"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The accounts show the loss has been sustained via the net assets which are now almost a third of what they were in 2021 and now stand at £462,497.

Serious stuff which is usually explained by a company board statement which then normally contains warnings of drastic cost cutting measures to reduce expenses sometimes in the form of a draconian budget.

Clearly the concerts and a poor season with falling attendances had a hand in it but we now face further serious energy costs plus an uphill struggle to try to squeeze into the play offs or reach a SC semi.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I'd expect this year to be equally as bad or worse, bearing in mind the income or a large part from the ticket fiasco would have been summer onwards, post may 22.

Although our Scottish Cup final and 6 extra games coming from our late play-off charge will reduce the impact.

Scottish Cup winners gives you guaranteed group stage football in Europe doesn't it? Why stop at the final :D 

In other news, the guy that does the journo stuff for Livi says that the Deas deal is close, so I'll need to actually keep an eye on him until the end of the season now

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the Record are running a story saying your future is in "significant doubt". Hyperbole or truth?

We were recommended last year to go into administration.  Of course we're unlikely to hear anything from the club in regards to the current financial situation and the local press have apparently been told by Scot Gardiner that if there's any negative stories about the club's finances (including the administration recommendation from last year which the local press know about) then all contact to the club will be cut.  This was hinted at on the Wyness Shuffle podcast a while back as well.

Edited by Highland Capital

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the Record are running a story saying your future is in "significant doubt". Hyperbole or truth?

Do you really need an answer?

The club has run at a loss more often than you can shake a stick at and whilst it remains in thrall to whatever the old man ego thing that is at play, I'm sure there will be some sort of mason like fix as there has always been.

We can’t survive in our current form, essentially. We had a big investment from Tullochs in 2002 that helped build the team that won promotion in 2004. When we were relegated in 2009 we gambled and went straight back up. We haven’t managed to find a sustainable way to operate since our last relegation and have basically relied on director loans. 

Either we sell the club to someone who wants to piss away loads of money or we go part time and give up  ever getting into the top flight. There isn’t anyone who is going to buy the club and give us loads of money to get promoted so it’s option 2. 

30 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Scot Gardiner will save us, his record does nothing but inspire confidence.

Maybe it’s time for him to appear on another podcast where he talks for hours while saying absolutely nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Maybe it’s time for him to appear on another podcast where he talks for hours while saying absolutely nothing. 

There are (apparently) many fans who found his to be open and engaging leaving fully satisfied that their ears had such pleasures

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We can’t survive in our current form, essentially. We had a big investment from Tullochs in 2002 that helped build the team that won promotion in 2004. When we were relegated in 2009 we gambled and went straight back up. We haven’t managed to find a sustainable way to operate since our last relegation and have basically relied on director loans. 

Either we sell the club to someone who wants to piss away loads of money or we go part time and give up  ever getting into the top flight. There isn’t anyone who is going to buy the club and give us loads of money to get promoted so it’s option 2. 

Part time is a possibility, but given our location it would be difficult to attract players from the central belt to settle here for training Tues and Thurs night, teams like Arbroath have survived due to their location and accessibility to Dundee and Hearts/Hibs for loanees where players can train with their own clubs during the week and the travel to Tues and Thurs training is not too difficult given the east coast road infrastructure, imagine a full time loanee expected to make a trip for Tues night training up the A9 in January.

So the only option for part time I would think would be to recruit locally and that would obviously have limitations.

So I would think we have to remain full time on a severely restricted budget which in turn could well mean a struggle to remain in the Championship.

The way forward is a difficult one given our precarious financial position.

I don't like to state the obvious but promotion last season or a better run of results this season could have been the turnaround, as it is things are not good all round.

We the fans will still be here next season and left with the mess while certain people will walk away trying to say they did a good job.

Edited by SandyCromarty

32 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Only club in the UK in a freeport tax zone, you'll never sing that

I genuinely don't know what the club are hoping comes of being part of this free port other than it might allow them to get round some tax laws.

With that statement, I can officially say I am much more positive about things now. When this tax free green cash starts to flow, we are going to be the Highland version of PSG. I'm off to pre-empt our success by starting a thread in the Premiership forum

The Inverness and Cromarty Firth bid aims to build a world-beating floating offshore wind manufacturing sector, with sites in the Cromarty Firth, Invergordon, Nigg, and Inverness. It expects to create up to 25,000 new jobs and attract £2.6 billion in inward investment. In addition to offshore wind manufacturing, it will focus on green hydrogen and creating a new innovation cluster.

The bidding prospectus set out the requirements for applicants as well as the assessment and selection process. The Scottish Government will publish more information on the outcome of the assessment and selection process in due course. 

This is what the Scottish Government website says about the freepports.  Assume they cut "building profitable football club who gets promoted to the top flight" for reasons of space.