"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

Spot on. He takes his opinions as facts and when someone proves him wrong he either doesn’t reply or throws his toys out the pram. He mentioned “dressing room unrest” but apparently he “can’t get into it as it’s private.”

He also said we have good squad depth and should be higher in the league, if he think’s having 2 senior player on the bench is good depth god help him (a goalkeeper and George Oakley). Also refused to accept injuries to key players are badly impacting us.

Also, apparently results matter not win percentages, while that might be true to an extent don’t the results determine the win percentage?

On here stats are like the word of God, thou shalt not blaspheme against or deny the true holy numbers.

There's clearly a collective who do not like my opinions which is fine. My position is clear. So unless you are Dodds who will undoubtedly accept he is in a position open to criticism (none of which I feel is personal attacks) then I'm unclear as to why some are getting upset to the point of sending PM's - as reading over none of my comments are personal attacks or offensive to individual forum members.

• Our recent form is based on 2 games 'good' however does not change that these are the only league wins since mid Oct which is not good enough for a club that should be chasing promotion and is relegation form if it were to continue in that pattern.
  • Dodds was allowed to retain his job last year after a mid-season collapse. This year Injuries do play a part, however so does complacency as its been demonstrated the board will not remove him when most clubs will have acted previously or now. While this may bring considered stability it does not allow for his interviews and comments where were are constantly told injuries have weakened the team yet throwing those being played 'under the bus'. Please refer to other clubs such as Hearts this season or even the famous Man U game where Fergie played 8 defenders against Arsenal for how tactics have to change based on personel available. 
  • Most acknowledge during the Foran era 0-3 at Hamilton was defining and showed the players had given up for the manager, in my opinion the PT defeat was the same. It was clear that the lack of fight, shape and cohesion things were falling apart. The unity seems now to be returning and lets hope it can remain for the rest of the season.
  • Not claiming this season is a disaster (yet), however its a significant disappointment and clinging to the hope that 'we will get better when injuries return' is logical, but its now halfway through the campaign and we have had these same players missing for half of that duration and some longer, therefore we must develop strategies to overcome rather than live in hope only. 
  • I've made comments regarding the Concert company and stand by those as its yet another black mark against the board & club along with community interaction.

If individual fans have the perception all is well and this season both on and of the park is representative of a happy environment and satisfied with the direction of the club then that's good. In a cost of living crisis the unwaivered support will be welcomed by those at the club I am sure. Even the acceptance of dropping levels in performance and entertainment which I consider as questionable tactics and style seems to be beyond criticism on this platform.

Lets hope the club moves forward in a direction everyone wants however it gets there and we can just agree to differ on opinions.

Edited by bdu98196

20 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

There's clearly a collective who do not like my opinions which is fine. My position is clear. So unless you are Dodds who will undoubtedly accept he is in a position open to criticism (none of which I feel is personal attacks) then I'm unclear as to why some are getting upset to the point of sending PM's - as reading over none of my comments are personal attacks or offensive to individual forum members.

• Our recent form is based on 2 games 'good' however does not change that these are the only league wins since mid Oct which is not good enough for a club that should be chasing promotion and is relegation form if it were to continue in that pattern.
  • Dodds was allowed to retain his job last year after a mid-season collapse. This year Injuries do play a part, however so does complacency as its been demonstrated the board will not remove him when most clubs will have acted previously or now. While this may bring considered stability it does not allow for his interviews and comments where were are constantly told injuries have weakened the team yet throwing those being played 'under the bus'. Please refer to other clubs such as Hearts this season or even the famous Man U game where Fergie played 8 defenders against Arsenal for how tactics have to change based on personel available. 
  • Most acknowledge during the Foran era 0-3 at Hamilton was defining and showed the players had given up for the manager, in my opinion the PT defeat was the same. It was clear that the lack of fight, shape and cohesion things were falling apart. The unity seems now to be returning and lets hope it can remain for the rest of the season.
  • Not claiming this season is a disaster (yet), however its a significant disappointment and clinging to the hope that 'we will get better when injuries return' is logical, its not halfway through the campaign and we have had these same players missing for half of that duration and some longer, therefore we must develop strategies to overcome rather than live in hope only. 
  • I've made comments regarding the Concert company and stand by those as its yet another black mark against the board & club along with community interaction.

If individual fans have the perception all is well and this season both on and of the park is representative of a happy environment and satisfied with the direction of the club then that's good. In a cost of living crisis the unwaivered support will be welcomed by those at the club I am sure. Even the acceptance of dropping levels in performance and entertainment which I consider as questionable tactics and style seems to be beyond criticism on this platform.

Lets hope the club moves forward in a direction everyone wants however it gets there and we can just agree to differ on opinions.

You are entitled to your opinion, the difference of opinion is some of us appear to put the bad run more significantly down to injuries than Dodds’ lack of technical ability on this occasion - however I do agree that last season he had little excuse and was fortunate.

For the record you’ve no need to accuse me of being a happy clapper, I have messaged @Highland Capital previously saying I agree with his opinions on the CEO and JR, you both agreed with me last weekend when I complained about the lack of information from the club on injury return dates. 

4 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

You are entitled to your opinion, the difference of opinion is some of us appear to put the bad run more significantly down to injuries than Dodds’ lack of technical ability on this occasion - however I do agree that last season he had little excuse and was fortunate.

