"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 14/06/2022 at 15:24, Broken Algorithms said:
On 14/06/2022 at 14:54, bdu98196 said:
With the vacant seat at Tannadice wonder whether there may be any interest shown towards Dodds? Had an ok season last year getting us to the play-off finals and having the previous history with the club would he be on any potential short lists. It''ll be the usual round of names being linked and he's probably on a par with many of those.

It'll go to Jack Ross. The Courier are tipping them and they're as good as gospel for information on the Dundee and Fife clubs.

Not saying it won't be him, but "as good as gospel"?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

On 13/06/2022 at 19:05, sophia said:

boo   booo    booooo 

Not rugby, not rugby again at the stadium.

I can't believe it and what is Scot Gardiner thinking of?

I'm beginning to think the Dundee weirdos have been correct all along

Gardiner out!!!! 

Oh and thank you

I think it’s brilliant the rugby is coming to the city. It shows the vision the club have in their ability to get the most out of the stadium. It also shows they genuinely believe in Growing Inverness as a sporting capitol for the Highlands and Islands. Saw in the Courier that young Scotland player Jamie Dobie from Inverness used to watch the ICT games - he also played in the Highland youth team with Roddy MacGregor. Our young players should play as many sports as possible when kids - develop all sorts of skills (and dare I say it, better attitudes). 
Barcelona seem to do well having a basketball team running with the football and that fits in with their mantra of ‘more than a club’. You should have a read of The Barcelona Way by Dr Damien Hughes - although it seems a different world- there’s so much we could learn from. They use the Catalonian card to build a team spirit…..we could harness the Highlander spirit to build a strong identity. Let’s face it, the way the Highlanders have been treated over the last 275 years would make anyone angry! 

Just now, Ott said:

I think it’s brilliant the rugby is coming to the city. It shows the vision the club have in their ability to get the most out of the stadium. It also shows they genuinely believe in Growing Inverness as a sporting capitol for the Highlands and Islands. Saw in the Courier that young Scotland player Jamie Dobie from Inverness used to watch the ICT games - he also played in the Highland youth team with Roddy MacGregor. Our young players should play as many sports as possible when kids - develop all sorts of skills (and dare I say it, better attitudes). 
Barcelona seem to do well having a basketball team running with the football and that fits in with their mantra of ‘more than a club’. You should have a read of The Barcelona Way by Dr Damien Hughes - although it seems a different world- there’s so much we could learn from. They use the Catalonian card to build a team spirit…..we could harness the Highlander spirit to build a strong identity. Let’s face it, the way the Highlanders have been treated over the last 275 years would make anyone angry! 

mourinho-jose-mourinho.gif.4ffcca5a2c8ef4e6b4a7d11893a502dc.gif

2 hours ago, Ott said:

I believe PGA Tour player Russell Knox used to play ice hockey here.

If we take Walsh and Sutherland's injuries into the picture just now and provided no-one leaves, we could start a match tomorrow with - 

Ridgers

Carson Duffy Devine Deas

MacGregor Welsh Allardice

Doran Mckay Samuels

Bench - MacKay, Harper, Hyde, Nicolson 

For my liking we're short of a right back, a left back (still!), another striker, another central midfielder and another winger.  The base of our squad is very much there, but we need four new signings at least IMO.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Tumilty and the catastrophically bald Paul McGowan offered deals apparently.

Surprised we'd let McGowan go considering he still has another year on his deal but I'd read that Dunfermline (McPake link) had offered him a deal as well on here. McGowan still has a lot to offer at this level but doesn't have it in him to be the quality required in a 2 man centre anymore.

Tumilty would be a cracking signing for anyone at this level. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Surprised we'd let McGowan go considering he still has another year on his deal but I'd read that Dunfermline (McPake link) had offered him a deal as well on here. McGowan still has a lot to offer at this level but doesn't have it in him to be the quality required in a 2 man centre anymore.

Tumilty would be a cracking signing for anyone at this level. 

Let’s hope we haven’t offered him a deal then.

If we do manage to get Tumilty, I’d very very happily surprised if we did, then that would hopefully mean Carson going back into centre midfield which would mean we don’t need to bring in a new signing.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Tumilty would be a decent signing and nothing more.Fairly good going forward but defensively pretty average

We have played a centre mid at right back for the last two seasons so it will be good to have a player who is natural in that position, no matter how good Carson has been there.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Tumilty always seems like a red card waiting to happen. Not ideal.

He got sent off for two yellows in a cup game against Falkirk last season but struggling to think of any more for us over two seasons.

It would be a bit annoying to see him land up back elsewhere in the Championship but no doubt he'd be a good signing for anyone.

I may or may not have overheard a conversation tonight saying we are announcing two signings tomorrow, both of whom completed medical today. Believe he said a right back (Tumilty?), and a winger.

We also have a centre back coming in on trial who has just left West Brom.

This said individual said he reckoned we needed another 4 players on top of that to push for the league title.