"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Dinamo Bucharest bought Marius Niculae for £250,000 as I recall.

Losing Deas would be a huge blow. Not just a good centre-back, not just a good left-back but one who’ll still improve.

He's our best defender in both of these positions.

Get this offer to f'ck.

Absolutely seething, heads gone, verge of tears etc.

36 minutes ago, RiG said:

He's our best defender in both of these positions.

Get this offer to f'ck.

Absolutely seething, heads gone, verge of tears etc.

Really? Think he’s a championship CB at best. Was found out regularly there last season. 

as for a left back, he’s very limited offers little to nothing going forward. I think he’s only playing there because he’s left footed and Dodds doesn’t trust Harper defensively. 

150K? Absolutely take that. Not saying he doesn’t have potential he clearly does but what position is he playing for you? Because he hasn’t mastered either in our team. He’s a lot more raw than McCart and Rooney were and I can’t see him immediately starting for St Johnstone. 

21 minutes ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Really? Think he’s a championship CB at best. Was found out regularly there last season. 

as for a left back, he’s very limited offers little to nothing going forward. I think he’s only playing there because he’s left footed and Dodds doesn’t trust Harper defensively. 

150K? Absolutely take that. Not saying he doesn’t have potential he clearly does but what position is he playing for you? Because he hasn’t mastered either in our team. He’s a lot more raw than McCart and Rooney were and I can’t see him immediately starting for St Johnstone. 

Phew ! Thanks for letting us know that he is shite and sorry to hear that you have such a liability on your hands..Perhaps we should forget the cash and just do a straight swap with Ambrose ? That would get this dreadful.player out of your club and replaced by a seasoned performer.

8 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Phew ! Thanks for letting us know that he is shite and sorry to hear that you have such a liability on your hands..Perhaps we should forget the cash and just do a straight swap with Ambrose ? That would get this dreadful.player out of your club and replaced by a seasoned performer.

I’ll take the 150K thanks! I don’t think he’s shite, but he’s probably our third best defender this season behind Devine and Broadfoot. I’m just surprised that you’d part with such money for him when he’s not been a stand out and hasn’t really mastered either position for us yet?

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

15 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Scott Allardice out for the rest of the season? Delete club imo

As good as Scott Allardice is, that's nothing to worry about. With Sean Welsh now fit again, he can fill that gap

I'm torn between desperately wanting to keep Deas and taking the money and letting the twat go (if he wants to then get him tae f**k)and using the £150k to strengthen. 

We probably need a left back if he goes so use that money for getting one in asap. 

We also need a winger and preferably a striker (though thats not desperately, one be signed would be a bonus) so use Tony MacDonald, thug Gardyne wages for recruiting one or two other positions. 

Oh and to the poster offering us Ambrose, it's a no from me, he can go to Dunfermline as rumoured in the Sun lol.

Oh and welcome back clowns haha, I didn't report the forum and had no intentions of but greeting mods got scared I was going to so banned me for a couple of months 🤣

24 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I'm torn between desperately wanting to keep Deas and taking the money and letting the twat go (if he wants to then get him tae f**k)and using the £150k to strengthen. 

We probably need a left back if he goes so use that money for getting one in asap. 

We also need a winger and preferably a striker (though thats not desperately, one be signed would be a bonus) so use Tony MacDonald, thug Gardyne wages for recruiting one or two other positions. 

Oh and to the poster offering us Ambrose, it's a no from me, he can go to Dunfermline as rumoured in the Sun lol.

Oh and welcome back clowns haha, I didn't report the forum and had no intentions of but greeting mods got scared I was going to so banned me for a couple of months 🤣

I for one have missed your homilies C Shaun and I feel sheepish about the events surrounding your banishment.

Why do you read the Sun?

20 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Where did you hear this? Can only see one account on Twitter that’s posted about it and not sure how reliable that account is 😂 

Just that same account, seems a strange thing to start a rumour about if it's not true. Hopefully crap though

1 minute ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

Caley this, Caley that,

No wonder us fans of the real Thistle never bought in to this windswept, edge of the world project that is IceyTea

#ITFC

🤣

Looks like you'd already bought into Dundee instead. Very odd behaviour.

1 hour ago, Caley Shaun said:

It was a joke lad..Obviously Irony is not a big thing in the Highlands 😅

Strange business with Deas, why would a player leave a title chasing club and move to a bottom of the league relegation struggling club? 

To me this is no more than his money driven agent looking for a fee, no doubt Deas would increase his salary for  a few months and then possibly find himself back in the Championship next season.

I'm all for players making a good living but they should be looking at constructive not retrograde career moves.