"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm at a loss with Shane as I posted towards the end of last year that I had met him and he told me he would be back in the early part of this year, yet no sign of him and I don't know if he's been training, as for Tom Walsh I can only imagine he's had a leg amputated as I can't figure out what other injury could have kept him out all season.

I'm sure we'll get all the stories from the players once the majority of contacts end soon, or will they be tied into some sort of non disclosure clause.

I started thinking about it after The Wyness Shuffle had Walsh on and he was saying he was fine running then when he starts ball work he can tell there’s something not right. 
I wouldn’t like to think we’d cast them off but on the other hand can we afford another years wages for both of them? 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I started thinking about it after The Wyness Shuffle had Walsh on and he was saying he was fine running then when he starts ball work he can tell there’s something not right. 
I wouldn’t like to think we’d cast them off but on the other hand can we afford another years wages for both of them? 

That'll be when he's heading the ball, figures.

I think the both of them are owe the Caley a seasons wages.

Imagine a joiner banging his thumb during nailing and goes off sick and then he says he can't come back to work because ever time he sees a hammer he gets nervous.

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That'll be when he's heading the ball, figures.

I think the both of them are owe the Caley a seasons wages.

Imagine a joiner banging his thumb during nailing and goes off sick and then he says he can't come back to work because ever time he sees a hammer he gets nervous.

Uncharacteristically bad take from you Sandy. We don’t know how bad their injuries are, so alleging that they’re skiving is baseless.

Presumably the club are monitoring their development. They’re also paying for private healthcare, and will presumably be updated by the professionals.

I think both players have enough goodwill in stock to merit a contract extension, if budget permits. 

1 hour ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Uncharacteristically bad take from you Sandy. We don’t know how bad their injuries are, so alleging that they’re skiving is baseless.

Presumably the club are monitoring their development. They’re also paying for private healthcare, and will presumably be updated by the professionals.

I think both players have enough goodwill in stock to merit a contract extension, if budget permits. 

Walsh has been a disaster of a signing. No goodwill in the bank at all for him. Shane should get a new deal though.

1 hour ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I'm not getting into the ins and outs with you as I believe you have a good take on the game and no way am I saying they are taking the piss but I have to question a player who has one game at the start of the season and then goes sick, then there is Shane who was so convincing when he told me that he would be back in Feb and then he is MIA, what is going on?

As I have mentioned in the past major clubs, with a lot more to lose, run injury tables, Arsenal eg, where the type of injury-the physio being applied-and when the player is due back is outlined, yet all we have in Walsh's case is from a fan podcast and not from the club, we as fans willingly pay our dues with ST's and merchandise purchase yet over the last few years we are an afterthought and at times an unnecessary distraction.

It's one of the areas that this season, and last, has seen me disillusioned with the club.

This season end will see a major exodus of players and it will be interesting to se how many re-sign

43 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Walsh has been a disaster of a signing. No goodwill in the bank at all for him. Shane should get a new deal though.

I’m sure Walsh was injured for periods of last season too and he played his way into the side after scoring 2 against Hamilton in the last game of the season. 

I do think either both or neither of them will get a new deal. Can’t see a scenario where one goes and the other stays. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not getting into the ins and outs with you as I believe you have a good take on the game and no way am I saying they are taking the piss but I have to question a player who has one game at the start of the season and then goes sick, then there is Shane who was so convincing when he told me that he would be back in Feb and then he is MIA, what is going on?

As I have mentioned in the past major clubs, with a lot more to lose, run injury tables, Arsenal eg, where the type of injury-the physio being applied-and when the player is due back is outlined, yet all we have in Walsh's case is from a fan podcast and not from the club, we as fans willingly pay our dues with ST's and merchandise purchase yet over the last few years we are an afterthought and at times an unnecessary distraction.

It's one of the areas that this season, and last, has seen me disillusioned with the club.

This season end will see a major exodus of players and it will be interesting to se how many re-sign

Sounds like we’re 90% on the same page. Have a great day tomorrow mate!

36 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

With this cup final monies and the battery farm millions, we are going to be balling whatever league we are in next year

I’m guessing nobody on this was at the AGM but if anyone was it would be good to hear what was shared in regards to this.

On 16/04/2023 at 08:40, sophia said:

Sandy, you made the following claim...

From the first game he game back to us it was evident he didn't want to be here, with that attitude Hibs won't want him and neither do we, silly boy. 

You appear to be asserting that from the start of the season he has been underplaying and doing so with a flagrant disregard for his club and career.

Is this correct? 

For what it's worth I've seen a player that was just getting into his stride when he suffered an injury right in front of our North Stand and he hasn't come back from that in the way I'd certainly have hoped. There's still time and he may well provide moments before the season's end that we can delight in.

Hello @SandyCromarty

Are you going to ...

A   continue to ignore a call for clarification in a way that some would regard as cowardly

B   substantiate your assertion by doubling down 

C   withdraw your remarks in the face of a very significant contribution in the Scottish Cup semi final 

Edited by sophia