"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Looks like a new away kit is being unveiled today. Hopefully a red and black one, which it should’ve always been since 1994.

It better be a good one with this years home top being absolutely horrendous.

34 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I’ve always hated the whole Caley home, Thistle away kit idea but surely whatever it is it’ll be better than last season’s ghastly white top with the mouthwash-coloured shorts.

Agree with that, the Caley home, Thistle away thing is drivel and thankfully never been a thing.
Using the red and blue stripes is ICT's identity.

I like that we have variety in the away shirt over the years.  It means that we have had some absolute stinkers over the years though, that orange one and the fairly recent white one with the black and white chequered pattern at the bottom being amongst the worst IMO.  That's the thing with football shirts though, what one person really likes another absolutely hates.

BTW, I don't mind last seasons white shirt, it's far from the worst we've ever had.

I'm sure Rig will confirm this as he posts about this pod a lot (good work by the way) but I see The Wyness Shuffle podcast tweeted earlier that editing of the latest pod is under way so the pod can be uploaded, then I saw a little bit saying that our CEO (who gets unfair criticism imho, yes I know that's rich coming from me ahaha) that he's hoping we have a new signing announced before the weekend :O.

My guess is it'll now be at the weekend as nothing on socials etc yet. 

Looking for some friendly Highland hospitality advice here folks.  It's my old man's 70th the weekend of the ICT - Ayr game on 19th November.  Looking to make a weekend of it but also bring my Mrs and son.   Any suggestions for accommodation?  Assuming a 2 room apartment type thing is a bit ambitious but even a decent hotel we could get 2 rooms that maybe has a bar and that my wife and son would feel comfortable in if me and the old boy stayed out after game.  Can think of plenty examples in Ayr (Chestnuts, Abbotsford etc if anyone has been down our way and done similar ) but obviously no idea about up your way.  Any suggestions appreciated 👍

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Looking for some friendly Highland hospitality advice here folks.  It's my old man's 70th the weekend of the ICT - Ayr game on 19th November.  Looking to make a weekend of it but also bring my Mrs and son.   Any suggestions for accommodation?  Assuming a 2 room apartment type thing is a bit ambitious but even a decent hotel we could get 2 rooms that maybe has a bar and that my wife and son would feel comfortable in if me and the old boy stayed out after game.  Can think of plenty examples in Ayr (Chestnuts, Abbotsford etc if anyone has been down our way and done similar ) but obviously no idea about up your way.  Any suggestions appreciated 👍

Closest places to the likes of the Chestnuts, the Abbotsford or the Fairfield Park that I can think of in Inverness are the Craigmonie or the Redcliffe. I've not lived in Inverness for a long time though, so I'm no expert, but probably worth having a look. 

16 hours ago, Hursty said:

Premier inn on Huntly Street.  onsite parking , everything on your doorstep food and drink wise. Has it's own restaurant and bar and you're a three minute walk away from the Caley Club just around the corner on Greig Street who run a bus to and from the game. I think it costs about £4 return? Cheap pints before and after the game.  Loads of bars and restaurants all within a 5 minute walk.