"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Positives - there was definitely an uptick in form when Dodds came on board towards the end of last season and the players poke highly of him during his time working with them. The club must have liked what they saw during his brief spell as a coach. At least it's more "progressive" than going for some of the donkeys on the list including some former managers that were being banded about.

Negatives - it seems like an appointment of convenience what with him living locally and being available for buttons and I just wonder how much that factors into our decision making at times.

He'll have a good bit of work to do in the transfer market over the summer and he only has a few weeks to get things ready before the League Cup group stages kick off.

Yep, we were definitely better when he came on board, which is good.  Hopefully we can play some beautiful football like Dunfermline will under Grant.

Edit - The 11/12 games in 6 weeks absolutely killed us in the end, you'd like to think we would've finished higher if we had more than 2 days recovery in between games

Edited by TheScarf

Just now, RiG said:

More transfer rumours abound this time Tom Walsh and Michael Gardyne...

Reaction GIF: disappointed, wrestling

Walsh is injured half the time and Gardyne is 42 and has a micropenis

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, we were definitely better when he came on board, which is good.  Hopefully we can play some beautiful football like Dunfermline will under Grant.

Edit - The 11/12 games in 6 weeks absolutely killed us in the end, you'd like to think we would've finished higher if we had more than 2 days recovery in between games

County’s strikers - well, Liam Boyce - absolutely raved about his coaching.  Dodds comes across as an imbecile on the radio, but he’s a very popular coach. 

I think you could have done a lot worse.  Like Malky Mackay, for example. 

Edited by Savage Henry

The coaching from Billy Dodds was loved by the players when he was here so it seems like a no brainer to bring him in full time. It might not work out but you could say that about every appointment at this level.

The fact he was staying local and could be on cheap wages is just a bonus as far as I’m concerned.

As we have said a million times on this forum the financial situation at the club has always be greatly over estimated but everybody seems to jump on that for some reason.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The coaching from Billy Dodds was loved by the players when he was here so it seems like a no brainer to bring him in full time. It might not work out but you could say that about every appointment at this level.

The fact he was staying local and could be on cheap wages is just a bonus as far as I’m concerned.

As we have said a million times on this forum the financial situation at the club has always be greatly over estimated but everybody seems to jump on that for some reason.

It's a defence mechanism used by fans of other clubs to try and cling onto any hope that they can finish as high up the table as possible.  

Speaking of finances we apparently made a loss of £328,000 for the 2019/20 season. Net debt is just over £700,000.

And yes I also inhaled through my teeth reading "Inverness Cally Thistle".

Edited by RiG

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Speaking of finances we apparently made a loss of £328,000 for the 2019/20 season. Net debt is just over £700,000.

And yes I also inhaled through my teeth reading "Inverness Cally Thistle".

Saw that this morning.  At least the yearly losses are reducing.