"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Whoa, hold it right there, you've got my post all wrong!!!!! wind your neck in!!!

Not once have I referred to any podcast.

My post was against the print media, and I started by saying that the article in question mentioned fans plural were in support of the youth team being run out when in fact on reading the article it turned the comment was made by one fan the fact that he is attached to a podcast does not bother me and I wish him all success with his effort.

You have to be aware that these journalists will quote out of context to suit their article and in this case the journo said that the majority of fans supported the youth team when in fact the journo had only talked to your mate.

Good news does not sell newspapers.

If you are regular on here you will know that I have no love of print media journalists who I regard as freeloaders in demanding free parking, free game entry and free hospitality, I have said it many times over the years that these leeches cost the club a lot of money over the season and they do not support football financially unlike the TV companies.

Rock on with your podcast and I'm sure you take plenty of time cautiously compiling it as you didn't obviously do when reading my post.

Ah, fair enough; my apologies if I misinterpreted it. I just assumed the phrase 'would-be journos' must a reference to the named supporter associated with the podcast, and by implication those who do it with him, as whether you think he's befitting of the title or not, Paul Chalk is a working journalist with 20 years' experience. No idea if he's a freeloader though.

27 minutes ago, alsy said:

Ah, fair enough; my apologies if I misinterpreted it. I just assumed the phrase 'would-be journos' must a reference to the named supporter associated with the podcast, and by implication those who do it with him, as whether you think he's befitting of the title or not, Paul Chalk is a working journalist with 20 years' experience. No idea if he's a freeloader though.

Next time you meet him ask how much he pays per game for his main stand seat, parking, pies and sannies at half time etc.

Or you can ask how much he spends on games and travel plus ICT merchandise on a regular basis as you do.

The first time I saw this freeloading was at a Clach pre season game and there was five of the shitehawks in the wee stand, lucky if there were 100 fans at the game, half time three of them made a mad dash for the free teas and pies with the other two shouting 'bring back pies.' the game was not reported on anywhere.

And that was struggling Clach getting by on a weekly basis, these shitehawks have no shame.

Btw they actively trawl these forums on a daily basis looking for shite they can print, they are no friends of any club.

As I mentioned if you are approached by them choose your words carefully.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, if we charged the five press guys who report on our games entry fees we’d probably be in the bidding for Mbappe. 

Tough times right now, any amount over the seasons would be of benefit. 

There was a report in 2021 that Rangers were proposing a £25,000 press access charge per season for journalists to attend matches and pre match conferences, the 'media partnership package' would allow one journalist and one photographer at matches and pre match conferences.

Edited by SandyCromarty

23 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Tough times right now, any amount over the seasons would be of benefit. 

There was a report in 2021 that Rangers were proposing a £25,000 press access charge per season for journalists to attend matches and pre match conferences, the 'media partnership package' would allow one journalist and one photographer at matches and pre match conferences.

There is a demand for Rangers news and this money spinning idea of theirs might work because they are in that very strong position and have friends and allies in the media. Media can quickly cover the cost by increasing the Rangers news articles and writing any old shite which will get lapped up.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle??? Yeah. You see where I'm going here.

16 hours ago, approximately dave said:

There is a demand for Rangers news and this money spinning idea of theirs might work because they are in that very strong position and have friends and allies in the media. Media can quickly cover the cost by increasing the Rangers news articles and writing any old shite which will get lapped up.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle??? Yeah. You see where I'm going here.

Rangers eventually ditched the proposal but it is obvious that feeling and thoughts of how the print media was costing them had become an issue, it is all relevant financially from say ibrox with 30 or so journalists at all home games per season against a crowd of 50,000 plus pre match conferences with snacks provided and then our 5-7 journos against average crowds of 1800. But it is costing clubs and clubs are aware.

Another point to consider is the amount of criticism the club, and Dodds especially, have had over the last few months on CTO and on this forum from paying fans, some have called for the whole coaching staff to be sacked, these postings have been loud and vociferous, even after the last home game as I left the North Stand there were loud anti Dodds shouts.

