"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, RiG said:

We desperately need another striker to help Mckay out. There's no word on Sutherland, Samuels etc returning but with the departure of Oakley you'd have to assume they are back sooner rather than later. Unless something happened off the pitch that hastened Oakley's departure...

We're going to find it hard to offer contract extensions to players when we won't have a clue what league we might be in. I suspect it will be another year in the Championship and that's going to make it harder to get some players to sign up for that.

I would suggest George's performances on the pitch hastened his departure... 

Had to laugh when he scored minutes into his Morton debut right enough.... 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I've mentioned a few times I spoke with Shane last year and he indicated he would be back Jan/Feb so if that is the case he should be back in training.

As for Samuels and Walsh nobody seems to know what the score is, whether they are out long term team or otherwise is anybody's guess, rumours abound.

Oakleys Morton interview on their thread worth a look where he indicated a difference in opinion in the Caley camp, though tbf he didn't elaborate.

No chance Sutherland will be back fit at Championship level this season, more likely end up at Elgin on loan.

1 hour ago, DonnieMurdo said:

I would suggest George's performances on the pitch hastened his departure...

Had to laugh when he scored minutes into his Morton debut right enough.... 

Perhaps Morton just play a way that is more suited to his style and abilities and Dodd's ball just wasn't for him?

We are though one Billy injury away from being completely impotent infront of goal which is a worry.

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Perhaps Morton just play a way that is more suited to his style and abilities and Dodd's ball just wasn't for him?

We are though one Billy injury away from being completely impotent infront of goal which is a worry.

He was shite long before Doddsball

6 hours ago, sophia said:

So not on strike then?

That was the one doing the rounds, he got rushed back, hurt himself and was not happy to play until he was ready. 

Could be total utter crap. Could be something in it. 

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

That was the one doing the rounds, he got rushed back, hurt himself and was not happy to play until he was ready. 

Could be total utter crap. Could be something in it. 

Thanks.

How you describe the rumour is understandable but a long way short of an unsubstantiated claim that the young player is on a one man withdrawal of labour campaign.

8 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Maybe we have found our level as a part time club

I think you've called it right there, the last two seasons have seen us lose financially and unless there's a turnaround part time could well be a reality.

Around the 800 mark attendance wise last night and a £20,000 losers fee about sums it up.