"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Is Dodds contract up at the end of the season? I think he was given a 2 year deal when appointed but not sure if it’s been extended and I’ve missed it 

As far as I'm aware his contract is up this summer, he got a two year deal back in June of 2021.

Thing is looking at the accounts for 20/21 and considering the fall in attendance figures since then, plus no great financial cup run benefits, I can't see there would be much money around to bring in an experienced manager and players.

So we would be relying on player loans and a young manager, or has been mentioned in other posts maybe an ex player or two on the coaching staff.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Mckay is good at holding the ball up but would struggle in the air compared to Akinyemi I guess?

On a side note where did you get that stat from? :geek

Sutherland behind Mackay would help with long balls but when will we see him back, I've given up on what he told me.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

:lol: No idea how

@SandyCromartyhas not made himself available for comment. We'll bring you further news should he respond to our requests for his views.

Meanwhile Vrolijke Klepper is claiming that this provides proof positive, if not total vindication, that their unstinting support has been justified.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I think we were the only unbeaten team in January? Not absolutely sure on that though.

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Fr 23Dec 2022   Raith 2 - 2 Morton

D

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Mo 02Jan 2023   Hamilton 0 - 1 Raith
W

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Fr 06Jan 2023   Raith 1 - 1 Dundee

D

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP We 11Jan 2023   Queen's Park 0 - 1 Raith
W

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Sa 14Jan 2023   Cove Rangers 2 - 2 Raith

D

SCOTTISH FA CUP Tu 24Jan 2023   Linlithgow Rose 0 - 2 Raith
W

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Sa 28Jan 2023   Raith 2 - 2 Inverness CT

D

SCOTTISH DIVISION 1 Sa 04Feb 2023   Arbroath 1 - 2 Raith
W

56 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

2 wins out of the last 15 games.

Somebody is taking the piss with an award.

And making a mockery out of Scottish football.

The obvious lack of any congratulations on here sums it up.

I know you like to cite things like, oh let's see, "lunch" for not going to games but just how many of these 15 (fifteen) games in January did you get to?

@Caley Shaun, did you manage to get to any of these games?

I don't see why I should feel the need to reply to someone as clueless as you @sophiabut no and as I've said on numerous occasions (so get your bloody eyes tested) I've got a valid reason for not going and that is WORK and its a job I enjoy and tbh I wouldn't step foot in the stadium until a) we have a change of management so that will be next season and b) our football style changes, if i want to watch balls get lumped from one half of the field to the other with the occasional burst forward from an attack then I'd rather go to Murrayfield where the spectacle AND atmosphere will be ten times more than at TCS!

Now I am NOT going to engage with that question again so leave me in peace and pick on someone else other than me and poor @SandyCromarty!

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

There is no way Dodds is getting a new contract here.

• Scot Gardiners pal (Dundeeold boys club)
  • Made play-off finals last year
  • Significant injury crisis cited this season - which I'm sure will be seen as a success if we make play-offs again (papers over the cracks IMO)
  • MOTM awards - demonstrates that Dodds & team can perform well

I don't agree Dodds should get another deal BTW, however looking at the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised at all

40 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

There is no way Dodds is getting a new contract here.

That seems to be the sentiment on here and on CTO,  I'm also seeing posts indicating season tickets being abandoned which is a scenario we cannot afford.

As for the possibility of an old boys network maintaining the present situation, I would think that given the financial way forward for the club the full time old boys may be looking for new positions elsewhere.

One poster, against the majority however, repeatedly claims that we are doing well, take out of it as you see it but for me his attempt at petty controversy indicates an uneducated maliciousness to gain some schoolboy type upper hand to create friction by avoiding the reality.