"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Just now, Stephen Malkmus said:

Even a sophist such as yourself must be able to accept that there should be consequences for failure. What does failure in the context of The Caley look like to you and what should the consequences for it be?

League One.

Something like Falkirk.

Disenchantment with the club on and off the park is widespread, dramatic change is required to slow the slide, I was genuinely surprised at the Partick thread on CTO the other day where post after post, from usually middle of the road posters, were earnestly decrying the situation the club is in and many calling for a change.

To the very few posters that are in denial of this mess I suggest they desist from defending the indefensible and take time out to review whats been happening, not only early in the season, but since October.

The club at present has totally disassociated itself from the fans

To have a goalkeeper refusing to come out for a second half is a very serious state of affairs, and as he is obviously part of a team then others in the team will have been sympathetic, think of your own workmates if one had been verbally abused by the management in front of you, how would you react.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Disenchantment with the club on and off the park is widespread, dramatic change is required to slow the slide, I was genuinely surprised at the Partick thread on CTO the other day where post after post, from usually middle of the road posters, were earnestly decrying the situation the club is in and many calling for a change.

To the very few posters that are in denial of this mess I suggest they desist from defending the indefensible and take time out to review whats been happening, not only early in the season, but since October.

The club at present has totally disassociated itself from the fans

To have a goalkeeper refusing to come out for a second half is a very serious state of affairs, and as he is obviously part of a team then others in the team will have been sympathetic, think of your own workmates if one had been verbally abused by the management in front of you, how would you react.

This isn’t true. Ridgers has never refused to play.

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I would be attending happier if that was the case and would probably lay off the Dudds criticism as that is exactly why I am still backing Gregor Townsend, Scotland play some good rugby at times and players put their heart and sole into playing for Scotland, something that a vast majority of ICT players can't say, in fact some should be EMBARRASSED by what they produce on the park!

As for the calls for a complete coaching overhaul, I am in disagreement with that. I get the calls for Dudds and Wilson to go but not Scot Kellacher or the GK coach as I can't think of anything they've done wrong 🤔.  I would even say that Barry Wilson would be harshly treated if he got sacked but understand that a new manager would want his own assistant.

I'm not really fussed about Kellacher and Esson and the former especially have worked under various managers now.  I loved Barry Wilson as a player but there's been talk about his coaching ability and relationship with the players since Jamie McCart was dropped and sold.

Even with all the injuries and our league position at the moment, if there seemed to be some drive from the players and the management, with those above showing some degree of competence then I think people would understand that.  Going to games now is becoming a chore with players who look totally uncoached and even less motivated with a heavy atmosphere being felt by (apparently almost) all.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

My experience couldn't be more divergent as we all agree that our season has been ruined by injuries but there's always next year.

We'll all renew as we always do, so I have to ask if you have some other axe to grind?

You mentioned that you didn't necessarily feel welcome in a volunteering capacity?

As for John Robertson, in context, the cheap shots are to be disregarded for what they are.

You must sit with a very glass half full group. Injuries have had an impact of course but they are by no means the whole picture. 

While I may well renew, the main reason I enjoy the games now is the craic I get with those around me and the time I spend with my daughters. If those things were not present I honestly don't know that I would renew and I've had a ST since moving back to Inverness in 2008.  

There's no axe to grind for me as though I do feel the club is less welcoming and more closed off than in the past, anyone who is involved currently with the Supporters Trust will say how difficult the club is to engage with.  When I was more involved none of the senior management were there at the time (save Kell and Esson maybe) so I'm not sure for whom I'd be grinding my axe. 

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Reported today that Hibs are keeping a close eye on Daniel MacKay during his loan spell but there is no sign of a January recall so that's some good news.

If Hibs lose the two derbies next month Lee Johnson will probably be out on his chorus and verse. Not sure how much of Daniel he's seen since he took over in May. I rolled up there last night and apart from a lively first 15 when Youan was galloping up the left flank, Daniel's position, Hibs were hopeless.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oh my dear Sandy, what have I done, it rather seems you've rumbled me.

You've rightly seen me on the correct path and no mistake.

Sack Dodds 

Sack Wilson 

Sack Kellacher 

Sack Gardiner 

Sack the fitness Mannie 

Sack the goalie 

Tokely, sack Ross Tokely before he even starts and he can take Ryan Essen with him

Whoever made the pies, the 50/50 vendor, the gym equipment, the Christmas party organiser, the stadium announcer, sack them all

The board as well, how frightful that I forgot the board, they're responsible for this befuddlement, so sacked they should jolly well be

hqdefault.jpg

50 minutes ago, sophia said:

Oh my dear Sandy, what have I done, it rather seems you've rumbled me.

You've rightly seen me on the correct path and no mistake.

Sack Dodds 

Sack Wilson 

Sack Kellacher 

Sack Gardiner 

Sack the fitness Mannie 

Sack the goalie 

Tokely, sack Ross Tokely before he even starts and he can take Ryan Essen with him

Whoever made the pies, the 50/50 vendor, the gym equipment, the Christmas party organiser, the stadium announcer, sack them all

The board as well, how frightful that I forgot the board, they're responsible for this befuddlement, so sacked they should jolly well be

You forgot Robertson and Morrison - I expected better for someone as thorough as you, even if it's just trolling.

Also its Esson.

Poor post. Try harder.

Some of our older fans would have been beside themselves with excitement when one of the Old Firm sent a B team up to play a friendly against Caley or Thistle back in the day, and would have viewed a Scottish Cup second round win over the likes of Albion Rovers as a giantkilling.

Thankfully, it seems that those of us who have grown up with senior Highland football clubs holding their own at Scotland's top level have higher standards than this.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Some of our older fans would have been beside themselves with excitement when one of the Old Firm sent a B team up to play a friendly against Caley or Thistle back in the day, and would have viewed a Scottish Cup second round win over the likes of Albion Rovers as a giantkilling.

Thankfully, it seems that those of us who have grown up with senior Highland football clubs holding their own at Scotland's top level have higher standards than this.

We should have been in Scottish senior football many many years before we did, our set ups were just a good, if not better, as many teams south yet Willie Harkness was the main critic who denied us and kept us out.

34 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

You forgot Robertson and Morrison - I expected better for someone as thorough as you, even if it's just trolling.

Also its Esson.

Poor post. Try harder.

Looks like he has finally lost the plot,  he seems to think I am the only one who is criticising the club for no reason whatsoever.

Poor misguided fool.

4 hours ago, The Mantis said:

If Hibs lose the two derbies next month Lee Johnson will probably be out on his chorus and verse. Not sure how much of Daniel he's seen since he took over in May. I rolled up there last night and apart from a lively first 15 when Youan was galloping up the left flank, Daniel's position, Hibs were hopeless.

On his return Daniel appeared sluggish and at times disinterested, he may have felt that being out on loan was a backward career step but he soon bucked up and turned in some really good performances for us, he is talented no doubt and Hibs would benefit with him.

I remember a similar situation with Barry Robson when he came to us after being released by Rangers, Stevie Paterson loaned him out to Forfar for a season and we all know how his career went.