"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dearie me, after your last defense of Robbo was shown to be fraudulent, when you said that he had made a move for Dawson when Robertson was commentating for the BBC at Dingwall in December on a Celtic game, we then showed that Celtic had last visited Dingwall in August.

Surely you should remain embarrassed and silent on the subject.

When John Robertson signed a new contract as Sporting Director his brief as outlined by the Scotsman was that he, 'will fulfill a new role overseeing the football department'.

Neither the article or the official statement from the club mentioned that he will be free to commentate for the BBC at Ross County games on ICT Matchdays. 

I am sure that Robertson will leave the club to return to the BBC when his contract expires in the summer, personally I am disappointed in his behaviour which is indefensible and I will be glad to see him go.  End of.

Oh my dear friend Sandy, August is recent and someone as well travelled in the business world such as yourself should understand the implications of a contractual document being silent on any particular scenario. 

You make mention of a return to the BBC and in fact are sure of this as an outcome. Would J Robertson ever have been an employee of the BBC or could your wee prospectus be verging on the fraudulent?   

1 hour ago, sophia said:

August is recent

To clarify when discussing team form recent is '2 games', however in a calendar perspective recent is as much as 6 months? While I agree its subjective but even this is starting to push the boundary of inconsistency to demonstrate a specific narrative. But at least the consistency of inconsistency is consistent.

We’ve signed…. Ben Woods!

https://ictfc.com/ben-woods-signs-for-ictfc?fbclid=IwAR3TB_mz3ycf8ow4aVi8soJIYkq5GjMYER38RhvAcls9MaahObNiSo7UvNU

No idea who this is, never heard of him. I think he’s the final piece of the jigsaw, the man who’ll lead us into the promised land. 

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We’ve signed…. Ben Woods!

https://ictfc.com/ben-woods-signs-for-ictfc?fbclid=IwAR3TB_mz3ycf8ow4aVi8soJIYkq5GjMYER38RhvAcls9MaahObNiSo7UvNU

No idea who this is, never heard of him. I think he’s the final piece of the jigsaw, the man who’ll lead us into the promised land. 

Age 20, born in Wigan, 5.8 ft, central midfielder, been without a club since released by Burnley last summer. Has played as a defensive midfielder.

Edited by approximately dave

11 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Age 20, born in Wigan, 5.8 ft, central midfielder, been without a club since released by Burnley last summer. Has played as a defensive midfielder.

No side since last summer is a worry, there are hundred of these young guys released by english club academies who then manage to find a club in england which doesn't work out, so he attracted no interest down south in six months and now he is in the north of Scotland?

Now having outlined the facts let me say good luck to the lad, I wish him well and he could do well by us by reviving his career and making a great contribution as many have done in the past. Barry Robson a Rangers reject and picked by ICT for example who went on to represent Scotland and continues to make a good living from the game.

Seems to have had a trial with the Sunderland academy last year and wasn't offered a deal.  He looks decent enough in that video - left footed and technically gifted enough to take free kicks and penalties.  I'll keep the Dean McDonald Rule firmly in mind though before deciding if he's any good.

9 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

15 games left. We are 10 points off top spot and 6 points off second - where do you reckon we finish?

Depends massively on when players are coming back from injury. I think we’ll miss out on the playoffs, and finish 5th/6th. 

12 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

15 games left. We are 10 points off top spot and 6 points off second - where do you reckon we finish?

If we had, at the very least, two wins in that terrible winless run and a better than shite GD of 2 where do you think we'd be now? it's an obvious answer and again another season of hanging on to coat tails and playing catch hoping to get into the play offs.

It's not good enough, optimism is one thing but realistically we should not be in this position, all I've heard is injury excuses when every other team has had injuries and six of them are doing better than us.

That is the reality.

Edited by SandyCromarty

We should have enough for the play-off just. Will require ayr or morton to drop off in form and I still don't see QP going the distance. Dundee and PT are the only clubs to match us in strength and depth so when the inevitable later season injuries, fatigue and suspension catch up I think we can get into a top 4 place. But need to start being more consistent and play for 90 mins.

Yesterday we looked good for spells and probably less disjointed with some nice interplay and chances created - its getting that more and hoof ball less.

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

We should have enough for the play-off just. Will require ayr or morton to drop off in form and I still don't see QP going the distance. Dundee and PT are the only clubs to match us in strength and depth so when the inevitable later season injuries, fatigue and suspension catch up I think we can get into a top 4 place. But need to start being more consistent and play for 90 mins.

Yesterday we looked good for spells and probably less disjointed with some nice interplay and chances created - its getting that more and hoof ball less.

To be fair to Billy Dodds, he did say that his primary play is to pass it but he did say that we hired Oakley to allow us to go long when required.

For various reasons, I'm not at all sure that plan has generally worked.

I, like you, would expect some sort of drop off from several opponents and others don't have their troubles to seek so it is on that basis that I think there is an opportunity for us but that is contingent upon one or two very important players coming back.

Also I heard yesterday that we're trialling an exciting young Dutch prospect Vrolijke Klepper and that seems like good news.

I think we’ll make the play offs minimum. I don’t think Morton have enough and I can see Ayr slipping down too.

Dundee like ourselves haven’t scored enough, hopefully that changes for us with the reintroduction of Samuels and other injured players. McMullan aside Dundee had no players that stood out to me.

I don’t think there’s a great deal between our squad and Particks. However, they and Queens have shown they can score goals and have battered teams. Queens look the best I’ve seen so far but do they have a big enough squad?

If we don’t win the league we need 2nd this time. 

Edited by NorthStand10