"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

17 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

I'm sure Rig will confirm this as he posts about this pod a lot (good work by the way) but I see The Wyness Shuffle podcast tweeted earlier that editing of the latest pod is under way so the pod can be uploaded, then I saw a little bit saying that our CEO (who gets unfair criticism imho, yes I know that's rich coming from me ahaha) that he's hoping we have a new signing announced before the weekend :O.

My guess is it'll now be at the weekend as nothing on socials etc yet. 

As @Caley Shaun says some of TWS chaps had a chinwag with Scot Gardiner in the latest podcast which you can get from all good podcasty places (Spotify, Google, Apple etc). Links in the Tweet below. Cheers!

16 hours ago, Hursty said:

Looking for some friendly Highland hospitality advice here folks.  It's my old man's 70th the weekend of the ICT - Ayr game on 19th November.  Looking to make a weekend of it but also bring my Mrs and son.   Any suggestions for accommodation?  Assuming a 2 room apartment type thing is a bit ambitious but even a decent hotel we could get 2 rooms that maybe has a bar and that my wife and son would feel comfortable in if me and the old boy stayed out after game.  Can think of plenty examples in Ayr (Chestnuts, Abbotsford etc if anyone has been down our way and done similar ) but obviously no idea about up your way.  Any suggestions appreciated 👍

The 4 star Kingsmills Hotel is offering Autumn breaks for 2 nights from £67 per guest per night, included is Dinner on one night and buffet breakfast both mornings, plus you get access to the full leisure spa facilities and pool,  free parking is inc, the hotel is a good walk from the town centre so taxis could be an extra cost on match day if you like a refreshment.

21 hours ago, Hursty said:

Looking for some friendly Highland hospitality advice here folks.  It's my old man's 70th the weekend of the ICT - Ayr game on 19th November.  Looking to make a weekend of it but also bring my Mrs and son.   Any suggestions for accommodation?  Assuming a 2 room apartment type thing is a bit ambitious but even a decent hotel we could get 2 rooms that maybe has a bar and that my wife and son would feel comfortable in if me and the old boy stayed out after game.  Can think of plenty examples in Ayr (Chestnuts, Abbotsford etc if anyone has been down our way and done similar ) but obviously no idea about up your way.  Any suggestions appreciated 👍

Got extended family coming up in September and booked an AirBnb for the overflow, £250 per night for a 4 bedroom house with a hot tub, near us and about 15 minutes walk from the centre. Sounds a lot but if you add up the hotel rooms we'd need it's not too bad. The Premier Inn idea above is good, perfect location as described and very near 2 very good restaurants, Rocpool and the Kitchen. and there's the Mustard Seed just across the river. Book ahead, especially for Rocpool which can be fully booked weeks ahead.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'll miss the Clach game due to a glesca function but Brora Saturday is on for me, lunch at the Mirage Helmsdale and Brora GC does a decent dinner on Fri and Sat nights.

That's lunch sorted for driving back from Wick v Clach after a Wednesday night game in August. :)

On 24/06/2022 at 20:41, alsy said:

Closest places to the likes of the Chestnuts, the Abbotsford or the Fairfield Park that I can think of in Inverness are the Craigmonie or the Redcliffe. I've not lived in Inverness for a long time though, so I'm no expert, but probably worth having a look. 

The Craigmonie is alright but feels a bit 80s inside.  I had my dinner at the Redcliff a few weeks ago.  It was alright and by alright I mean not terrible...but also not great and Talk TV was on in the bar.  If the owners actually spent some money on it it could be really nice but it was a bit old fashioned and drab.

4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

The Craigmonie is alright but feels a bit 80s inside.  I had my dinner at the Redcliff a few weeks ago.  It was alright and by alright I mean not terrible...but also not great and Talk TV was on in the bar.  If the owners actually spent some money on it it could be really nice but it was a bit old fashioned and drab.

Haven't been in the Craigmonie for donkeys, but I had a meal at the Redcliffe with my folks last year and it was decent enough. Those were the two I thought of specifically because they reminded me of the Chestnuts in Ayr, which the poster referenced - it's my mother-in-law's lunch venue of choice whdn we go to visit her, and it's a similar sort of vibe, much more traditional than Premier Inn-type places.    

33 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hope the lads don't take Duran Duran lightly next week, would be good to kick of the season with a big win

It’s difficult to see anything other than a win coming against Bocelli.

35 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Carson needs to set the tone with a crunching challenge in the first minute

He'll never see that coming.