Of course there have been injuries, nobody is denying that but, for me, looking at the whole picture there was a general malaise within the club which was reflected on the pitch last year.

Dodds interaction with Ridgers obviously had a knock on affect hroughout the playing staff.

Samuels injury last September was one where we the fans have never been told what that injury was or how long he will be out.

Then the there was the concerts disaster which likely resulted in much finger pointing within the club which then probably became a main topic and a distraction from what the club is really about, football.

Then we have the Robertson scenario, a Sporting Director, whatever that entails at a football club, who prefers to commentate for the BBC rather than support the football club that pays him, what affect do you think that has on players minds, probably 'why the f**k should I care if one of the management doesn't'.

It is my personal opinion that as Robertsons contract is up this summer he has prioritised his future as working for the BBC in the North.

So yes there have been injuries but also many other distractions and that is what has angered fans and brought about much criticism and discontent.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Of course there have been injuries, nobody is denying that but, for me, looking at the whole picture there was a general malaise within the club which was reflected on the pitch last year.

Dodds interaction with Ridgers obviously had a knock on affect hroughout the playing staff.

Samuels injury last September was one where we the fans have never been told what that injury was or how long he will be out.

Then the there was the concerts disaster which likely resulted in much finger pointing within the club which then probably became a main topic and a distraction from what the club is really about, football.

Then we have the Robertson scenario, a Sporting Director, whatever that entails at a football club, who prefers to commentate for the BBC rather than support the football club that pays him, what affect do you think that has on players minds, probably 'why the f**k should I care if one of the management doesn't'.

It is my personal opinion that as Robertsons contract is up this summer he has prioritised his future as working for the BBC in the North.

So yes there have been injuries but also many other distractions and that is what has angered fans and brought about much criticism and discontent.

I can see Robbo going back to his old job with the BBC and his seat at the back of the Main Stand for home games.

btw has Billy Dodds contract been renewed yet as the current one is up on the 31st May?

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I agree with much of the negative opinions regarding the CEO and Sporting Director, just disagree on how severely the injury problem has impacted us.

On Austin Samuels, didn’t he get injured against Cove and then Dundee? He is still training with the club so not sure there’s anything more going on there, Gardiner explanation on him was poor though.

Edited by NorthStand10

18 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I agree with much of the negative opinions regarding the CEO and Sporting Director, just disagree on how severely the injury problem has impacted us.

On Austin Samuels, didn’t he get injured against Cove and then Dundee? He is still training with the club so not sure there’s anything more going on there, Gardiner explanation on him was poor though.

Every club has injuries in a footballing season, it's a fact of footballing life, but in our case it was used after every loss by Dodds, except when he said the players weren't good enough for the club, and the same was carried by all the papers week in week out.

As I mentioned there has many other distractions at the club during this season.

Samuels injury occurred on the 17th of Sept, that's heading onto four months so surely by now we should have been told if he was back in training and regaining match fitness or whatever else happening is with the lad.

Mention of Bobby Man  on the QP thread which bought back many happy memories of when we the fans went  into every game with a positive and determined outlook and sure of a win, great teams great days.

Now look at us, arguing among ourselves over injuries and failures, sad days and no fault of ours.

54 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Every club has injuries in a footballing season, it's a fact of footballing life, but in our case it was used after every loss by Dodds, except when he said the players weren't good enough for the club, and the same was carried by all the papers week in week out.

As I mentioned there has many other distractions at the club during this season.

Samuels injury occurred on the 17th of Sept, that's heading onto four months so surely by now we should have been told if he was back in training and regaining match fitness or whatever else happening is with the lad.

It’s not just samuels, they’ve not told us the return date of anyone which is immensely frustrating, however he is training I can confirm that - or at least doing gym work with the squad. 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Mention of Bobby Man  on the QP thread which bought back many happy memories of when we the fans went  into every game with a positive and determined outlook and sure of a win, great teams great days.

Now look at us, arguing among ourselves over injuries and failures, sad days and no fault of ours.

Who exactly are "we"?

Whilst I have always been determinedly positive, I cannot say I have ever been sure of a win. Isn't that what supporting a club is about?

If you want to change your personal outlook Sandy, all you have to do is change. You might even enjoy it.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Maybe a bit of positive is that most of our team won't be suffering from fatigue by the end of the season. If we hit form at the right time who knows, this league is still open for the taking.

On the Ross County chat thread I see they are discussing Gary MacKay-Steven who is rumoured to be released by Hearts.

Do you think Robbo has been alerted and Dodds could be making signing here jumping in before County or Motherwell?

He did play as a trialist for us against Clach back must have been 10-11 years ago when Butcher was in charge but had a reputation for having glass ankles.

Would fit in perfect.

10 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

On the Ross County chat thread I see they are discussing Gary MacKay-Steven who is rumoured to be released by Hearts.

Do you think Robbo has been alerted and Dodds could be making signing here jumping in before County or Motherwell?

He did play as a trialist for us against Clach back must have been 10-11 years ago when Butcher was in charge but had a reputation for having glass ankles.

Would fit in perfect.

Out of our wage budget by at least £1,000 a week.

Edited by Highland Capital