"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I was at your stadium today with my work.  The Chief Executive, who seems fairly amiable, was giving a very detailed minute by minute of the Ewan Henderson saga.   Quite the story.  Your new Greek director is a very interesting bloke.  Spoke very highly of Malky Mackay.  Also said ticket sales for the semi final are… low. 

Also, you won your red card appeal but somebody had an injury at training which required him to go to hospital.  Not sure who.  Might be your goalie.  

Yours sincerely, the artist formerly known as Your Man At Eastgate Starbucks. 

Edited by Savage Henry

I’m not surprised ticket sales for the semi final are low when this is the second day they have been on sale, with the game a month away and there being no danger of us selling our sections out.

The only reason to get your tickets now is if you are wanting to get the best possible view in the £28 seats as you could be stuck in the bottom few rows or right behind the goal, if we even make it that far round the east stand.

On 24/03/2023 at 17:06, approximately dave said:

Stuart Golabek played a massive part in getting us back up in 2010 replacing the inconsistant Lionel Djebi-Zadi at left back. How this took Butcher two half seasons to come to this conclusion that the enigma that was LD-Z was costing us points on a regular basis is one of the great conundrums of that era. Guy couldn't even put his jacket on properly, how was he expected to command the left side of our defence.

He (Djebi-Zadi) played absolutely class against us, I even signed him on FM. 

22 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m not surprised ticket sales for the semi final are low when this is the second day they have been on sale, with the game a month away and there being no danger of us selling our sections out.

The only reason to get your tickets now is if you are wanting to get the best possible view in the £28 seats as you could be stuck in the bottom few rows or right behind the goal, if we even make it that far round the east stand.

I saw an ICT fan on Twitter the other week say just before the ticket prices were released say that there was 37,000 at the 2015 final and he saw no reason why it wouldn't be the same attendance at this fixture!  The tickets and transport could be free and it wouldn't get close!

8 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I saw an ICT fan on Twitter the other week say just before the ticket prices were released say that there was 37,000 at the 2015 final and he saw no reason why it wouldn't be the same attendance at this fixture!  The tickets and transport could be free and it wouldn't get close!

Aye that is just nonsense. The price of tickets won’t help but as I’ve just said on the semi final thread we take around 3,000 for semi finals at Hampden. It will be exactly the same this time around. You might get a few extra as there may be an expectation the we will go through since we are playing a league 1 side but I don’t see that making much of a difference.

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Aye that is just nonsense. The price of tickets won’t help but as I’ve just said on the semi final thread we take around 3,000 for semi finals at Hampden. It will be exactly the same this time around. You might get a few extra as there may be an expectation the we will go through since we are playing a league 1 side but I don’t see that making much of a difference.

I'll be amazed if there's more than 10,000 at this fixture.  In all honesty I'd rather play it at Tynecastle or somewhere but that won't happen.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

I'll be amazed if there's more than 10,000 at this fixture.  In all honesty I'd rather play it at Tynecastle or somewhere but that won't happen.

Falkirk have already sold nearly 4k so I imagine it might break through the 10k barrier for the total attendance

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think Falkirk might take about 10k but I don’t see it going over 15k total.

From a fan point of view Tynecastle etc would be more preferable but from the financial side, for the club, I’d rather have the money that would be spent renting out a stadium going into our own pockets instead.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I was at your stadium today with my work.  The Chief Executive, who seems fairly amiable, was giving a very detailed minute by minute of the Ewan Henderson saga.   Quite the story.  Your new Greek director is a very interesting bloke.  Spoke very highly of Malky Mackay.  Also said ticket sales for the semi final are… low. 

Also, you won your red card appeal but somebody had an injury at training which required him to go to hospital.  Not sure who.  Might be your goalie.  

Did Chief Scot enjoy the AGM?

53 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Get this clown out of the building immediately 

If you like George RR Martin then you'll like his quote;

"I am surrounded by flatterers and fools, half of them don't dare tell me the truth and the other half can't find it"

Sound familiar?

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Thank you for sharing that, though I must confess, I have no idea who Ewan Henderson is so I'm afraid the saga is beyond me. Sounds vaguely prurient though.

As for the injury, it would be just our luck if, following such a great night a week ago, Ridgers is incapacitated. That would be our season though, we'd be comfortability in a play off spot at the least but for the chronic afflictions visited upon our most important players.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thank you for sharing that, though I must confess, I have no idea who Ewan Henderson is so I'm afraid the saga is beyond me. Sounds vaguely prurient though.

As for the injury, it would be just our luck if, following such a great night a week ago, Ridgers is incapacitated. That would be our season though, we'd be comfortability in a play off spot at the least but for the chronic afflictions visited upon our most important players.

Ewan Henderson was the player Queens Park fielded to get themselves thrown out of the cup.  It was, as it happens, a tale of duplicity and intrigue.  Quite an amusing one, too.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Ewan Henderson was the player Queens Park fielded to get themselves thrown out of the cup.  It was, as it happens, a tale of duplicity and intrigue.  Quite an amusing one, too.

<<< oh in that case I'm a late convert to pruriency.

That night when I was forced to cohabit with the Tories in the main stand was a weary one. The football gruel was thin indeed and it's only in retrospect that I realise I played my part in the sting.

As disappointed as I was (coughs) walking away from the stadium, I now understand that getting to the full time whistle with minimum effort was an act of brilliance by our much maligned manager. @SandyCromarty probably wasn't there as he most likely had a long lunch or something that took his time.

It’s not very good at all. Quite poor I thought. Apart from seeing that utter dork sitting in his living room crying about the merger while we are down in Hampden lifting Scottish Cups.

Edited by PB1994

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It’s not very good at all. Quite poor I thought. Apart from seeing that utter dork sitting in his living room crying about the merger while we are down in Hampden lifting Scottish Cups.

I thought that too.  Fuck all the refuseniks who all now go to watch County or down to watch the Old Firm.  Sit and fucking cry about playing Keith and fucking Huntly whilst we’re playing at Hampden for the 4 millionth time.

35 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

A Tale of Two Jaggies. One with loads of great memories and one who cut his nose off to spite his face.

The refuseniks must be the most overrated group in Scottish football. If every ex-Caley and Thistle fan who didn’t support the merged club all changed their mind in a oner and came to the next game at the Caley Stadium you wouldn’t even notice.