"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

He got game time due to our whole midfield being long term injured, some of it still is.  But he won't get a look in now that Allardice is back and Dodds is starting to play Carson and Welsh in there too.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He got game time due to our whole midfield being long term injured, some of it still is.  But he won't get a look in now that Allardice is back and Dodds is starting to play Carson and Welsh in there too.

With most of our squad out of contract and possibly moving on in the summer he might get a chance if he stays next season but I agree he hasn't looked that great so far from what I've seen.

55 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Without being harsh, yes he is. Got regular minutes in the first team earlier in the season due to all the injuries but hasn’t really had a look in since Allardice came back and we’ve looked miles better for having Allardice in the middle.

Aye wasnt sure, he just sort of popped in a list of "similar players" in style to Cammy MacPherson/Dan Phillips.

Tackle a lot, ~okay in possession, can run, does nothing in attack. Was the weakest of the 5 though.

FrNXyc9WAAAkMLh.thumb.png.417dbe05aada38f2ab7e541afd54fa10.png

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's not shite, I just don't think he's up to the required standard.  He's very much a player you'd expect to sign for Elgin in the next year or so.

FrNaw60X0AQAioQ.thumb.jpeg.9c56515fc33326ac1537bdd6d902714b.jpeg

Aye he didnt seem to great really. Below average for ICT at most things it seems like.

37 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Are yous looking to buy? 

I wouldnt think so, just me wondering because of things mentioned above.

He looks like a lesser version of Allardice really?

FrNjWkTXoAAcsjJ.jpeg

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

With most of our squad out of contract and possibly moving on in the summer he might get a chance if he stays next season but I agree he hasn't looked that great so far from what I've seen.

Agree with that but I also would like to see Ethan Cairns getting more game time on a sub twenty minute basis, I've liked what I have seen so far as a busy bustling box player.

On 15/03/2023 at 09:03, RiG said:

Does this hold true if we somehow manage to win the Scottish Cup?

Would Robbie Deas rather sign for Livingston or get an away trip to Romania in the conference league?

Yes, I know I’m clutching at straws!

5 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Does this hold true if we somehow manage to win the Scottish Cup?

Would Robbie Deas rather sign for Livingston or get an away trip to Romania in the conference league?

Yes, I know I’m clutching at straws!

No your not.

1 hour ago, lochnesscaley said:

Lewis Hyde is signed up for next season

I did wonder but, honestly, simply couldnt be arsed checking.

It automates from WyScout, who take their contract dates from transfermarkt (i think, they seem to share the same mistakes when i find them), so aye.

Sadly life got in the way for us again recently but we've finally gotten round to getting a new pod out and it's a mahoosive one to compensate. Interviews with Billy Dodds, Jay Henderson, Scottish Cup chat (recorded before the KO time and prices were revealed), game review, Section 94, Guess Who and some other goodies to keep you going.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oakley scores against Arbroath last night, Imrie is getting more out of him than Dodds did.

Not fussed in the slightest. 

Was below average for the first half of the season, maybe due to the manager who knows. Anyway, McKay is a much better option and with Samuel's return from injury I doubt Oakley would have got a look in.

Edited by Jaffa

On 17/03/2023 at 09:40, RiG said:

Sadly life got in the way for us again recently but we've finally gotten round to getting a new pod out and it's a mahoosive one to compensate. Interviews with Billy Dodds, Jay Henderson, Scottish Cup chat (recorded before the KO time and prices were revealed), game review, Section 94, Guess Who and some other goodies to keep you going.

It seems one of the podcast members could do with a break from Twitter. He has completely lost it.

Been thinking about what needs to happen at the end of the season recently, now that the league season is effectively over after yesterday’s defeat.

I totally understand how injuries have handicapped our season; we have obviously looked much better getting our best players back on the pitch. However, yesterday was pretty much a full strength XI and we were played off the park.

The injuries do not account for the shockingly poor recruitment in the summer. That’s what’s done us. The players Dodds has consistently told us aren’t good enough, are his own signings. This is a big sticking point for me. Recruitment is the most important part of any managers job. 

The cup run is truly magnificent and has possibly saved us from going part time. If we win the cup, that’s the only thing which is enough to justify offering Dodds a contract for me.

Since he took over, his prime objective has been to get us out of the league. We were 45 minutes away last season in a league we really should’ve been much closer to winning, and this season has been a disaster. Lots of key players are out of contract at the end of the season - is it time for a new manager who can start with a clean slate, or is continuity more likely to bring success? I’ve become more likely to accept the latter recently. The players seem to enjoy playing under him which can’t be ignored.

I’ve flip flopped from Happy Clapper to Boo Boy throughout this post - in conclusion, I’ve not a fucking clue what Morrison and Gardiner are going to do but I’ll be renewing my season tickets regardless.

Edited by scottbamby

13 hours ago, PB1994 said:

And it isn’t the #BooBoys who are coming off worse in this.

I’m not speaking of last nights arguments specifically but there’s a small group of human Velcro shoes on twitter who appear to be obsessed with constantly berating the club and it’s embarrassing. Some have valid points and put them across sensibly, the remainder to me at least seem more concerned with getting a few likes from their mates than saying anything valid.

Edited by NorthStand10

2 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’m not speaking of last nights arguments specifically but there’s a small group of human Velcro shoes on twitter who appear to be obsessed with constantly berating the club on twitter and it’s embarrassing. Some have valid points and put them across sensibly, the remainder to me at least seem more concerned with getting a few likes from their mates than saying anything valid.

I totally agree. I think there are some very valid criticism of the manager and the results, I’ve said as much on Twitter as well, but there are a few, as you say, who seem to want to slate everything the club puts up on Twitter or Gardiner at every opportunity. It takes away from the valid arguments they make.

That said the reaction from the guy from the podcast was beyond embarrassing. Considering he somehow gets to ask questions during press conferences, threatening to meet up to batter other fans is a horrendous look.

1 hour ago, scottbamby said:

The injuries do not account for the shockingly poor recruitment in the summer. That’s what’s done us. The players Dodds has consistently told us aren’t good enough, are his own signings. This is a big sticking point for me. Recruitment is the most important part of any managers job. 

I think there are some fair points in here but one thing I would pick up on is the signings comment. Some of the guys that have come in, I understand, are picks by Robbo and not necessarily guys that Dodds wants. Oakley is a good example of this. By all accounts Dodds did not rate him and never really wanted him there but Robbo forced the move through. Some guys haven't worked out (Ram for example) whilst others started well but faded (Delaney). Overall I'd say our recruitment has been poor in the last couple of seasons but how much of that is down to Dodds I'm not too sure. He does have a say in signings but I am sure if he has the final say all of the time.