"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The Partick game showed the difference between a defence of Carson-Broadfoot-Devine-Deas as we had last season and a much younger back four as we had on Friday night. In games at the tougher away grounds the cumulative inexperience of a defence like that will tell.

As long as we get Devine back soon it shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of how much impact it will have on our season overall. Also, I still don't see Harper as a starting fullback - he reminds me of Stephen O'Donnell for Scotland in that he doesn't add particularly much but is frustratingly competent enough not to get dropped and benefits from us not having another left back. Carson-Devine-Delaney-Deas might be worth a try.

8 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

As long as we get Devine back soon it shouldn't be too much of a problem in terms of how much impact it will have on our season overall. Also, I still don't see Harper as a starting fullback - he reminds me of Stephen O'Donnell for Scotland in that he doesn't add particularly much but is frustratingly competent enough not to get dropped and benefits from us not having another left back. Carson-Devine-Delaney-Deas might be worth a try.

Delaney is apparently actually a left-back but we've still never seen him play there.  One thing that I noticed against Cove was that Harper's positioning is awful - Cove had a few attacks that came from them putting the ball into the empty space he'd left behind.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

It’s all fine margins isn’t it.

Hopefully it is just a one off. It is very early in the season but you don’t really have the luxury of having a bad start and recovering well in this division. 

It always is. Its genuinely a league where if you can put a run of more than 2 or 3 wins together then you can jump up the board very quickly - keeping key players fit and building some momentum is going to be key. Its been some years since we saw a club 'cigar' this division and it looks like this will be the same.

Its having that solid base with bit of spark that can turn draws into wins which would take us outwith the pack, but I'm not sure we have within our ranks consistently enough.

Packed pod out now featuring the usual game reviews and lookaheads, interviews with Danny MacKay and Tom Walsh, Jennifer Aitchison of the ICT Supporters Trust speaks to @alsy about the functions of the Trust and how you can get involved to help them out with their aims and the winner of the signed Robbie Deas shirt is announced. Just in time for the game tomorrow...

59 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Sounds like STFU on CTO was right then - Caleyboy will be gutted.

Not surprised at the news, Bocelli and a full orchestra with accommodation and travel costs meant unrealistic ticket pricing for the area, Duran Duran are so passe they couldn't fill a phone box.

Soon as I got the e-mail just priot to the event offering 2 for  I knew there was a ticketing problem.

Van Morrison at Belladrum was the real deal.

In hindsight a professional concert organising company would have advised them against it.

Bound to be a knock on effect with the club due to legal applications for lost 3rd party income.

No new players coming in now so we're stuck with Oakley and Shaw.

Not seeing very good performances from the team, manager or the board just now are we?

Not that we will ever know, but wonder how much of the profits if this venture had been successful would have been fed back into the club V's out into the pockets of those involved as expenses, salaries & dividends. A cynical skeptic might wonder if all this was just a way to utilise the stadium & facilities for minimal outlay for what was hoped to be a money making event.

All reminds me of the catering contract controversy a few years ago..................

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Not seeing very good performances from the team, manager or the board just now are we?

Not that we will ever know, but wonder how much of the profits if this venture had been successful would have been fed back into the club V's out into the pockets of those involved as expenses, salaries & dividends. A cynical skeptic might wonder if all this was just a way to utilise the stadium & facilities for minimal outlay for what was hoped to be a money making event.

All reminds me of the catering contract controversy a few years ago..................

Interesting take.

Whatever the outcome, by using the Club name in setting up a concert company, which is now in financial difficulties, the football club becomes tainted.

Piss ups and breweries comes to mind.

Can't believe what I'm reading on CTO - surely we didn't give John 'Bomber' Brown a club email address and put him in charge of organising these concerts? Is this some weird *** money laundering scheme? Gardiner out.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

43 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can't believe what I'm reading on CTO - surely we didn't give John 'Bomber' Brown a club email address and put him in charge of organising these concerts? Is this some weird *** money laundering scheme? Gardiner out.

TBF, its hard to read much of whats on there, but for several years now since the current administration came in there has been highest order nepotism and 'jobs for the funny handshake gang down the lodge boys'. There is a lack of impartiality with the board and management and while results both on and off-field are acceptable nobody questions or gives a second glance and its shot down when raised.

4 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

TBF, its hard to read much of whats on there, but for several years now since the current administration came in there has been highest order nepotism and 'jobs for the funny handshake gang down the lodge boys'. There is a lack of impartiality with the board and management and while results both on and off-field are acceptable nobody questions or gives a second glance and its shot down when raised.

I always remember these comments from Gardiner after appointing Dodds; properly telling on himself. The amount of winking going on between Gardiner and Dodds when they were having these conversations must have set some kind of record.

image.png.0549925f2f6b22c9742bc4d6aa9cd4ca.png

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

My only hope is “John Brown” must be a fairly common name and there’s a case of mistaken identity. I can’t see any proof other than “STFU” is adamant it’s Bomber 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My only hope is “John Brown” must be a fairly common name and there’s a case of mistaken identity. I can’t see any proof other than “STFU” is adamant it’s Bomber 

Agreed, but consider - Who was at Dundee when Bomber was put in charge?

13 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Turns out he's talking shite - it's another John Brown https://uk.linkedin.com/in/john-brown-7773b648