Fans are rightly angry and yet there has not been, as far as I know, any mention of this in any newspapers and yet these journos actively trawl these forums.

So apparently from their reports even, with a long winless run, the fans feelings have not been wholly reported on.

The answer is simple, if their papers reported at length and strongly on the criticism and on what the fans think then doors at the club would be slammed shut, no free parking, no free game entry and no free pies and hospitality etc etc etc.

So you see reporting on our club will remain biased on good news stories from the club.

And you will continue to have untrue headlines that the majority of ICT fans are in favour of fielding a youth team for a game when in fact the reporter only spoke to one fan because that is what the club wanted published..

That is what this club management think of the fans who pay.

Journalists have no shame in perpetuating this drivel.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Rangers eventually ditched the proposal but it is obvious that feeling and thoughts of how the print media was costing them had become an issue, it is all relevant financially from say ibrox with 30 or so journalists at all home games per season against a crowd of 50,000 plus pre match conferences with snacks provided and then our 5-7 journos against average crowds of 1800. But it is costing clubs and clubs are aware.

Another point to consider is the amount of criticism the club, and Dodds especially, have had over the last few months on CTO and on this forum from paying fans, some have called for the whole coaching staff to be sacked, these postings have been loud and vociferous, even after the last home game as I left the North Stand there were loud anti Dodds shouts.

Fans are rightly angry and yet there has not been, as far as I know, any mention of this in any newspapers and yet these journos actively trawl these forums.

So apparently from their reports even, with a long winless run, the fans feelings have not been wholly reported on.

The answer is simple, if their papers reported at length and strongly on the criticism and on what the fans think then doors at the club would be slammed shut, no free parking, no free game entry and no free pies and hospitality etc etc etc.

So you see reporting on our club will remain biased on good news stories from the club.

And you will continue to have untrue headlines that the majority of ICT fans are in favour of fielding a youth team for a game when in fact the reporter only spoke to one fan because that is what the club wanted published..

I'll take note of what you say and keep an eye for any mention of our support unrest in the popular media.

I don't have a full opinion yet on how good or bad a football manager Billy Dodds is right now, after going to a few games I should see a pattern. I don't form an opinion from newspapers or socia media, I always prefer to see things for myself. One thing though its quite surprising how inexperienced he is as manager at his age. He's a late starter, regardless that he had previous yeras ago as an assistant manager and a contentious role as caretaker manager at Dundee. So he has a large learning curve ahead, increasingly harder to adapt to the older you get. 

Yeah, Dundee fans hate him because he objected to the CVA that saved their club. if we ended up in that situation would the same happen? I can see why Dundee supporters are concerned for our club's future given who is involved at our club.

Did similar thing happen at Dens in the run up to administration in 2010 where fans were kept out of the loop and not invited to meetings?

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Sandy Sandy Sandy 

One or two loudmouths at the game don't a consensus make.

There's one young chap, replete with a thigh girth that is the match of my waist, who sits in the north stand with a volume of rant in inverse proportion to his self awareness.

He doesn't speak for us and neither do several contributors to online forums.

If you want evidence of this, look no further than the Ross Country thread, the reaction their to their most recent manager and contrast that to reality.

The reality for ICT is that there is a crisis.

Normally we declare a crisis if a squad is decimated. Our squad is 10x decimated and no squealing about results should remove or ignore the reality of our situation and anyone who discounts this should be ignored.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Sandy Sandy Sandy 

Sophia, Sophia, Sophia

One or two who constantly defend the regime and refuse to criticise the club online or at a game don't a concensus make either.

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

Sophia, Sophia, Sophia

One or two who constantly defend the regime and refuse to criticise the club online or at a game don't a concensus make either.

I have done neither of the two and I would therefore humbly ask you if you have a substantive point to make?

Also "regime"?

Really?

