"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Good luck to the kid but that statement... *inhales through teeth*

I'm all for releasing something that bigs up the youth setup but that fawning over Rangers was nauseating pish.

teamamericasick.gif

Edited by RiG

He can say ‘fuck the Caley, rule Brittania, WATP GSTQ’ for all I care as long as Rangers gave us good paper for the guy. 

Everyone in Scottish football knows Gardiner is the biggest *** in the country so there’s no point in him trying to hide it. 

It’s nice to see such a lovely statement from a fellow SPFL club, even if it is one as vile as ICT. It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC

1 hour ago, G51 said:

It’s nice to see such a lovely statement from a fellow SPFL club, even if it is one as vile as ICT. It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC the self styled Rangers of the north.

I fixed that for you to include their full name 

I found large parts of Gardiner on the podcast really quite depressing.  There was very little of substance and a lot of it was business-speak with his usual "We'd like to do this and we'd like to do that" and "We wanted to do this but we weren't allowed to".  It did little to make me excited for the season ahead.

Edited by Highland Capital

6 hours ago, G51 said:

It makes me hate them a little bit less for trampling all over the grave of Caledonian FC

Fecking hell that happened 28 years ago get over it. ICT have turned into the most successful club in the Highlands so it was a move that paid off very well. Not only have we done the city of Inverness proud we have done a great job for the whole of the Highlands. When it comes to "vile" clubs Rangers is right up there at the top. So you enjoy supporting the **** 👍

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was pretty cool seeing us winning 10-0 tonight but that’s the worst Clach team I’ve ever seen. 

Quite a number of ex ict youth in there. I really wish we’d link up with them properly. 

9 hours ago, Ott said:

Quite a number of ex ict youth in there. I really wish we’d link up with them properly. 

I think their style of play didn’t help. Trying to play it out from the back will never end well. 

Edited by TheScarf

One think that struck me last night was that for the first time our youth players coming through seem to be massive.  Ethan Cairns, Lewis Nicolson and Lewis Hyde are absolute units.  Maybe aside from Shane Sutherland even most of the players who make it through to the first team seemed very slight - Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, even Graeme Shinnie to some degree.  I don't ever recollect us having a youth player as broad as Lewis Hyde at that before.

59 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

One think that struck me last night was that for the first time our youth players coming through seem to be massive.  Ethan Cairns, Lewis Nicolson and Lewis Hyde are absolute units.  Maybe aside from Shane Sutherland even most of the players who make it through to the first team seemed very slight - Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, even Graeme Shinnie to some degree.  I don't ever recollect us having a youth player as broad as Lewis Hyde at that before.

I need his workout plan. Hopefully he has a discount code.

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Aye Lewis Nicolson is huge for a left back, and really powerful. Folk were bouncing off Cairns too. A special mention to Robbie Thompson though, boys a player. Looks like a young Ryan Christie the way he plays.