"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How was Daniel Mackay with you guys?

Apparently close to joining us on loan for the season

Posted on your thread a day or two ago. He's definitely not a 10 as one of your fans seemed to think.

Like Todorov he had a 6-8 week purple patch in February/March 2021 that got him a move, I was delighted we kept hold of MacGregor instead.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How was Daniel Mackay with you guys?

Apparently close to joining us on loan for the season

John Robertson had great faith in him, he drove to York to pick Mackay up after a Scotland youth game against England, where he scored, so that Mackay could appear for us in a final, then the next year Robbo loaned him out to Elgin.

No doubt he played well for us and then came the transfer but since then the shine has went off his shite at Hibs with a loan to Killie and now you guys this season, seems like his star has waned.

John Robertson had great faith in him, he drove to York to pick Mackay up after a Scotland youth game against England, where he scored, so that Mackay could appear for us in a final, then the next year Robbo loaned him out to Elgin.
No doubt he played well for us and then came the transfer but since then the shine has went off his shite at Hibs with a loan to Killie and now you guys this season, seems like his star has waned.
He liked this review so much he's away back to you according to The Sun.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Great news.

The nutmeg on Vigurs was a quite magnificent thing, a balletic movement that was poetry disguised as sport and for that alone he has my unstinting support.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:
Just now, SandyCromarty said:

So if the Sun is to be believed he's coming home?????

The Sun saying he will reject moves to Raith, Dunfermline and Ayr to sign for us. Would be happy with that. An additional wide man and he can play up top if needed. Gives us numbers in the wide areas until Walsh and Sutherland get fit again as well.

If we get the MacKay deal done is that likely to be our transfer business completed?

Goalkeepers - Ridgers and Mackay
Defenders - Deas, Carson, Harper, Devine, Duffy, Ram, Delaney and Nicholson
Midfield - Allardice, MacGregor, Walsh, Welsh, Shaw, Boyd, Hyde and MacKay (TBC)
Strikers - Mckay, Samuels, Oakley, Sutherland

Have I missed anyone?

Obviously there are still questions as to whether Deas might stay with us but if he does I'd say our squad is probably set for the new campaign. A little worried at the potential lack of creativity in the wide areas but hopefully Shaw and Boyd can be inspired signings. An overreliance on Mckay for goals is also a little concerning. Oakley and Samuels will definitely need to chip in with a few strikes themselves.

If we could find a fairly proper right back then that would be perfect. I’d maybe like to see another central midfielder as well - preferably someone with a bit of grit. I don’t think we’ve ever really replaced Draper in that sense.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

If we could find a fairly proper right back then that would be perfect. I’d maybe like to see another central midfielder as well - preferably someone with a bit of grit. I don’t think we’ve ever really replaced Draper in that sense.

I guess though if we find the RB then Carson can play CM and provide that grit?

I guess though if we find the RB then Carson can play CM and provide that grit?

To some degree. Carson seems to be our one player with a bit of bite but I’d like to see a proper destroyer in there. Carson strikes me as more of a box-to-box midfielder.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

If we get the MacKay deal done is that likely to be our transfer business completed?

Goalkeepers - Ridgers and Mackay
Defenders - Deas, Carson, Harper, Devine, Duffy, Ram, Delaney and Nicholson
Midfield - Allardice, MacGregor, Walsh, Welsh, Shaw, Boyd, Hyde and MacKay (TBC)
Strikers - Mckay, Samuels, Oakley, Sutherland

Have I missed anyone?

Obviously there are still questions as to whether Deas might stay with us but if he does I'd say our squad is probably set for the new campaign. A little worried at the potential lack of creativity in the wide areas but hopefully Shaw and Boyd can be inspired signings. An overreliance on Mckay for goals is also a little concerning. Oakley and Samuels will definitely need to chip in with a few strikes themselves.

There's the young boys Riddle, Hennem, Thompson and Cairns in the first team as well. But with quite a big squad, I'd expect they'll all go out on loan. Probably Nicolson too with Delaney in.

Not the game changer signing we'd hoped for but still just about good enough a squad to compete for the title. Before Dan wea coming back. I'd of said we'd need a fit Walsh for long enough playing, well to have a hope.

Oh. And I reckon Samuals will outscore McKay if he gets as much game time.