"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

12 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

ANNOUNCE PERRY KITCHEN!?!?

If they don’t announce him holding a scarf up behind the counter of the pie shop in the main stand I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep supporting this club.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I can't call the Cove result on Saturday.  They've been absolutely shite so far by all accounts but they always play well against us.

I was all for playing a few more of the kids and fringe players, under the assumption that anything but a big Cove win would have us top the group and seeded. 

I see today though that we’ll need to win by a few to have a good chance of being seeded, due to the increased Euro positions:

“There are just 3 seeded places up for grabs in the last 16 of the League Cup with the 5 Euro hopefuls joining at that stage, all of whom are seeded.

The best 3 group winners will all take a seeded place.

Similarly there are just 3 spots open to the best runners up this season.

Aberdeen (+9), Dundee (+7), Arbroath (+6), Inverness CT (+6) are the only sides with perfect records going into the last round of fixtures.

All of these are at home at the weekend.

Aberdeen host Raith
Dundee host Forfar
Arbroath host Airdrie
ICT host Cove”

*source = Pie&Bovril Twitter

Edited by RossP

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye so basically the other 3 sides will win so we probably wont be seeded.

Unless Billy uses Cove as a test of our strongest formation against a team in our league to see how the season may pan out.. 

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Unless Billy uses Cove as a test of our strongest formation against a team in our league to see how the season may pan out.. 

Cove had their strongest team out on Tue, including Vigurs, when they got beat by Kelty so I foresee no change for them, for us I would start with virtually the same formation as last game but bolster it with Delanay and Boyd from the start.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Cove had their strongest team out on Tue, including Vigurs, when they got beat by Kelty so I foresee no change for them, for us I would start with virtually the same formation as last game but bolster it with Delanay and Boyd from the start.

Close but we rotated a few; were missing Stuart McKenzie in goal, Scott Ross at CB, Blair Yule at CM and Leitch who is an improvement over Leighton McIntosh who started. Probably Rory as well.

So 4 or 5 down from our strongest lineup. Suspect in the next month we'll take in signings and our starting lineup will look different.

Pride and momentum only to play for. You boys are safely through to the next round 👏

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm not sure on the formation.

At times in the first half it seemed to be 4 - 1 - 1 - 4 and with MacGregor working to get up to speed, we were more lucky than good.

Actually, I've changed my mind, the intent behind the formation was robust enough but perhaps not losing possession horribly is something that could be mostly avoided.

I do hope Iain Vigurs gets a game as reacquainting would be a pleasure.