"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 19/11/2022 at 07:37, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ayr, Stirling & Dundee. 

Who do you see as viable replacements?

Kevin Thompson or Shaun Maloney for me.

Thompson needs to further his career and Caley does that just fine. Championship football is obviously a higher level than League 2 and if he gets Caley promoted that's already a good shot at an even better level for him.

Walked League 2 picking up 2.11 PPG, took a 4th Division side to the Scottish Cup RO16 beating St. Johnstone and Montrose on the way there (Both higher league opposition).

Maloney just needs another shot in management. He didn't do all too terribly at Hibs - 6W 6D 7L - and he picked up 42% of available points.

He got Hibs from the 4th round of the Scottish Cup to the Semi and signed Hoff Melkersen, Bushiri and Henderson who still get games for them.

Got to be one of those two if possible.

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If Dodds were to go it’d undoubtedly be one of the Gardiner/Robbo clique. I’d fully expect some clogger like Gary Locke. 

Dodds should not carry the can solely, the other two are just as responsible, shocking that Robertson does BBC punditry on one of our matchdays.

No wins in six games and only three points out of a possible 18.

This is trending the way of last season and we did not have the injuries then, if we had won half of those games we would have been in the Premier this season so I don't see getting into the play offs as any sort of major achievement.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 21/11/2022 at 10:12, SandyCromarty said:

Dodds should not carry the can solely, the other two are just as responsible, shocking that Robertson does BBC punditry on one of our matchdays.

No wins in six games and only three points out of a possible 18.

This is trending the way of last season and we did not have the injuries then, if we had won half of those games we would have been in the Premier this season so I don't see getting into the play offs as any sort of major achievement.

I agree with this Sandy, I mean  what's the point in John Robertson being on our payroll when he clearly likes being a pundit more than what he's PAYED to do (scout players)! I get that the club were being fair to John after his family bereavement but that time has passed now! 

Also, yes Scot Gardiner could be at fault too but I like the guy, though his lack of interaction with us fans is beyond worrying now, we need to hear from this guy as to where we are heading.  I get that we have no money but that doesn't mean we can't increase our squad size by promoting a few more youngsters ready for first team football, our youth team results show that we DO have capable youngsters and I have been advocating for these youngsters ever since the end of last season!

And I kinda agree that Dudds isn't fully to blame but he picks the team and is SUPPOSED to motivate them for matches yet he uses injuries as an excuse, which is getting old now, ffs every team have injuries yet pick up results.  Yes we have a vast number of them but we have proved on occasions that we can pick up results with a depleted squad but unfortunately these moments have been few and  between with inept performances surpassing them which is why imho Dudds has to go, especially if we have any ambition on promotion, though Saturday has earned him a reprieve FOR NOW.

As for a replacement, it's a no to either Kevin Thomson (he'll be Rangers bound as Beale's assistant anyway) or Shaun Maloney.

I would be happy with one from Tommy Wright (did an excellent job at St J), Barry Robson (though that's unlikely) or Graham Alexander.

And before anyone has a go (like the idiots you are!), I don't call for every manager to be sacked, I've backed Gregor Townsend for a while now, even during bad spells last year and this.

Edited by Caley Shaun
Blooming typo lol.

8 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I agree with this Sandy, I mean  what's the point in John Robertson being on our payroll when he clearly likes being a pundit more than what he's PAYED to do (scout players)! I get that the club were being fair to John after his family bereavement but that time has passed now! 

Also, yes Scot Gardiner could be at fault too but I like the guy, though his lack of interaction with us fans is beyond worrying now, we need to hear from this guy as to where we are heading.  I get that we have no money but that doesn't mean we can't increase our squad size by promoting a few more youngsters ready for first team football, our youth team results show that we DO have capable youngsters and I have been advocating for these youngsters ever since the end of last season!

And I kinda agree that Dudds isn't fully to blame but he picks the team and is SUPPOSED to motivate them for matches yet he uses injuries as an excuse, which is getting old now, ffs every team have injuries yet pick up results.  Yes we have a vast number of them but we have proved on occasions that we can pick up results with a depleted squad 

On the point of injuries, my memory's not that great, but didn't we have a run of defeats when we had a full squad at the beginning of the season?

Apologies if I'm wrong.

11 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Also, yes Scot Gardiner could be at fault too but I like the guy, though his lack of interaction with us fans is beyond worrying now, we need to hear from this guy as to where we are heading. 

There's a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle dropping this lunchtime - it's a 90-minute Q&A with Scot Gardiner, speaking to three of us from the pod, Jen from the Supporters' Trust and Dan from Section 94. He talks (at fairly considerable length) about some of the stuff you've mentioned.

23 hours ago, alsy said:

There's a new episode of The Wyness Shuffle dropping this lunchtime - it's a 90-minute Q&A with Scot Gardiner, speaking to three of us from the pod, Jen from the Supporters' Trust and Dan from Section 94. He talks (at fairly considerable length) about some of the stuff you've mentioned.

Enjoyed listening to that, even if Gardiner comes across as liking his own voice a bit much. That being said there’s many clubs where the CEO wouldn’t do something like this so I can’t be too critical of him. 

