"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Up in Inverness this weekend for the day/night. Are there any pubs that the good members of PnB would recommend? A late pub with nice vibes would be ideal. 

If there's some sort of day activity nearby that'd be nice, outwith the black Isle one are there many nearby? 

Big thanks x

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Up in Inverness this weekend for the day/night. Are there any pubs that the good members of PnB would recommend? A late pub with nice vibes would be ideal. 

If there's some sort of day activity nearby that'd be nice, outwith the black Isle one are there many nearby? 

Big thanks x

I'm not sure about what late pub folk would recommend, I'm living in Glasgow now, I'm sure someone will recommend somewhere.

For something to do during the day, if the weather is good the cruise boats along the Caledonian Canal out to Loch Ness are really good.  I've taken a few friends from england on these and they've always really enjoyed it.  There is a bar on board too!
I think the company is called Caledonian Cruises or something like that.  No idea if that's your thing but if the weather is good it's worth it.

Have fun! 🍻

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Big thanks x

Depends what you're idea of a good vibe is really.  If you're of a certain age then Foxes (open until 3)or the Gellions are good at the weekend but very busy.  If you're younger then Revolution or The Den (both also open until 3) may be you're thing.  I'm not sure about Botanic House (formerly G's nightclub) as I haven't been there since it became that, so I don't know if it's always open or just for live music. Most of the other pubs shut at 12 I think.

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Big thanks x

Culloden Battlefield is another option, there is an interesting visitor centre plus audio guides for walking the battlefield, there use to be guides in old highland outfits which took groups round but I don't know if they're still there.

The Clave Cairns are a free visit about a mile down the back of Culloden, they're thousand of years old.

And then there is Cawdor Castle a few miles towards Nairn. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

4 hours ago, KingBeastie said:

I'm not sure about what late pub folk would recommend, I'm living in Glasgow now, I'm sure someone will recommend somewhere.

For something to do during the day, if the weather is good the cruise boats along the Caledonian Canal out to Loch Ness are really good.  I've taken a few friends from england on these and they've always really enjoyed it.  There is a bar on board too!
I think the company is called Caledonian Cruises or something like that.  No idea if that's your thing but if the weather is good it's worth it.

Have fun! 🍻

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Depends what you're idea of a good vibe is really.  If you're of a certain age then Foxes (open until 3)or the Gellions are good at the weekend but very busy.  If you're younger then Revolution or The Den (both also open until 3) may be you're thing.  I'm not sure about Botanic House (formerly G's nightclub) as I haven't been there since it became that, so I don't know if it's always open or just for live music. Most of the other pubs shut at 12 I think.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Culloden Battlefield is another option, there is an interesting visitor centre plus audio guides for walking the battlefield, there use to be guides in old highland outfits which took groups round but I don't know if they're still there.

The Clave Cairns are a free visit about a mile down the back of Culloden, they're thousand of years old.

And then there is Cawdor Castle a few miles towards Nairn. 

Thank you very much gents! 

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Hearing there might be more truth to the rumour on CTO than some might think.

No problem if so. My understanding - from credible sources - is that our new sponsorship deal with FootAsylum has netted the club a cool £1,000,001.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

No problem if so. My understanding - from credible sources - is that our new sponsorship deal with FootAsylum has netted the club a cool £1,000,001.

Regardless if it's true or not, it seems to concerts had quite a few problems.  Having them back to back was never going to work - seemingly the Duran Duran one was poorly attended and the Bocelli one was marred with problems. 

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Regardless if it's true or not, it seems to concerts had quite a few problems.  Having them back to back was never going to work - seemingly the Duran Duran one was poorly attended and the Bocelli one was marred with problems. 

Why is that?

Didn't seem to be the case for Hyde Park this summer.

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

Why is that?

Didn't seem to be the case for Hyde Park this summer.

Having them on the same weekend as Skippinish and Texas, where people had already bought tickets pre-covid before these 2 were announced, was never a clever idea.

Edited by PB1994

I mean who the fuck still listens to Duran Duran?  They haven't been a thing for 30 years.  I'm guessing a certain high ranking ICT official just got his favourite act booked, without thinking if any other cunt would turn up to see them.

It's like me booking the Super Furry Animals, no fucker would turn up to see them, but I think they're superb.