"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Wonder who the English manager was we nearly appointed last season.

I was left wondering who the player on trial is / was. Irish, name ends in a "Y". Could it be...

Spoiler

adam-rooney-penalty-18805968.jpg

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Wonder who the English manager was we nearly appointed last season.

I was intrigued by this too, to the extent that I had a wee dig. Most likely candidate is Mark Cooper. Five years at Forest Green, during which time he took them out of the National League into League Two, so a decent pedigree, appointed to the Barrow job on 28th May, which pretty much fits in with the 'three days before' comment Gardiner made (Dodds was appointed on 1st June), and has subsequently lost that job.   

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was left wondering who the player on trial is / was. Irish, name ends in a "Y". Could it be...

Reveal hidden contents

adam-rooney-penalty-18805968.jpg

Spoiler

The Deleted Scenes From Father Ted's All-Priests Over 75s Challenge Match |  Balls.ie

IMO

36 minutes ago, alsy said:

I was intrigued by this too, to the extent that I had a wee dig. Most likely candidate is Mark Cooper. Five years at Forest Green, during which time he took them out of the National League into League Two, so a decent pedigree, appointed to the Barrow job on 28th May, which pretty much fits in with the 'three days before' comment Gardiner made (Dodds was appointed on 1st June), and has subsequently lost that job.   

Was trying to work this out this with someone last night and given the clues (Gardiner said it was a manager we would have heard of) and they proposed Kenny Jackett.  Would Barrow pay a manager double what we would?  Leyton Orient definitely would at the very least.

Edited by Highland Capital

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was trying to work this out this with someone last night and given the clues (Gardiner said it was a manager we would have heard of) and they proposed Kenny Jackett.  Would Barrow pay a manager double what we would?  Leyton Orient definitely would at the very least.

I think Barrow would certainly be able to pay a bit more than us; there's a bit of money behind them and their crowds are a little better than ours. I'd heard of Cooper before because of all the hype around Forest Green when they went up to the Football League for the first time, but Jackett is definitely a better-known name and Leyton Orient would pay a lot more than us. It would be interesting if it was him; one member of the pod is something of an Orient fan and has been down to see then a few times, I think.   

Just now, Arjy said:

Academy player Kieron Willox has been signed by Rangers. 16 years old and been at us for 6 years. Does anyone know what kind of compensation we'll get for that if any?

https://ictfc.com/ict-academy-player-kieron-willox-signs-for-rangers

Scott Gardiner definitely wrote that statement 

I think Barrow would certainly be able to pay a bit more than us; there's a bit of money behind them and their crowds are a little better than ours. I'd heard of Cooper before because of all the hype around Forest Green when they went up to the Football League for the first time, but Jackett is definitely a better-known name and Leyton Orient would pay a lot more than us. It would be interesting if it was him; one member of the pod is something of an Orient fan and has been down to see then a few times, I think.   

Cooper was a name we came up with as well but given the way Gardiner talked about it, it suggested a bigger name than that I think. I remember Cooper managing Forest Green but a lot of our fans wouldn’t have - the way he was quite clear that we’d have heard of him makes me think it’s more someone like Jackett.

Was a wee bit disappointed to talk about dismissing the South American candidates totally out of hand because of the language barrier. Though that was a bit of a cop out.

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Cooper was a name we came up with as well but given the way Gardiner talked about it, it suggested a bigger name than that I think. I remember Cooper managing Forest Green but a lot of our fans wouldn’t have - the way he was quite clear that we’d have heard of him makes me think it’s more someone like Jackett.

Was a wee bit disappointed to talk about dismissing the South American candidates totally out of hand because of the language barrier. Though that was a bit of a cop out.

It’s about time Ossie Ardiles got his chance.