"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 03/12/2022 at 18:07, bdu98196 said:

Injuries tho........

Sick of hearing that shite now. Style of play and tactics are woeful whether we have everyone fit or not.......we are eye bleeding to watch.

That's like saying your fed up that your granny is still dead.

8 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I believe that what Gardiner says on a fans podcast you can take with a pinch of salt, I have no doubt that the fans podcast is excellent and long may it continue but I would think that is accessed by no more than a few hundred, if that, and Gardiner knows that, what needs to be done is to have a daily news update on the club website, for the fans, concerning injuries and transfer news etc but that won't happen, instead they pump out TV and print media interviews which is probably has less fans access than the podcast given a lot of our fans are based south. 

As a btw, last season I had just purchased a cup ticket and was passing the front door when Gardiner came out saw the ticket in my hand and remarked in a confident manner, wthout me uttering a word, that, 'We're going up this season'.

I hope you're not suggesting that the presenters of the quite excellent podcast were asking dolly questions and didn't press for clarifications?

21 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

If Section 94 want to generate an atmosphere then they should move.  The club asking fans to donate to build a roof on that stand when there's more than enough space for them elsewhere is a complete nonsense.

That's not quite correct though is it 

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We should just boycott it on the basis that playing Hamilton is beneath us

Only for another twelve months, and then you'll both be festering in the seaside leagues, never to return.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

Only for another twelve months, and then you'll both be festering in the seaside leagues, never to return.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Once the airport railway station opens and the A9 is dualled we'll be leaving your shanty town of a club (and town) in the dust

Dodds in the Courier today saying he will be continuing to scour the free transfer market to bolster the squad during the January window. Certainly someone up front and an attacking right sided midfielder should be high up on the list. Attacking options priority.

What do you think about the decision to choose a team of mostly youngsters against Hamilton in the CC,  is this the correct decision by the management team?

Had a read of an article the P&J https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5125135/caley-thistle-fans-get-behind-clubs-decision-to-use-u18s-for-spfl-trust-trophy-tie-with-hamilton/ and it looks like most supporters who gave their opinion were in favour.

Just now, approximately dave said:

What do you think about the decision to choose a team of mostly youngsters against Hamilton in the CC,  is this the correct decision by the management team?

Had a read of an article the P&J https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5125135/caley-thistle-fans-get-behind-clubs-decision-to-use-u18s-for-spfl-trust-trophy-tie-with-hamilton/ and it looks like most supporters who gave their opinion were in favour.

Of course it is. Nobody gives a flying f**k about that shite competition.

Edited by PB1994

3 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Reading the article which says that 'fans' were supportive of the idea it actually turns out that only one fan made the comment.

Shite reporting from a tory rag, the club would be better off financially when these freeloading would be journos start paying at the gate and pay for the freeloading hospitality they beg for like shitehawks.

Times are hard and it's time these freeloaders started paying their way as we do.

If Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove can pay for ST's so can the muckrakers.

As I've said many times before the print media gives no financial help to clubs but take take take and write shite.

So on Monday Billy Dodds announces that he will be fielding a Youth team six days later on Saturday due to injuries.

So after the Dundee defeat on Saturday the following 1st team regulars are injured, Cammy MacKay, Oakley, Daniel Mackay, Carson, Devine, Harper, Duffy, Ram, Shaw, Boyd and Doran.

I hope these lads recover soon from their injuries.

17 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

the club would be better off financially when these freeloading would be journos start paying at the gate and pay for the freeloading hospitality they beg for like shitehawks.

Times are hard and it's time these freeloaders started paying their way as we do.

You're making assumptions and allegations that aren't fair here. I'm a contributor to the same podcast as the supporter you're referring to; I have a season ticket for the club despite living almost 200 miles away and being unable to attend many home games each season, and I bought it because I wanted to support the club financially. Another, much more regular, poster on this thread is similarly a contributor to the podcast and a season-ticket holder despite also living a considerable distance from Inverness. No problem at all with you dismissing or disliking the podcast but making up lies about people you don't know is a shite move.

14 minutes ago, alsy said:

You're making assumptions and allegations that aren't fair here. I'm a contributor to the same podcast as the supporter you're referring to; I have a season ticket for the club despite living almost 200 miles away and being unable to attend many home games each season, and I bought it because I wanted to support the club financially. Another, much more regular, poster on this thread is similarly a contributor to the podcast and a season-ticket holder despite also living a considerable distance from Inverness. No problem at all with you dismissing or disliking the podcast but making up lies about people you don't know is a shite move.

Didn’t one of the podcast members ask for the club to run a bus from the central belt so they, essentially, didn’t have to pay to come to home games? On the Q and A one I believe it was?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Didn’t one of the podcast members ask for the club to run a bus from the central belt so they, essentially, didn’t have to pay to come to home games? On the Q and A one I believe it was?

Yeah, that's correct, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that's purely self-interested, which is what the post I quoted was implying. There's a pretty sizeable group of supporters in the central belt and I suppose the principle behind asking about a bus is that if there was enough demand, then the additional gate money would offset the cost of the bus and bring a tiny bit extra into the club. FWIW, I think that even piloting a scheme like that would be very far down the club's list of priorities and that the focus should be on improving value and the matchday experience to get people from the local area coming back in bigger numbers, but there's no question that the current cost of public transport is reducing the numbers able to travel from further afield, so it's not a completely invalid question.     

1 hour ago, alsy said:

Whoa, hold it right there, you've got my post all wrong!!!!! wind your neck in!!!

Not once have I referred to any podcast.

My post was against the print media, and I started by saying that the article in question mentioned fans plural were in support of the youth team being run out when in fact on reading the article it turned the comment was made by one fan the fact that he is attached to a podcast does not bother me and I wish him all success with his effort.

You have to be aware that these journalists will quote out of context to suit their article and in this case the journo said that the majority of fans supported the youth team when in fact the journo had only talked to your mate.

Good news does not sell newspapers.

If you are regular on here you will know that I have no love of print media journalists who I regard as freeloaders in demanding free parking, free game entry and free hospitality, I have said it many times over the years that these leeches cost the club a lot of money over the season and they do not support football financially unlike the TV companies.

Rock on with your podcast and I'm sure you take plenty of time cautiously compiling it as you didn't obviously do when reading my post.