"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

18 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Having them on the same weekend as Skippinish and Texas, where people had already bought tickets pre-covid before these 2 were announced, was never a clever idea.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I mean who the f**k still listens to Duran Duran?  They haven't been a thing for 30 years.  I'm guessing a certain high ranking ICT official just got his favourite act booked, without thinking if any other c**t would turn up to see them.

It's like me booking the Super Furry Animals, no fucker would turn up to see them, but I think they're superb.

And who'd pay over £100 to see them especially when Bocelli was on the night before who was also over £100 and at a time when hotels in Inverness can easily be over £200.  For a couple going to both nights you're probably talking near a grand here when you include meals and travel if they were to go to both gigs.  Duran Duran play around the UK regularly as well so few are going to travel from anywhere outside of the Highlands unless they're a diehard fan...and I doubt Duran Duran have many diehard fans anymore.

Even Inverness-based people who wanted to go to both probably picked either one or the other.  

Edited by Highland Capital

14 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

Think Logan Chalmers will be going out on loan again this season, did ok for you last season?

He scored some very nice goals for us but I think he flattered to deceive a lot of the time. Showed some nice flashes of talent but other times he was pretty quiet.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Chalmers played at a high energy level which you can get with younger players, at times it paid off for him.

If he is going out on loan again it would appear that Utd's coaching staff feel he isn't ready for the step up.

Sounds like Tom Walsh and Bill King 

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I think the fact most of his goals were humdingers made his standing with some fans a lot higher than it really should’ve been. Definitely some talent in there but a passenger a lot of the time. 

yeah he has a very good strike on him, i have heard he may be going on loan to England

4 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Sounds like Tom Walsh and Bill King 

Yes Walsh and King were Rangers and Hearts Academy players respectively and both debuted for their first teams but then moved on, Chalmers could head the same way.

Happens a lot.

Edited by SandyCromarty

57 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Should get the full band back together, whats Lewis Horner and Tarmo Kink upto these days? 

It would appear that Tarmo has received a knighthood at some point as it's Sir Tarmo now! 

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

In all seriousness, it's good to see Gary Warren playing the long game to put himself in contention to be our manager in a couple of years' time

As much as I love Gary Warren, I don’t ever want to go down that road again.

If Gary Warren or any other ex-player was to get the job it should be on merit and not nostalgia.  If anything I usually prefer a outsider coming in than one of the usual faces or inward appointments - the adage of "he knows the club!" isn't always the zinger some people think it is.