2 hours ago, sophia said:

I have done neither of the two and I would therefore humbly ask you if you have a substantive point to make?

Also "regime"?

Really?

Oh how ironic you spend your time utilising you're dexterity with language to try impress the image of intellectual superiority yet act dumfounded like a fool when challenged on your position on topics.

Tiresome and really not an individual worth any further engagement.

I shall leave you to spend your time trying to troll Sandy.

9 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Oh how ironic you spend your time utilising you're dexterity with language to try impress the image of intellectual superiority yet act dumfounded like a fool when challenged on your position on topics.

Tiresome and really not an individual worth any further engagement.

I shall leave you to spend your time trying to troll Sandy.

Your playing of the poster rather than debating with depth would indicate that you agree that our season has been ruined by an extraordinary run of injuries?

16 hours ago, sophia said:

Sandy Sandy Sandy 

There's one young chap, replete with a thigh girth that is the match of my waist, who sits in the north stand with a volume of rant in inverse proportion to his self awareness.

He doesn't speak for us and neither do several contributors to online forums.

If you want evidence of this, look no further than the Ross Country thread, the reaction their to their most recent manager and contrast that to reality.

The reality for ICT is that there is a crisis.

Normally we declare a crisis if a squad is decimated. Our squad is 10x decimated and no squealing about results should remove or ignore the reality of our situation and anyone who discounts this should be ignored.

As usual you are right and the majority of us are wrong.

How dare we criticise the football management, after all we don't count really in the scheme of things as we are only required to pay our money and accept the shite that we see at every home game.

Jock Stein was totally wrong when he said that football was nothing without the fans as you have convinced me that ICT would continue strongly with an empty stadium free of over critically fans and local newspapers reporting that all was rosy.

No doubt you are an avid voracious reader of Hans Christian Andersons fairy tales especially his epic, 'The Emperors New Clothes'.

19 hours ago, approximately dave said:

He's starting but with Matthew Strachan having been nominated as captain, I can hear a faint echo of Graham Roberts in Mallaig.

20 hours ago, sophia said:

Your playing of the poster rather than debating with depth would indicate that you agree that our season has been ruined by an extraordinary run of injuries?

Debating in depth, do you think this is the Oxford Union?

Football is a simple game which may surprise you, and fans can soon spot the failings at their club, we are all loyal to the club but not to complain or refuse to acknowledge the obvious does our club absolutely no service.

We had no injuries at the beginning of the season and there were significant defeats then.

As I've said countless times the Ship is mightier than the Crew and all we want is to set our ship on a straight course, and if that means a change of management then so be it.

Ostriches and head in sand comes to mind.

On 30/08/2022 at 17:55, Highland Capital said:

Was told this morning that Gardiner, Robertson and Dodds are each on £150k a year.  Gardiner is an absolute charlatan - every club he's been had he's had some sort of gaffe and when the going gets tough he does his usual disappearing act.  The fact some fans actually seem to like him is maddening.

If this is true then that's some brass neck of Gardiner to go to the media over the electricity bill.

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

That is simply incorrect.

Try harder.

July 23rd            ICT 1 - Cove Rangers 1

July 30th            ICT 1 - Queens Park 1

Aug 6th              Arbroath 0 - ICT 0

Aug 19th             Partick 4 - ICT 1

Aug 27th             ICT 0 - Morton 1

Aug 31st             Motherwell 4 - ICT 0

That's 3 points out of a possible 15 with a full squad.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

July 23rd            ICT 1 - Cove Rangers 1

July 30th            ICT 1 - Queens Park 1

Aug 6th              Arbroath 0 - ICT 0

Aug 19th             Partick 4 - ICT 1

Aug 27th             ICT 0 - Morton 1

Aug 31st             Motherwell 4 - ICT 0

That's 3 points out of a possible 15 with a full squad.

Try harder.

Here's a clue...

"We had no injuries at the beginning of the season"

Is that correct or incorrect?