"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Polworth confirming he wants to stay at Premiership level. Was speaking to Hughes before he left County but that’s gone cold. Could see him going to Livi.

I'd be surprised. CM is our strongest area and we're fairly flooded with players there as well. Pittman/Sibbald/Penrice/Bartley/Obileye/Jacobs/Holt/Pignatiello.

Some are DMs but still. He'd be a decent signing but not sure he'd be a starter over Sibbald and Pittman at all and he's be wanting regular game time

Seems to be a strong correlation between players liking / disliking a manager / coach depending on whether the team was good / shite.

Hopefully players are praising Dodds in a years time. Fingers crossed anyway.

Edited by RiG

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seems to be a strong correlation between players liking / disliking a manager / coach depending on whether the team was good / shite.

Seems to be the way. It's worth remembering Dundee were top of the league when Dodds brought his coaching into Dundee. 

Dundee - hilariously/amazingly - failed to win the league and in fact capitulated under his and his friends stewardship. 

11 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The amount of fans we have who reply on Twitter to every tweet the club does with "Announce season tickets" or "Announce *insert player here*" is excruciating. 

I've muted a lot of them.  Do they think we won't be selling any season tickets or signing anyone?  Fucking gimps.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've muted a lot of them.  Do they think we won't be selling any season tickets or signing anyone?  Fucking gimps.

There's two or three of them who seem to reply with some sort of nonsense with every tweet the club does.  

Tom Walsh re-signed.

Really not that keen on signing someone who has barely played for the last 2 years through injury. He was decent for us but I can only see him being worse than he was.

Positives - we need wide players, Doran seems to seldom be fit and Walsh looked decent when he faced us down at Ayr last season.
Negatives - like Doran he is prone to injuries and he didn't seem to shake that off at Ayr United. Didn't play much last season from the looks of things.

Edited by RiG