"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

12 hours ago, sophia said:

Now we're getting somewhere and I'm sure we can all agree a standing section is appropriate.

The question is where in the stadium it should be.

When they build the stage for Bocelli they should leave it in place for those who want to stand!??

BTW the Busker Bocelli prices are hefty and no wonder they're slow in selling, I think the club should have left this to a promoter to take the hit. 

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Aye and that wee stand on the left of the away stand at Dens still has the planks.

How very dare you. That's the famous Dens Derry.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

When they build the stage for Bocelli they should leave it in place for those who want to stand!??

BTW the Busker Bocelli prices are hefty and no wonder they're slow in selling, I think the club should have left this to a promoter to take the hit. 

Gardiner making a chunt of things again?

Thank you.

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Aye you replaced him with Nelms who'se done a fantastic job.

:lol:

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dens Park, Dundee in the 1980s. | Stadium pics, Nostalgic ...

:lol::lol:

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Aye and that wee stand on the left of the away stand at Dens still has the planks.

No, it doesn't. That's the Main Stand and even has some leather seating in it. The rest are just your standard seats.

What a mare you've had.

Robert Duvall, in that movie, said 'I love the smell of Napalm in the morning'.

Me, I love the Hysteria of Dundee fans desperate to defend their club against the merest criticism.

I'm having a 'mare' ?

Great to have the Hilltoon and Lochee back as the Killie fans took themselves far too seriously.

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Whenever this thread is bumped I eagerly click on, hoping we’ve made a signing or done something interesting.  Silly me.

The club seems to be tweeting more about the forthcoming concerts / gigs at the stadium than any football business. Hopefully that changes soon.

I still feel we need players in the wide areas, both in defence and in attack, as well as another striker but the spine of the team seems solid enough though I wouldn't be averse to it being improved if at all possible.

Reece McAlear still hasn't signed with anyone. Dare we dream...

Edited by RiG

59 minutes ago, RiG said:

The club seems to be tweeting more about the forthcoming concerts / gigs at the stadium than any football business. Hopefully that changes soon.

I still feel we need players in the wide areas, both in defence and in attack, as well as another striker but the spine of the team seems solid enough though I wouldn't be averse to it being improved if at all possible.

Reece McAlear still hasn't signed with anyone. Dare we dream...

If we're going to dream then I want Scott Allan as well please.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Whenever this thread is bumped I eagerly click on, hoping we’ve made a signing or done something interesting.  Silly me.

Or even just that our fellow supporters aren't making a public fool of themselves for a change............suppose its inevitable when the words ICT & forum go together.

Or even just that our fellow supporters aren't making a public fool of themselves for a change............suppose its inevitable when the words ICT & forum go together.

This thread has recently been a great reminder of why the Ignore button exists.

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Dundee fans have a weird hard on for The Caley.  Probably due to us achieving more than them since we joined the SFL in 1994.

Arbroath fans as well, which is even more cute given that they’ll be a Highland League side in around a decade. 

Have many folk renewed their season ticket or are we waiting to see what business the club does before signing up to another season of watching The Caley?

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Have many folk renewed their season ticket or are we waiting to see what business the club does before signing up to another season of watching The Caley?

I haven’t got mine yet but that’s being down to whether I can afford one right now over what business we will be doing.

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Dundee fans have a weird hard on for The Caley.  Probably due to us achieving more than them since we joined the SFL in 1994.

Correct, they've had the piss ripped out of them in the Premier forum and now their back here with the big balls.

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Aren't you a regular contributor on the inward looking CTO, the forum that has all the dour optimism of an undertakers waiting room.

Your criticism is acknowledged but if you want mind numbing boring admin control to suit you, it's not on this forum as I've been aware of since 2005.

Here we have to contend with all the barbs and criticisms from other fans in the Championship, apologies if it offends your obvious sensitivity.

If you posted more on here you might get with the groove.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Here we have to contend with all the barbs and criticisms from other fans in the Championship,

Oh my, it's such a hot bed of constant ridicule on here from so many fans of other clubs who give about as many fucks about us, as most of us do about them. The isolated obsessives live amongst us from all corners though I guess, but whether someone is laughing with you or laughing at you there's entertainment being provided to many.

Are we the ONLY club not to sign a player yet 🤔?

It's been a few weeks now and tbh it's pissing me off seeing other clubs sign players yet we haven't signed ANYBODY despite contracts being offered to players supposedly!

Oh and still no news on Shane Sutherland, Wallace Duffy or Aaron Doran signing new deals yet, what's the wait 😜.