"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

7 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

You don't need "staff" to run a kids party fgs, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers willing to help out!! This club doesn't fail to piss us fans off with the crap they come out with, which isn't a lot seeing as they don't interact with us 😡!

What??

You absolutely do need staff to run a kids party. You can’t just shove a bunch of kids in a room and leave them to it unsupervised. You also can’t just let any old adult turn up and offer their services to look after them. Every adult needs to go through checks before looking after children and quite fucking rightly so.

On 20/11/2022 at 18:03, scamp1909 said:

He's said recently he'd take most job offers as long as the vision/plan was right.

If Caley contacted him I reckon he takes it.

I'm not sure it's his availability that's the stumbling block for your fellow fans.

22 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Enjoyed listening to that, even if Gardiner comes across as liking his own voice a bit much. That being said there’s many clubs where the CEO wouldn’t do something like this so I can’t be too critical of him. 

The original recording pre-edit was around three hours... 😏 

11 hours ago, Fraz said:

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? 

Yeah, I thought the battery farm stuff sounded really positive - especially where he implied without actually stating it that it should generate enough to see an increase in the playing budget - but you're probably right that it's going to take quite a while for us to see the income from that. We should really have asked him to put some sort of timescale on it, an oversight on our part. Re. the west stand roof, there is a meeting of a working group about that next week, so hopefully that's the start of getting the crowdfunding up and running.    

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

You don't need "staff" to run a kids party fgs, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers willing to help out!! This club doesn't fail to piss us fans off with the crap they come out with, which isn't a lot seeing as they don't interact with us 😡!

Anyone helping out at a kids' party these days would have to have PVG clearance even if they're volunteers. Yesterday I was arranging for someone to come in and talk to a group of eight 17-year-old Media students, and I had to be able to guarantee that an adult with PVG clearance would be in the room with him for every second of the visit as he doesn't have  a PVG certificate. It makes organising events far more difficult than it once was but it's necessary, sadly.

I know that lol, it isn't hard to complete a PVG fgs and doesn't take that long to complete so an early announcement of when the party would be would mean that all volunteers could get their PVG back in time for the event!

Some people on here think I'm stupid or really want to start arguments to see how far they can push me ffs well I'll tell you this, I am usually a polite person but the longer I get attacked on here the nastier I'll get 😡!

20 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

Some people on here think I'm stupid or really want to start arguments to see how far they can push me ffs well I'll tell you this, I am usually a polite person but the longer I get attacked on here the nastier I'll get 😡!

What makes you think that?

On 23/11/2022 at 12:29, alsy said:

There's a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle dropping this lunchtime - it's a 90-minute Q&A with Scot Gardiner, speaking to three of us from the pod, Jen from the Supporters' Trust and Dan from Section 94. He talks (at fairly considerable length) about some of the stuff you've mentioned.

I tuned into that today and I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks to all of those whose hard work, commitment and passion made it happen.

I had to chuckle at the very coherence of Scot's take on matters as I juxtaposed his views with the lurid claims made on here and elsewhere.

Where I fundamentally disagreed with him is when he says he gets pee'd off by negative posts from interminably negative posters. All my instincts point me to eschew the negative energy that flows from those that ignore every opportunity for positivity.

I know that lol, it isn't hard to complete a PVG fgs and doesn't take that long to complete so an early announcement of when the party would be would mean that all volunteers could get their PVG back in time for the event!

Some people on here think I'm stupid or really want to start arguments to see how far they can push me ffs well I'll tell you this, I am usually a polite person but the longer I get attacked on here the nastier I'll get [emoji35]!

You’ll make me angry. You won’t like me when I’m angry!!!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ll make me angry. You won’t like me when I’m angry!!!

Your right, you won't!

As for the comment from @sophia on the last page, I don't "think that" I KNOW it, posters just like to pick up on little things that i say . Ok I didn't mention the PVG checks on my post but i thought you guys would understand where I was coming from without the need to mention that. I work with kids myself ffs so I AM aware of PVGs being needed and that, "not everyone off the street can apply to work with kids".  I get that sometimes I don't help myself lol but tbh I'm getting sick of this forum because certain and only CERTAIN posters (your not one btw Sophia) can pick on everything I say that is partly or fully wrong!

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Where I fundamentally disagreed with him is when he says he gets pee'd off by negative posts from interminably negative posters. All my instincts point me to eschew the negative energy that flows from those that ignore every opportunity for positivity.

Really not sure what opportunities for positivity you've got under the current Gardiner-Dodds dream team - while still haemorrhaging money hand over fist.

But at least they can count on mebbe 50 Werther's Originals rustlers like yourself to stay on board for the journey. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Kids' party / staff / PVG thing is a red herring. SG doesn't say if it's a lack of available staff or that he can't afford them but if he reached out to say the Community and Supporters Trust I'm sure it could be covered most will have PVGs anyway.

Either way every Christmas party I went to with my daughters over the last 10 years was a mix of players, ICT Community Trust guys and maybe one or two paid staff. There were also several years where the Supporters Trust (CJT at the time) also helped out. It was free for the kids and the real cost the the club was a selection box and a couple of prizes for pass the bloody parcel etc. I think Subway as a sponsor gave some free subs too. The last year I remember they did start charging to cover a better Santa present which is fair enough.

It's not beyond the wit of man to run a fecking kids Christmas party for an hour and a half good grief. Especially after covid etc it would be a small thing to bring families and kids back to feeling part of the club and having a bit of fun. Fact is the club couldn't be arsed.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Really not sure what opportunities for positivity you've got under the current Gardiner-Dodds dream team - while still haemorrhaging money hand over fist.

