteed to be someone from the maroon clique.

On 02/03/2022 at 13:55, Roland said:

A lone voice in the wilderness.

Good luck with the optimism Roly.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Hopefully they will both be gone by next season.

The fact that they brought in very inexperienced loans very late in the transfer window sums them up.

W were crying out for experience after the Gardyne loss and yet they brought in a young lad, to fill that role, who had been playing part time football in the english NL.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A lone voice in the wilderness.

Good luck with the optimism Roly.

They're far from a lone voice.

Whilst it cannot be denied that the last few weeks have been disappointing, there is now a clear target to aim for and the outcome must surely be to shape what we have at our disposal for the end of season games.

With that in mind, it could be said that those calling for a premature ejection of the management team are trigger happy.

2 hours ago, sophia said:

They're far from a lone voice.

Whilst it cannot be denied that the last few weeks have been disappointing, there is now a clear target to aim for and the outcome must surely be to shape what we have at our disposal for the end of season games.

With that in mind, it could be said that those calling for a premature ejection of the management team are trigger happy.

Trigger Happy? understandably so with a couple of miserable defeats.

But, Trigger Happy with no wins in 11 games and six points out of 33.

That's Trigger Happy ????????????????????????? 

Wakey fuckin Wakey, We have a competent team who are underperforming so lets blame the fans, or how about the groundsmen, or the waitresses at the hospitality, but maybe it's the fault of the games Security etc etc etc and fuckin etc.

Or could the problem lie with the whole coaching staff or do you feel they are blameless in all of this and the problem lies with the team?

BTW Well done John Robertson for the extra wedge in covering the RC game for BBC Radio's 'open all Mics'', nice of you to distance yourself.