"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Big "let's not bother with a vaccine because my uncle had it and still died from covid" vibes

That would work very well as a retort should I have at any juncture decried sports science but since I didn't, it doesn't.

Try harder.

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

That would work very well as a retort should I have at any juncture decried sports science but since I didn't, it doesn't.

Try harder.

You implied that sports science can't mitigate against impact injuries. It can.

Our club's effectiveness in applying relevant and sound sports science principles, and thereby potentially decreasing injury frequency, has been hampered by various choices made by the board and coaching staff over the past year.

16 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

You implied that sports science can't mitigate against impact injuries. It can.

Our club's effectiveness in applying relevant and sound sports science principles, and thereby potentially decreasing injury frequency, has been hampered by various choices made by the board and coaching staff over the past year.

Once again, no I didn't.

You're not trying harder are you?

You can do better, I know you can.

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Surely some of our players from when we were good must be working their way through their coaching badges now. Owain Tudur Jones is currently coaching at international level* and once headbutted a guy for no reason. Give it to him.

*assistant manager of the Wales C team

He's busy presenting S4C's version of The One Show.

On 26/12/2022 at 16:41, SandyCromarty said:

For sure managers sign duds, Tore Andre Flo at 10 million or so for instance, but managers have to admit that the failure also lies with them, also this blaming all and sundry is ridiculous.

A good Manager takes responsibility for failure, whether it's the players or injuries, the buck as they say stops with him, it's called man management.

The point I'm making is that the week before the blame lay with injuries and a week later it's now that the players, (plural), aren't good enough, and at least 5 of the players on Friday he signed, with that do you honestly trust the guy to sign more players in January?

This I think is where Ian McCall has shown his mettle. We have suffered with injuries justify like ICT and lost 6 consecutive games. We lost not only 4 of our best player but players who were leaders on the park. It was clear that the players coming in were either not up for the challenge or not good enough! All we as fans got out of McCall was "this is the worst injury crisis he had known in his time in football"! There were no personal or collective recriminations but after the Raith game and  behind the scenes I am sure some players were given a real telling off! Result the players stated putting in a shift as a team we got Graham back, Holt and Docherty are on the edges of the first 11 and Fitzpatrick is now proving to be a good deputy for Tiffoney. We are now on a  5 games unbeaten streak (4W 1D).

I don't think we have given our manager enough credit for the turn around given only 1 of our best players is back playing regularly.

On 27/12/2022 at 11:00, sophia said:

Again and for those that were off on the day they taught comprehension

Just dropped in to pass the time in the Championship shut down week and that is gold 5 star put down patter.

On 27/12/2022 at 07:40, approximately dave said:

I agree, but is this talk or online? If so please link or quote source. I liked like to read the reasoning behind this thinking.

How long you supported ICT for? Not alot of fans think. They want to keep living in past glory and are scared of change.

Esson has served the club well but yes it's time for him to move on also. We need a new manager in and let them bring there own staff.

When was the last time we had a manager where he took all his own staff? 

Craig Brewster?

23 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

How long you supported ICT for? Not alot of fans think. They want to keep living in past glory and are scared of change.

Esson has served the club well but yes it's time for him to move on also. We need a new manager in and let them bring there own staff.

Craig Brewster?

I’d say hardly any new manger, if any at all, get rid of every current coach/youth coach to bring in their own guys.

Ive no idea how good a coach/youth manager Esson is or if he is well respected amongst the players/club but you don’t start calling for coaches to be sacked just because they have been here a long time.

6 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Craig Brewster?

I'm just finding out what's been going on, I've been out of the loop on Caley Thistle from before the pandemic and have only seen a handful of games since relegation due to personal problems.

I'm just glad to be back and watching football with my own eyes and I'm actually looking forward to the Cove Rangers match. Its like its all new again and life is back to normal. The enthusiasm is back and It makes me happy, its just f**king normality again :thumsup2 .....erm apart from eating a pie from the shop, they are not normal. That was the lesson of the day.

47 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I'm just finding out what's been going on, I've been out of the loop on Caley Thistle from before the pandemic and have only seen a handful of games since relegation due to personal problems.

I'm just glad to be back and watching football with my own eyes and I'm actually looking forward to the Cove Rangers match. Its like its all new again and life is back to normal. The enthusiasm is back and It makes me happy, its just f**king normality again :thumsup2 .....erm apart from eating a pie from the shop, they are not normal. That was the lesson of the day.

I feel for you couldn't have picked a worse time to follow ICT again😬😅 but we're all in this together! And the club will need all the support it can get hopefully we get a rare victory next Monday🙏 can't take much more of this 

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

Fair play to you. You'll definitely be in the minority though lol.

Virtually everyone I sit with and speak to about ICT are essentially bored or disinterested with them, on the pitch and off it. People who have had season tickets since 94 (and in effect before) saying that if it wasn't for already having a ST they wouldn't be coming. Some also saying that they don't think they'll renew e.g. if our Sporting Director can't be bothered to watch our games when he's been paid why should I bother.

While obviously you want fan's to be happy what's worse than them being angry and pissed off is them just not caring anymore and that's what I'm increasingly seeing. 