But at least they can count on mebbe 50 Werther's Originals rustlers like yourself to stay on board for the journey. 

Just a minute, this risible contribution fails on repetition and deviation rules so the very best I can offer you is 33.3% positivity.

Anyone that actually took the time to listen to the excellent podcast would understand the substantive message. You give no indication that you did or do.

With Red John being consented and car licenced there is now a focus on the clarification of sdes and ldes routes to market to begin the realisation of Scot's plans.

Also, @Fraz, I really do think that when you use phrases like "couldn't be arsed", would you say that's fair?

Edited by sophia
typo

12 hours ago, sophia said:

I tuned into that today and I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks to all of those whose hard work, commitment and passion made it happen.

I had to chuckle at the very coherence of Scot's take on matters as I juxtaposed his views with the lurid claims made on here and elsewhere.

Instead of complaining about negative posts he should address why those posts exist, they are easily categorised.

Negativity is borne out of conflict or disagreement and in the workplace it can be worked through.

In our football club there isn't one workplace but two separate bodies, the fans and the club with very little discourse between the two other than an infrequent podcast involving the club management, and that is the root of the problem and the resulting negativity.

14 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Instead of complaining about negative posts he should address why those posts exist, they are easily categorised.

Negativity is borne out of conflict or disagreement and in the workplace it can be worked through.

In our football club there isn't one workplace but two separate bodies, the fans and the club with very little discourse between the two other than an infrequent podcast involving the club management, and that is the root of the problem and the resulting negativity.

No Sandy, constant negativity is just corrosive and is to be ignored.

At least we've got a Scottish Cup game to look forward to and I certainly am.

I well remember the days of the qualifying cup and the opportunity to actually take part. The following weeks of anticipation of the big game culminating in the actual event itself was joyous.

These days of glory helped form where we are now.

Where we are now is online and reading those that profess to have the interests of the club at heart and get this, have the temerity to boycott a cup game because it is a bit cold.

I'm fully on board with Mr. Gardiner's vision after listening to the podcast. I'm glad he gave the medical staff a bollocking after the Deas situation, as they deserved. All he has to do now is get these projects moving as fast as possible with a positive attitude and get some proper experienced consultants in behind the scenes to drive them through (the good The Caley men at Tulloch). Also, give that Section 94 king a seat on the board.

Re. Kids' parties; just take them to the Aquadome ffs

726fb7.jpg

Just a minute, this risible contribution fails on repetition and deviation rules so the very best I can offer you is 33.3% positivity.
Anyone that actually took the time to listen to the excellent podcast would understand the substantive message. You give no indication that you did or do.
With Red John being consented and car licenced there is now a focus on the clarification of sdes and ldes routes to market to begin the realisation of Scot's plans.

Also, [mention=35358]Fraz[/mention], I really do think that when you use phrases like "couldn't be arsed", would you say that's fair?
Yes I do think it's fair as it's the only conclusion I can come to given how easy it would be to be resolved.

I was one during the 'glory days' who was very much involved and gave heaps of my time to help organise and run many buses, sold merch at the Eastgate pop up shop, helped arrange the supporters train, planned and organised the card display for the SCF and yes helped at a couple kids Christmas parties 🤣 (I do have a PVG).

My engagement and I suppose you could say 'love for the club' has drastically dropped off in recent years for two reasons, one being I don't have nearly as much spare time to devote due to family and other coaching commitments, but I still take my girls to most of the home games.

The other being that I find the club to be dismissive and unresponsive to fans at least in my experience. Emails and phone calls go unacknowledged and unreplied to and, fans forums started then stopped without explanation, questions about it ignored for months, refusal to engage with the Supporters Trust (which while I was involved with years ago, not now), promises of better communication and fan engagement never or rarely happen and it's only on the club's terms when it seems to suit them.

I want nothing more than a successful ICT that people in Inverness are excited for and want to go along to, whatever league we're in. All I see and hear is more and more fans losing interest. Yeah sure, other factors have affected it like Covid or the fact that the ICT social club seems to be more for Rangers fans than ICT ones.

Maybe it's just me, and some of these issues aren't exactly new but if I've paid my money I'm going to say my piece. Funny cos a few years ago I was accused of being a 'happy clapper' [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Yes I do think it's fair as it's the only conclusion I can come to given how easy it would be to be resolved.

I was one during the 'glory days' who was very much involved and gave heaps of my time to help organise and run many buses, sold merch at the Eastgate pop up shop, helped arrange the supporters train, planned and organised the card display for the SCF and yes helped at a couple kids Christmas parties 🤣 (I do have a PVG).

My engagement and I suppose you could say 'love for the club' has drastically dropped off in recent years for two reasons, one being I don't have nearly as much spare time to devote due to family and other coaching commitments, but I still take my girls to most of the home games.

The other being that I find the club to be dismissive and unresponsive to fans at least in my experience. Emails and phone calls go unacknowledged and unreplied to and, fans forums started then stopped without explanation, questions about it ignored for months, refusal to engage with the Supporters Trust (which while I was involved with years ago, not now), promises of better communication and fan engagement never or rarely happen and it's only on the club's terms when it seems to suit them.

I want nothing more than a successful ICT that people in Inverness are excited for and want to go along to, whatever league we're in. All I see and hear is more and more fans losing interest. Yeah sure, other factors have affected it like Covid or the fact that the ICT social club seems to be more for Rangers fans than ICT ones.

Maybe it's just me, and some of these issues aren't exactly new but if I've paid my money I'm going to say my piece. Funny cos a few years ago I was accused of being a 'happy clapper' emoji23.png

None of that justifies your conclusion of can't be arsed