Has Gardiner done an interview on the podcast yet that isn’t predominantly him making excuses and blaming other people? The stuff about the energy storage facility was interesting but I found much of the rest of it quite a depressing listen. 

22 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I seen a rumour on twitter that our “injured” striker who was on the bench at Greenock is refusing to play. Is that who you’re referring to? 

It was also mentioned on Twitter that Ridgers was also refusing to play but that was/is complete nonsense. He’s been dropped by Dodds.

When the various rumors and factors are assessed, there are no surprises questions are being asked whether the dressing room is lost or we have a squad divided.

Injury crisis ongoing, yet the manager 'drops' our almost ever present, stable and solid goalkeeper to throw in someone with much less experience to work with alternating & make-shift defensive line-ups. Suggestions of players refusing to play, then others seem to be reluctant to return from injury.

While the board will always support Dodds for the reasons we know, the picture painted suggests there being big divisions opening up throughout the squad.

11 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

When the various rumors and factors are assessed, there are no surprises questions are being asked whether the dressing room is lost or we have a squad divided.

Injury crisis ongoing, yet the manager 'drops' our almost ever present, stable and solid goalkeeper to throw in someone with much less experience to work with alternating & make-shift defensive line-ups. Suggestions of players refusing to play, then others seem to be reluctant to return from injury.

While the board will always support Dodds for the reasons we know, the picture painted suggests there being big divisions opening up throughout the squad.

I've no idea if the strike rumour is true but the fact the club seem to keep absolutely everything secret doesn't help matters.  The way Gardiner ducked the question about Ridgers and attacked a fan asking about squad harmony was absolutely pathetic.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I've no idea if the strike rumour is true but the fact the club seem to keep absolutely everything secret doesn't help matters.  The way Gardiner ducked the question about Ridgers and attacked a fan asking about squad harmony was absolutely pathetic.

The strike story is purely speculative and probably driven by some fans frustration at the under performing of the team on the park.

Where I do agree with you is the secrecy regarding news of injuries, it would seem the club prefers to ignore the fans in every way yet will bleat on to a freeloading print media journo thinking they've done enough. Why the f**k should I have to buy a newspaper to find out whats happening within the club when an informative daily news section on their website would be more fan inclusive.

Well it is clearly not enough, you only have to see the difference in RC's behaviour towards their fans in contrast in how we are treated. And then there are clubs which have spreadsheet type injury lists.

What the club fails to understand is that fans, paying the money, can make a difference, sparse stadiums don't pay wages.

I'm boycotting the Stirling Albion game as I just can't be arsed freezing my nuts off watching shite.

Good podcast as always from the lads (and lass in this case). 

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? Between that, other fundraising and maybe some sponsorship surely the (if I heard right) £20k could be reached. 

Sad indictment that we 'don't have the staff' to run a kids Christmas party FFS. 

Also PVG checks usually come back in a couple of weeks so unsure why that's held back Lionel Nessie for months. 

Sounds like dispite Keith Haggart moving to Brechin City he's still working for us too which is odd (he's still a contact on the website).

As has been mentioned many of the issues raised could be avoided if fans weren't on a need to know basis. 

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

Good podcast as always from the lads (and lass in this case). 

Interesting stuff re alternative income streams and the battery farm thing but it'll be years to fruition. He makes the building of a simple roof structure sound like the biggest engineering project since the Queensferry Crossing. Why has crowdfunding not already started for it? Between that, other fundraising and maybe some sponsorship surely the (if I heard right) £20k could be reached. 

Sad indictment that we 'don't have the staff' to run a kids Christmas party FFS. 

Also PVG checks usually come back in a couple of weeks so unsure why that's held back Lionel Nessie for months. 

Sounds like dispite Keith Haggart moving to Brechin City he's still working for us too which is odd (he's still a contact on the website).

As has been mentioned many of the issues raised could be avoided if fans weren't on a need to know basis. 

You don't need "staff" to run a kids party fgs, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of volunteers willing to help out!! This club doesn't fail to piss us fans off with the crap they come out with, which isn't a lot seeing as they don't interact with us 😡!

As for shooting down the fan asking about squad harmony, it's a question we're entitled to hear a straight answer for but tbh it's clear that there IS unrest that needs sorted out otherwise a)players will leave or b)the manager will inevitably be sacked and tbh that is getting closer with every poor result and could even be this coming Monday if, as I fear, Stirling shock us. If they did then Dudds' position becomes untenable.

This player/manager issue seems exactly the same as the Finn Russell/Gregor Townsend debacle which is now close to being resolved, though GT is likely to leave this time next year.

6 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

a)players will leave or b)the manager will inevitably be sacked

a) Yes when contracts expire players may choose to leave, what will be more telling is ability to recruit. Not just the financial & logistical challenges but also nobody wants to join a toxic working environment

b) I'm not sure why so many of our fans fail to understand this wont happen. While the results and perhaps even other factors such as direction & style of play are contributing factors, yes it might be nice to change the structure, however BD will NOT get sacked. He was hand picked by Gardiner therefore unless BD leaves or contract expires then he is here for the duration - he will not be headhunted that's for sure!!! The only factor that would drive this to change is if there was huge fan unrest to the point SG felt his position was at risk and acted in self-preservation.