"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don’t get that signing at all.

Seen a few fans saying this, I think I’m remembering a totally different player.

He was very poor at the start of his first spell in what was a flung together side IIRC however he was significantly improved by the time he left. If he’s anything near the level he was before departing, he’s a very good option to have and something different to what we’ve got already.

Given how Samuels played during the playoffs surely it’s him and Billy up top?

5 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

Seen a few fans saying this, I think I’m remembering a totally different player.

He was very poor at the start of his first spell in what was a flung together side IIRC however he was significantly improved by the time he left. If he’s anything near the level he was before departing, he’s a very good option to have and something different to what we’ve got already.

Given how Samuels played during the playoffs surely it’s him and Billy up top?

I think we need wingers more than George Oakley. We only usually sign 4 or 5 players in the summer.

It would be pretty foolish to go into the season with Mckay and Samuels as our only two strikers. Oakley is a different kind of forward to the others so I think it makes complete sense bringing him in. It's always good to have options. Hopefully we can get a winger in if we make any other signings. Possibly wating to see what Uniteds plan is for Chalmers.

Edited by SteveAn

3 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

It would be pretty foolish to go into the season with Mckay and Samuels as our only two strikers. Oakley is a different kind of forward to the others so I think it makes complete sense bringing him in. It's always good to have options. Hopefully we can get a winger in if we make any other signings. Possibly wating to see what Uniteds plan is for Chalmers.

We wouldn’t have been going into the season with only Mckay and Samuels as strikers…

Not a glamour signing but it's a solid option. Experienced player and probably not on big money so fits into our budget with a willingness to come to the club / area. Everyone in the league is looking for that free player who could score 15 to 20 goals a season on peanuts - its a gamble

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think we need wingers more than George Oakley. We only usually sign 4 or 5 players in the summer.

I overheard Scot Gardiner saying we need 7 or 8 at Aaron Doran’s testimonial event, due to Sutherland and Walsh’s injuries. 

13 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hopefully Caley Shaun can make a list of good guys and bad guys in The Caley's online fanbase so we all know where we stand once and for all.

We really don’t need this kind of in-fighting ahead of the upcoming The Caley invincibles season. Caley Shaun should be consigned to the Dundee thread for life if this keeps up. 

4 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

We really don’t need this kind of in-fighting ahead of the upcoming The Caley invincibles season. Caley Shaun should be consigned to the Dundee thread for life if this keeps up. 

Don't blame me, @TheScarfhas taken a strange dislike towards me so he should wheesht 😡!

How the hell am I supposed to know positions of players that don't even play for us, I'm not bloody psychic ffs!

22 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Anyone remember the Oakley chant? Super Georgie Oakley or something like that

Super Georgie Oakley, he fucking hates the county, he never gives the ball away. And repeat.

The words are awful tbf but the tune is catchy.

Edited by PB1994

4 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Don't blame me, @TheScarfhas taken a strange dislike towards me so he should wheesht 😡!

How the hell am I supposed to know positions of players that don't even play for us, I'm not bloody psychic ffs!

He’s played up front against us for the last 2 years. That would be a good start.

4 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Post on Shaun, your brain teaser posts are unique.