Edited by Fraz

6 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Fair play to you. You'll definitely be in the minority though lol.

Virtually everyone I sit with and speak to about ICT are essentially bored or disinterested with them, on the pitch and off it. People who have had season tickets since 94 (and in effect before) saying that if it wasn't for already having a ST they wouldn't be coming. Some also saying that they don't think they'll renew e.g. if our Sporting Director can't be bothered to watch our games when he's been paid why should I bother.

While obviously you want fan's to be happy what's worse than them being angry and pissed off is them just not caring anymore and that's what I'm increasingly seeing. 

My experience couldn't be more divergent as we all agree that our season has been ruined by injuries but there's always next year.

We'll all renew as we always do, so I have to ask if you have some other axe to grind?

You mentioned that you didn't necessarily feel welcome in a volunteering capacity?

As for John Robertson, in context, the cheap shots are to be disregarded for what they are.

I'm just finding it all to be a total slog now.  I don't need to be in the Premiership.  I don't need a team that I expect to win every week.  I don't need the standard to be particularly high.  What we have now though is a team bereft of any oomph or even the slightest hint of entertaining football, a manager who looks increasingly incompetent, a sporting director who has way overstayed his welcome and a CEO who seems to be nothing more than a charlatan.  It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees but we're now dying on our knees and it feels like no-one even cares - including the fans.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm just finding it all to be a total slog now.  I don't need to be in the Premiership.  I don't need a team that I expect to win every week.  I don't need the standard to be particularly high.  What we have now though is a team bereft of any oomph or even the slightest hint of entertaining football, a manager who looks increasingly incompetent, a sporting director who has way overstayed his welcome and a CEO who seems to be nothing more than a charlatan.  It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees but we're now dying on our knees and it feels like no-one even cares - including the fans.

Excuse me, in the digital world of entitlement, the club is generally being judged upon this and the ending 45 minutes of last season was a fine margin.

As for the rest, I'm afraid that it seems to me that you've tuned into an online narrative that has been boosted by a handful of wind up merchants and you've regurgitated their nonsense as fact.

Booting out the senior management team of a sme and hoping for the best isn't something that I think of as conventional successful business strategy.

Apart from that I wholeheartedly agree with your party card idiom. 

36 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I would be attending happier if that was the case and would probably lay off the Dudds criticism as that is exactly why I am still backing Gregor Townsend, Scotland play some good rugby at times and players put their heart and sole into playing for Scotland, something that a vast majority of ICT players can't say, in fact some should be EMBARRASSED by what they produce on the park!

As for the calls for a complete coaching overhaul, I am in disagreement with that. I get the calls for Dudds and Wilson to go but not Scot Kellacher or the GK coach as I can't think of anything they've done wrong 🤔.  I would even say that Barry Wilson would be harshly treated if he got sacked but understand that a new manager would want his own assistant.

4 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I would be attending happier if that was the case and would probably lay off the Dudds criticism as that is exactly why I am still backing Gregor Townsend, Scotland play some good rugby at times and players put their heart and sole into playing for Scotland, something that a vast majority of ICT players can't say, in fact some should be EMBARRASSED by what they produce on the park!

As for the calls for a complete coaching overhaul, I am in disagreement with that. I get the calls for Dudds and Wilson to go but not Scot Kellacher or the GK coach as I can't think of anything they've done wrong 🤔.  I would even say that Barry Wilson would be harshly treated if he got sacked but understand that a new manager would want his own assistant.

David Sole?

54 minutes ago, sophia said:

My experience couldn't be more divergent as we all agree that our season has been ruined by injuries but there's always next year.

We'll all renew as we always do, so I have to ask if you have some other axe to grind?

You mentioned that you didn't necessarily feel welcome in a volunteering capacity?

As for John Robertson, in context, the cheap shots are to be disregarded for what they are.

I don't think we will all renew as usual tbh. Yes we have injuries but they are clearly not the whole story. Speaking to a lot of fans it's worrying how little joy folk are finding within the club just now. Even more worrying a lot of younger fans saying they wouldn't be going if they hadn't pre paid. Folk don't feel part of the club at the moment and those in charge should be concerned 

34 minutes ago, sophia said:

Excuse me, in the digital world of entitlement, the club is generally being judged upon this and the ending 45 minutes of last season was a fine margin.

As for the rest, I'm afraid that it seems to me that you've tuned into an online narrative that has been boosted by a handful of wind up merchants and you've regurgitated their nonsense as fact.

Booting out the senior management team of a sme and hoping for the best isn't something that I think of as conventional successful business strategy.

Apart from that I wholeheartedly agree with your party card idiom. 

Even a sophist such as yourself must be able to accept that there should be consequences for failure. What does failure in the context of The Caley look like to you and what should the consequences for it be?

7 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

I don't think we will all renew as usual tbh. Yes we have injuries but they are clearly not the whole story. Speaking to a lot of fans it's worrying how little joy folk are finding within the club just now. Even more worrying a lot of younger fans saying they wouldn't be going if they hadn't pre paid. Folk don't feel part of the club at the moment and those in charge should be concerned 

They quite clearly are the whole story at this point in history and with the perspective of time "younger" fans will understand.