"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's the countless promotions that we enjoy mate. You should try it sometime.

And the relegations, three in ten years,2013, 2019 and 2022 from the same league which must be a proud record worldwide for Dundee fans.

And I've no doubt that if you win promotion this season you will be relegated again next season as you've no money.

Yo Yo FC should be your new title.

I'm probably now in the Dodds Out camp.  Yesterday showed that our awful form is down to a lot more than injuries - those players looked unmotivated, uncoached and devoid of confidence.  The problem is though is that punting Dodds isn't enough - there has to be an entire regime change.  If Dodds went tomorrow, Robbo would almost certainly be appointed and if it wasn't him it'd be someone else from the Hearts clique.  I could quite easily see the club appointing Gary Locke or someone of that ilk even if better candidates had applied.

There needs to be a regime change before the club can move forward.  I don't need to be in the Premiership or do well in cups or play in Europe nor do I need the standard to be particularly high but it's starting to become a real slog to be a supporter of this club.

Edited by Highland Capital

A prolonged drop in form for us in the Championship under an uninspiring manager puts us in danger of going into a death spiral. Our support has never experienced a season or two of lower half Championship football and it wouldn't surprise me if a decent sized chunk of our season ticket holders find it an easy decision not to renew at the end of the season. I feel that we're more exposed to this happening than other clubs of our size because there isn't an older core support that have ICT in their blood (due to the club's age) and committed younger supporters are unlikely to want to part with the little money they have to watch shite on a fortnightly basis (especially when you have to go to a freezing cold stadium in the middle of nowhere to do it). The cost of not sacking Dodds and the coaching team at this point is potentially a lot higher than doing so.

One thing Gardiner mentioned in the podcast regarding Robertson is that his ability to convince young, quality players to come here on a package that suits the club is one of the reasons his position at the club is justified. That simply hasn't happened in the last season - we've been signing shite. January is a big transfer window for Robertson. Also, a big factor in convincing that level of player to come here is that we are perceived as a club that is competing for promotion every season, which gives players the chance of playing in the top league with us, decent exposure, and the opportunity to develop with competent senior players around them. If we drop from that level for a couple of seasons then that perception disappears. At that point, even the Battery Storage project billions may not be enough to save us.

tl;dr sack Dodds and make sure Robbo uses 50% of his wages on lower league match tickets and petrol money.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

I believe that what Gardiner says on a fans podcast you can take with a pinch of salt, I have no doubt that the fans podcast is excellent and long may it continue but I would think that is accessed by no more than a few hundred, if that, and Gardiner knows that, what needs to be done is to have a daily news update on the club website, for the fans, concerning injuries and transfer news etc but that won't happen, instead they pump out TV and print media interviews which is probably has less fans access than the podcast given a lot of our fans are based south. 

As a btw, last season I had just purchased a cup ticket and was passing the front door when Gardiner came out saw the ticket in my hand and remarked in a confident manner, wthout me uttering a word, that, 'We're going up this season'.

19 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm probably now in the Dodds Out camp.  Yesterday showed that our awful form is down to a lot more than injuries - those players looked unmotivated, uncoached and devoid of confidence.  The problem is though is that punting Dodds isn't enough - there has to be an entire regime change.  If Dodds went tomorrow, Robbo would almost certainly be appointed and if it wasn't him it'd be someone else from the Hearts clique.  I could quite easily see the club appointing Gary Locke or someone of that ilk even if better candidates had applied.

There needs to be a regime change before the club can move forward.  I don't need to be in the Premiership or do well in cups or play in Europe nor do I need the standard to be particularly high but it's starting to become a real slog to be a supporter of this club.

You're not thinking of Craig Levein here?

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Waaaaahh!

Sorry it's the Sun...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9875214/championship-club-announce-school-kids-next-game/amp/

Should he not have a look at his training regime if he has this many injuries?

Pretty much all of our injuries have happened during games. 

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Waaaaahh!

Sorry it's the Sun...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/9875214/championship-club-announce-school-kids-next-game/amp/

Should he not have a look at his training regime if he has this many injuries?

It's hardly national news worthy as top clubs often prefer to give youth a chance in the minor cups, injuries or not.

21 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

It's hardly national news worthy as top clubs often prefer to give youth a chance in the minor cups, injuries or not.

We have all faced major problems in our lives but in the main we just get on with it.

The game is on Saturday this is Monday and to bleat about injuries with 6 days to go is unnecessary.

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's Dodds that's making a big deal about it, not me. 

I'm quite sure Billy Dodds didn't write the club statement and ...........nope not quoted either.

Looks to me like its this writer Alan Potts that's making a big deal of it, must be a slow day in Glasgow. I find it amusing when media feels it has to translate an official club statements for those readers with high foreheads and sore knuckles. The statement is there in the article for anyone who wants to step up a level of reading.

What did the ''proper channels' of the SPFL do wrong here?

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

We have all faced major problems in our lives but in the main we just get on with it.

The game is on Saturday this is Monday and to bleat about injuries with 6 days to go is unnecessary.

The statement itself probably could have been worded better and more to the point but fair enough warning for any travelling support not to expect a similar starting 11 to the Dundee game. Erm... it was considerate to let us know though.

Maybe the game will get called off anyway with all that snow and ice incoming.

Edited by approximately dave