"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye Lewis Nicolson is huge for a left back, and really powerful. Folk were bouncing off Cairns too. A special mention to Robbie Thompson though, boys a player. Looks like a young Ryan Christie the way he plays. 

I think Lewis Nicolson is already better than Cameron Harper.  Think this season is last chance saloon for Harper.

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I think Lewis Nicolson is already better than Cameron Harper.  Think this season is last chance saloon for Harper.

Yeah I'd agree with both points.

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I wasn’t at any of the games when Nicolson got on last season but agree that Harper needs to up his game big time. He’s largely ineffective out on the wing but hopefully he’ll kick on. I’m sure he and Roddy are both tied down until 2024 so plenty of time for him to improve. 

Aye Harper hasn’t really improved as he was expected to when he broke through in the Covid season. He’s definitely stagnated. As mentioned above I think this season is his last chance. 

Hibs reportedly keen to punt Danny Mckay out on loan - any chance we might pursue that? I know nothing about the guy's background but does he have family or that local which might help influence?

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

After several weeks of rumors, the New York Red Bulls finally confirmed the signing of Cameron Harper. The 19-year-old was acquired for an undisclosed fee and will notably join the club on a permanent basis in an offseason when the Red Bulls have earned attention for a high ratio of loan signings.

Yeah…..that’s not our one. That’s the Celtic one. Do you work for the Daily Record?

Just now, bdu98196 said:

Hibs reportedly keen to punt Danny Mckay out on loan - any chance we might pursue that? I know nothing about the guy's background but does he have family or that local which might help influence?

When asked in January by Maloney if he wanted to come back here on loan, he apparently laughed at him, so he was punted to Killie.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

When asked in January by Maloney if he wanted to come back here on loan, he apparently laughed at him, so he was punted to Killie.

Was a good enough option to get him his 'big' move though. Hopefully not a case of getting an ego thinking he's 'billy big baws' and better than ICT as an option (if that was the case he'd be doing better at the level he is), or is there other behind the scenes issues with people or structure of the club.

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not for me. Similar player to Samuels.

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I've edited your post to remove the insipid highland cringe

You clearly don’t understand football that well m8.

Remember that part of the official line about releasing Tremarco was because they had such faith about Harper's ability to slip into his position effectively.  It should've probably been taken with a big pinch of salt but that's what they said.  He's looked alright on the left wing but by and large he's been absolutely rubbish at left-back.  Considering he was kept out most of last season by a centre-back in his position and there's already a youth prospect looking better than him in there you'd think his days are numbered unless he makes big strides this season.

Edited by Highland Capital

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Remember that part of the official line about releasing Tremarco was because they had such faith about Harper's ability to slip into his position effectively.  It should've probably been taken with a big pinch of salt but that's what they said.  He's looked alright on the left wing but by and large he's been absolutely rubbish at left-back.  Considering he was kept out most of last season by a centre-back in his position and there's already a youth prospect looking better than him in there you'd think his days are numbered unless he makes big strides this season.

Tremarco was expensively done and don't be fooled by spin.

I like to accentuate the positive but that aside, I think we are in agreement.

How on earth are people judging one young lad who has had a game vs Clach in a senior strip and a decent U18 season against someone who is developing into a first team left back position.  That’s utterly insane. It is generally accepted it takes more time for defenders to develop to the adult game. Harper was given a roasting in a couple of pre season games last season and never got back in. He can only be 20? To rubbish such a talent that the club has nurtured at length is just ridiculous. 

Edited by Ott
Correction