"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've never slagged off Sophia as in our everyday culture I could be done for misogyny and abusing a female.

Sophia has PMd me to clarify that he is not actually a woman and that 'sophia' is simply the Ancient Greek word for 'wisdom'

On 19/03/2023 at 13:54, NorthStand10 said:

Thanks for stating the obvious.

This group however don’t make their feelings known and move on. They reply with the same drivel multiple times per day to every single tweet and it’s embarrassing. Voice their opinions on the full time tweets or managerial interviews, but children’s coaching classes etc? get a grip

This is the social media world we live in, no longer fanzines or boos and handwritten boards aimed at the manager/chairman/players.

For instance when Gardiner was appointed here there followed a bunch of posts from Dundee fans on our thread and that has continued the same happened with Dodds and this has continued verbatim.

No longer are we singularly subjected to reading about our club in the local press with reports manipulated by the club but now there is a broader spectrum where fans make up their own minds and post what they feel whether that's good or bad.

When things are running smoothly the posts are in the main positive, though you will get the odd keyboard warrior who will post maliciously but usually we will contain him.

However when things are as bad as they have been over the last two seasons then the fans frustrations will be aimed at the management and club, that is par for the course at any football club nowadays and is to be expected and a reason why managers tell the players to keep clear of social media.

The thing is that we have posters on here, not me, who can perfectly analyse a game and see the blatant mistakes being made by the manager.

The management, who you seem to represent, do not accept any criticism and are infuriated by it as if they were above it all, how sad is that, and have made attempts to out the posters such as myself.

Social media is where we are at and it's not going to go away.

To end, it is very clear to many of us that the Dundee fans have been correct in their estimations of Gardiner and Dodds.

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The thing is that we have posters on here, not me, who can perfectly analyse a game 

To end, it is very clear to many of us that the Dundee fans have been correct 

Who would that be then?

Here's a tip for you Sandy, if you take the diametrically opposite view to Dundee fans, you'll generally be going in the right direction.

Oh and .... 

Box-Office.jpg

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

This is the social media world we live in, no longer fanzines or boos and handwritten boards aimed at the manager/chairman/players.

For instance when Gardiner was appointed here there followed a bunch of posts from Dundee fans on our thread and that has continued the same happened with Dodds and this has continued verbatim.

No longer are we singularly subjected to reading about our club in the local press with reports manipulated by the club but now there is a broader spectrum where fans make up their own minds and post what they feel whether that's good or bad.

When things are running smoothly the posts are in the main positive, though you will get the odd keyboard warrior who will post maliciously but usually we will contain him.

However when things are as bad as they have been over the last two seasons then the fans frustrations will be aimed at the management and club, that is par for the course at any football club nowadays and is to be expected and a reason why managers tell the players to keep clear of social media.

The thing is that we have posters on here, not me, who can perfectly analyse a game and see the blatant mistakes being made by the manager.

The management, who you seem to represent, do not accept any criticism and are infuriated by it as if they were above it all, how sad is that, and have made attempts to out the posters such as myself.

Social media is where we are at and it's not going to go away.

To end, it is very clear to many of us that the Dundee fans have been correct in their estimations of Gardiner and Dodds.

What happened with you and where was this?

Who was the management rep who communicated with the unhappy supporters?

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

That side would rip this current iteration of ICT to shreds.

Yes, great memories of a great side in our history, I never attended a game where I thought we could lose and never thought that the likes of Celtic were any better than us.

Golabek! great player for us and I think I've told this story before but it's worth telling again.

We had Livi at home and almost at the whistle Golabeck ran right across the park like a mad demented Buffalo and banged into Wilson who flew arse over tit up in the air and landed like a bag of bones.

My Daughter used to live in Garmouth and on the Sunday visit right after the Livi game me and my beau fils visited the Garmouth Hotel for a pint, and there was Stevie as usual with his pals enjoying a refreshment, so I asked him what the f**k was Golabek all about, well he said Wilson had left us recently and knowing that he was tricky I corralled Golabek every chance I got at training and back in the dressing room I took him aside every day before the game and told him that I didn't want to see Wilson making a fool of him, but I think he took the advice too seriously. 

Stuart Golabek played a massive part in getting us back up in 2010 replacing the inconsistant Lionel Djebi-Zadi at left back. How this took Butcher two half seasons to come to this conclusion that the enigma that was LD-Z was costing us points on a regular basis is one of the great conundrums of that era. Guy couldn't even put his jacket on properly, how was he expected to command the left side of our defence.

A club statement earlier this month stated the AGM is to be held on the 28th of March but having read CTO it seems there’s been no further information provided.

A number of folk on CTO have contacted the club but apparently they've not received clarification so far. Is it actually going ahead as planned?

3 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

A club statement earlier this month stated the AGM is to be held on the 28th of March but having read CTO it seems there’s been no further information provided.

A number of folk on CTO have contacted the club but apparently they've not received clarification so far. Is it actually going ahead as planned?

Short answer is no it’s not as stated on Twitter. No idea when it is actually going ahead.

341EEE64-B2B5-4864-813B-CD09BAA59DBF.png